Official 2013 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day Details - The Ultimate Weekend of Golf

What about me? :confused2: Are you not happy I am making it as well? #poutinginthecorner

WR I am happy you are making it back to the outing. It just wouldn't be the same without you. And nobody comes much further that you to Orlando except this year our friend from across the pond.

Wonder if THP is going to do another driver shootout like they did in 2010 or if it just makes for a migrain because peoples favorite OEM didn't win.

WR, don't forget to bring your Excel spreadsheets otherwise I won't know the golfing who where and what.

So glad I am making the trip this year. Seems like 2013 is going to be another great year for new clubs and I can't wait to get my hands on them all.

The Golf Channel is showing the finale of Big Break 7 right now, which was filmed at Reunion. Good chance to get some views of the Watson course.

John Deere Tap'n

The Golf Channel is showing the finale of Big Break 7 right now, which was filmed at Reunion. Good chance to get some views of the Watson course.

John Deere Tap'n

I was just about to post this! TONS of sand on this course.

I got my confirmation in yesterday. I can't wait to see everyone again in May!

Awesome glad to see you are heading to another outing!!

I was like most I thought, and jumped at the onset thinking there wouldn't be any spots open after the first few days. I am seriously surprised that there are even openings for those that are not a part of the ultimate participation club. Thanks G for helping me understand an outing of this caliber unknown to me. IOWA was one thing, I imagine this to be mind blowing...maybe to a literal aspect:drinks:

Any questions you have, feel free to ask!!

WR I am happy you are making it back to the outing. It just wouldn't be the same without you. And nobody comes much further that you to Orlando except this year our friend from across the pond.

Thanks V!! Appreciate it!!!

WR, don't forget to bring your Excel spreadsheets otherwise I won't know the golfing who where and what.

Not sure there will be spreadsheets this year... might let those interested in extra rounds to set them up for themselves.. We'll see as it gets closer, of course if we do this as a group I have no problem helping set things up.

I was just about to post this! TONS of sand on this course.

Brings back memories. They are on the hole now that Belbin carried a ball 320 and almost hit Donne.

John Deere Tap'n

Brings back memories. They are on the hole now that Belbin carried a ball 320 and almost hit Donne.

John Deere Tap'n

I still wake up with cold sweats at that thought :act-up: Took me three or four holes to recover.

I still wake up with cold sweats at that thought :act-up: Took me three or four holes to recover.

haha, I remember. I still can't believe he hit it that far into the wind. Damn gorilla strength. Watching the BB right now has me very anxious to get back on the courses at the outing.

Last night I was sitting around thinking...whats the main reason people attend these? Is it for the company of over 50 THPers? Is it to hit the new equipment? Both? Just a random thought. I know why I personally go....

its to see old friends and meet new ones. People that like to talk about the same things I do...golf. I love being able to bang away on the range as well. but, it got me wondering....are there people there just for the equipment?

Can't wait to hear One-T start the ribbing during the contests again. Lesson learned here - just pay for 3 chances at all contests ;)
hahaha...its embarrassing only hitting once and I promise you I will rib you more. 3 contests equal 15 bucks. 15 bucks that give you 9 opportunities to win something sick. 15 bucks also goes to helping THP pay for all of us to have a good time. To me....15 bones is nothing.

The one I went to, I had a blast. It was awesome meeting all of the people I felt I already knew.

Its such an unusual but awesome dynamic. I loved every second and cant wait for the day I get to return!

Last night I was sitting around thinking...whats the main reason people attend these? Is it for the company of over 50 THPers? Is it to hit the new equipment? Both? Just a random thought. I know why I personally go....

its to see old friends and meet new ones. People that like to talk about the same things I do...golf. I love being able to bang away on the range as well. but, it got me wondering....are there people there just for the equipment?

Personally for me, it's about hanging out with other THP'ers and playing some amazing golf courses. I would be there with or without the demo day.

