Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a native born Texan so I still follow H.S football in the state (it's what happens when you grow up in Southlake with Todd Dodge as head coach.) They need to go after Kenny Hill of SLC, he's the best QB SLC has ever produced. And that's saying a lot. Especially considering that Greg McElroy and Chase Daniel came out of there.
Well, looks like Hill won't be playing for the Longhorns. They offered the 5 star QB Tyrone Swoops out of Whitewright, TX and he accepted last week. Hill contacted TX today and said he would not be coming to their junior day this weekend. Hope we don't regret this in the end.

Anyone in the Dallas or Texas area plan on going to the Alabama Michigan game at Jerry's house?

Don't live in the area, Nebraska, but can't wait to see that matchup for sure.

Anyone in the Dallas or Texas area plan on going to the Alabama Michigan game at Jerry's house?

Don't live in the area, Nebraska, but can't wait to see that matchup for sure.

Wait...you would call that a matchup??? Well I guess it is in a sense of the word. I would just call it a bad idea on Michigan's part!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

Wait...you would call that a matchup??? Well I guess it is in a sense of the word. I would just call it a bad idea on Michigan's part!

Siri does my posting for me using Tapatalk.

So a team finishes: Final Record: 11-2, 6-2 (Big Ten). Now they shouldn't have lost to Iowa, but a loss is a loss. They beat a decent VT team in the Sugar Bowl. And I'm a Husker fan, but man alive can they get a little credit. Hoke did an amazing job with them last year.

So a team finishes: Final Record: 11-2, 6-2 (Big Ten). Now they shouldn't have lost to Iowa, but a loss is a loss. They beat a decent VT team in the Sugar Bowl. And I'm a Husker fan, but man alive can they get a little credit. Hoke did an amazing job with them last year.

My dad is from Michigan and I actually grew up a Bama fan and Michigan fan. But I'm an Alabama alum and kind of grew out of the Michigan fandom. Good luck to Michigan for the season, but not that game.

I think it would be awesome to see those two classic uniforms on the field against each other.

My dad is from Michigan and I actually grew up a Bama fan and Michigan fan. But I'm an Alabama alum and kind of grew out of the Michigan fandom. Good luck to Michigan for the season, but not that game.

I think it would be awesome to see those two classic uniforms on the field against each other.

It's funny you would mention uniforms, I loved what Michigan did this year with their throwbacks!

It's funny you would mention uniforms, I loved what Michigan did this year with their throwbacks!

I liked the ones with the big M on the chest. Not sure about the numbers on the helmet though. Seemed like too much going on with the number and the three stripes. I love the stripes by itself!

Plus, that whole number on the helmet thing is taken by one team who does it pretty well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait for the Bama-Michigan game. I still remember Brady torching us in the '99 Orange Bowl. Shaun Alexander had a big day for Bama as well, but Bama lost in OT due to a missed extra point. It will also be the best two uniforms in college football going at it. RTR.

I can't wait for the Bama-Michigan game. I still remember Brady torching us in the '99 Orange Bowl. Shaun Alexander had a big day for Bama as well, but Bama lost in OT due to a missed extra point. It will also be the best two uniforms in college football going at it. RTR.
Eh, I think there are a few other uniforms I prefer over Michigans. Classic? Yes, two of the classic uniforms in College Football.

Eh, I think there are a few other uniforms I prefer over Michigans. Classic? Yes, two of the classic uniforms in College Football.

I would even go so far as to say two classic unis, but there are others I perfer. Especially one red & black one. :D

Just booked our hotel rooms for the Tennessee/Mizzou game this fall. Looking forward to the SEC!

I would even go so far as to say two classic unis, but there are others I perfer. Especially one red & black one. :D
I have an orange and blue one in mind, and it aint Florida!

Just booked our hotel rooms for the Tennessee/Mizzou game this fall. Looking forward to the SEC!

I know ya'll have great skills position players coming back, what are your offensive and defensive lines going to be like? They are key in the SEC.

The trenches are what separates the SEC from every other conference, specifically the DLine. Everybody has good/speedy skill guys. The DLines in the SEC are freakish.

The trenches are what separates the SEC from every other conference, specifically the DLine. Everybody has good/speedy skill guys. The DLines in the SEC are freakish.

Yep, and the top teams are deep in those lines, that has been a problem at UGA the past few years. We actually have a great 1st team defense, after that not so much.

I know ya'll have great skills position players coming back, what are your offensive and defensive lines going to be like? They are key in the SEC.

Average at best, DawgDaddy. I would like to be an overly-optimistic fan and say we can hang with the big guys, but, I'm a realist. We have work to do. Our mobile QB/spread attack my not cut it.

I'm hoping to make it out to Pasadena for the Nebraska/UCLA game this fall. Airline tickets above $300...ughh....

Average at best, DawgDaddy. I would like to be an overly-optimistic fan and say we can hang with the big guys, but, I'm a realist. We have work to do. Our mobile QB/spread attack my not cut it.

Gotcha, but the problem is the little guys in the SEC are pretty darn good too, can't just think you can throw your helmet on the field and get a win because a team has only 3 wins late in October or you will get beat.

Gotcha, but the problem is the little guys in the SEC are pretty darn good too, can't just think you can throw your helmet on the field and get a win because a team has only 3 wins late in October or you will get beat.

Kentucky, Miss St and Vanderbilt are a lot of things, but a juggernaut on the football field they are not.

No doubt about that, Dawg. I'm hopeful that we can continue to improve and be competitive in the near future.

Kentucky, Miss St and Vanderbilt are a lot of things, but a juggernaut on the football field they are not.

Nope, I agree they are not powerhouses in football but they are not pushovers either, bama has some history with Vandy that is hurtful to their fans. And all have years of pretty good ball occasionally making lower tier bowls.

Texas Tech?

No doubt about that, Dawg. I'm hopeful that we can continue to improve and be competitive in the near future.

Doug you're a Mizzou guy? Welcome to the SEC! Excited about what you guys will bring - in football but in basketball too. Only problem is, who's gonna beat OU now?

Be prepared for a lot of gross orange! Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back