Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do I. I watched him a lot last year. He is going to be a great NFL back.

Lattimore is a 1st round talent in the 2013 NFL Draft, easily.

Gamecocks' next 4 games are all at home: Navy, Vandy, Auburn, Kentucky. They should be 6-0 after that stretch with this type of talent.

I played defensive back (linebacker) in high school. It does not take a rocket scientist to see where the dawgs have put their number one priority in their high school picks and it was not on the Defensive side of the ball.. Sad but I have always thought you win championships with great defenses...

I have always said that myself, Defense wins championships. But what I witnessed last year with AU really makes me thinking that that is not the norm anymore. Hold on to the ball, and out score 'em seems to be the thing to do now.

What looks better: Notre Dame's offense or their sweet throwback uniforms?

What looks better: Notre Dame's offense or their sweet throwback uniforms?

I dont like the clover on the helmet. Jerseys are sweet though.

Michigan needs to keep the stripes on their shoulders.

I dont like the clover on the helmet. Jerseys are sweet though.

Michigan needs to keep the stripes on their shoulders.
Me too. The clover is ugly.

Michael Floyd is impressive too. He is fast for a bigger receiver.

Im not a fan of the Tide, but they made PSU look like a high school game today. Not a huge surprise really, but it was not even close to competitive.

Im not a fan of the Tide, but they made PSU look like a high school game today. Not a huge surprise really, but it was not even close to competitive.

I saw some of that game. It looked like Mattycaulk trying to keep up with JB on the golf course

I hate ND but I bet on them tonight and so far they are doing it for me.

Texas pulled it out. They looked good in the second half. It was awesome seeing McCoy and shipley connecting again.. Even when it is their brothers

I hate ND but I bet on them tonight and so far they are doing it for me.

U bet on the game? Ur nuts man. ND played bad last week and then them going into The big house is a crazy big cajounes bet. Hopefully it wasn't to much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like Michigan has been playing defense. Could be trouble for the Big 10.

Pittsburg State crushes Emporia State 38-14. NCAA D2.

Ya'll are missing a good ND/Mich game!

Wowowowowwowowowowowowowow michigan!!!!

Wow what a crazy game between Michigan and Notre Dame.

Notre Dame is awful. I hope they join the Big 10. Wisconsin needs another cupcake win every year.

This Michigan/ND game has been hilarious..

Almost as funny as watching all my twitter CBJ buddies (aka osu fans) flip out and laugh at Michigan only to watch them come back... Twice.. hahaha!

Best game of the season so far

Unreal atmosphere!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Watkins Helps Muscle Pitt State Past Emporia, 38-14

PITTSBURG -- Solomon Watkins scored three rushing touchdowns in his first collegiate start to help No. 25 ranked Pitt State muscle past Emporia State, 38-14, Saturday (Sept. 10) before a sellout crowd of 8,637 fans at Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium. The Gorillas (2-0, 2-0 MIAA) fell behind quickly 7-0 to the Hornets (0-2, 0-2 MIAA), but Pitt State recovered and scored 38 unanswered points to take control of the game.

After a quick three-and-out by the Gorillas to open the contest, Emporia drove 63 yards on seven plays with Dasor Horton capping the drive with a 1-yard plunge with 10:32 to play in the first period. Pitt State finally got on the board with 3:54 remaining in the opening quarter. Watkins scored on an eight-yard run on a drive that was set up by a 22-yard punt return by John Brown.

Watkins added a 3-yard run with 9:11 to play in the second quarter and Chase McCoy booted a 20-yard field goal with 3:37 remaining in the half for a 17-7 edge. The Gorillas defense, which limited the Hornets to 63 yards of total offense in the first half after ESU's opening drive, forced a 3-and-out and three plays later Zac Dickey hit Andrew Castaneda with a 40-yard touchdown strike for a 24-7 advantage.

The Gorillas tacked on a pair of second-half touchdowns in stretching their lead to 38-7 early in the fourth quarter. Jason Spradling scored on a 6-yard run with 1:10 to play in the third quarter; and Watkins scored from a yard out with 13:52 remaining in the game. Emporia got a late score from Jordan Tice for the game's final margin.

Watkins rushed 14 times for a game-high 70 yards, while Jeff Seybold carried 11 times for 59 yards as the Gorillas compiled 265 rushing yards in the game. Dickey completed 7 of 14 passes for 118 yards. Brown had four catches for 61 yards. Eckenrode completed 20 of 35 passes for 177 yards with two interceptions for the Hornets. Luke Stringer and Nate Dreiling posted 11 tackles apiece for the Gorillas. Dreiling added a fumble recovery and an interception.

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/home/detail.dot?id=362582

Awesome SV. Cool to see how well they are doing this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back