I guess my reasons for coming might not be indicitive of the whole crowd, but I'm there to meet some THPers and have a good time.

I love the fact that I'll get to hit some stuff that I'll probably never see over here, and I'm pretty excited by the prospect of taking a bit of time to try to figure out the proper driver/wood shafts for me....but I'd be there if there was nothing of the sort.

The thing that attracts me to the outing is the camaraderie and the tales of the guys who have been there and now wouldn't miss it. I can't wait.

Personally for me, it's about hanging out with other THP'ers and playing some amazing golf courses. I would be there with or without the demo day.
I hear ya...I try my best every year to greet new people and make them feel welcomed and right at home. sometimes that just doesnt help. I know not everyone is outgoing

That's a really interesting question, and I think the outing means something different to everyone. I do think there might be some people there just for the equipment, but I think most people are there for the golf and the friendships. Great question One-T! :smile:

I guess my reasons for coming might not be indicitive of the whole crowd, but I'm there to meet some THPers and have a good time.

I love the fact that I'll get to hit some stuff that I'll probably never see over here, and I'm pretty excited by the prospect of taking a bit of time to try to figure out the proper driver/wood shafts for me....but I'd be there if there was nothing of the sort.

The thing that attracts me to the outing is the camaraderie and the tales of the guys who have been there and now wouldn't miss it. I can't wait.
thats awesome bro, I cant wait to meet you.

dont get me wrong, I think the demo day is VERY much needed and an AWESOME opportunity to hit stuff. and its why THP ever started outings.

That's a really interesting question, and I think the outing means something different to everyone. I do think there might be some people there just for the equipment, but I think most people are there for the golf and the friendships. Great question One-T! :smile:
thanks Morgan! I couldnt get my head wrapped around a few things so I thought I would ask...haha

I hear ya...I try my best every year to greet new people and make them feel welcomed and right at home. sometimes that just doesnt help. I know not everyone is outgoing

If there is anyone who is going to get someone to be outgoing, it's going to be you.

As a total THP Event newb at last year's event, I thought you (and others) did a great job trying to get everyone involved and breaking the tension. Like you said, it took a bit longer for people to feel comfortable than others.

I really dont think too many people go JUST for the equipment (based off my experience last year). It seemed like we lost a good number of people from the Demo Day portion as the day progressed. I loved it, it was easy to meet so many people while you watched others crumble under the pressure of THP contest shots. :bomb:

If there is anyone who is going to get someone to be outgoing, it's going to be you.
I will be 100% honest here. Its my goal at every THP event to welcome people...I know what its like being a newbie...

thats awesome bro, I cant wait to meet you.

dont get me wrong, I think the demo day is VERY much needed and an AWESOME opportunity to hit stuff. and its why THP ever started outings.

I'll take a wild guess and say I reckon we're going to have some fun. :D

The demo day is unique, it's something that no other place COULD do, in my opinion. One of many things which make a THP event special. Something like that really could help a shy person come out of their shell too, sharing opinions and thoughts.

The first time I signed up for the outing I went because of the stories and pictures I read/saw from the first small outing back in Sarasota. Hearing about guys getting together, having only met on the internet, and hanging out playing golf and demoing great equipment was a big sell. I still remember the excitement when I signed up for it. I won't lie, I was nervous as hell when I followed people down to the Bear Trap Bar Room that first night.

After the first outing my sole reason to keep attending outings is because I want to hang out with those people again. Normally I get to see them all but once a year so it's the one trip I always look forward to. Not to mention meeting the first timers that show up. I just enjoy being in the company of people who share the same interest and like to kick back and have some fun.

Last year was my first year golfing and when I initially signed up for the outing I couldn't wait to get my hands on that much equipment. In Mobile we only have one golf shop and one Academy Sports, so I never get to test anything out because neither are accommodating at all with there hitting bays. The reason I sent in my email at midnight to get in this year has little to do with equipment, and a lot to do with the excitement of playing some amazing golf with even more amazing people.

Back