OEM Kevin's driver swing!

I think Tadashi pretty much covered it. I was going to post those exact frames. I saw the following:

1. You are not setting your wrists in the backswing. Ideally, you want about a 90 degree angle between the shaft and your right forearm. Because of your short/quick backswing, you aren't getting there.
2. Partly because of #1, you are releasing your hands way too early (i.e. casting). Since you have so little wrist cock to begin with, there isn't any lag in the club head coming down, which = no power.
3. The frame just prior to impact shows a pretty open club face, which would imply that you are starting the ball to the right and then fading it more due to the casting/over the top move creating slice spin.
3. There is very little lower body move in your downswing. Ideally, at impact, your hips would have rotated toward the target. It seems your swing is almost all arms/shoulders. You have a good shoulder turn, but are failing to generate maximum speed in your downswing by not rotating your lower body.

lol that pretty much nailed everything that is wrong or going on with my driver swing. Way out right, slice more right and only go 175 yards. Then older dude Im playing with snickers like Gmac playing with tigger. Seriously though thanks for the feedback, its exactly what I was looking for.

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but if you pause your swing at impact your hands are further away from your body than at address. This is probably due to an over-the-top swing. Also, a slower takeaway helps control the swing plane.

I had a similar issue a few months ago with high, weak fades / slice.... check out this thread from Golftec.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Swinging-down-with-Driver&p=912024#post912024

Not sure if this was mentioned already, but if you pause your swing at impact your hands are further away from your body than at address. This is probably due to an over-the-top swing. Also, a slower takeaway helps control the swing plane.

I had a similar issue a few months ago with high, weak fades / slice.... check out this thread from Golftec.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...Swinging-down-with-Driver&p=912024#post912024

I struggle with the OTT swing pretty bad. Cant seem to shake it for some reason. I actually did read your thread back when you posted it, some good stuff in there.

Were you able to work it out?

I struggle with the OTT swing pretty bad. Cant seem to shake it for some reason. I actually did read your thread back when you posted it, some good stuff in there.

Were you able to work it out?

Yes, but it took more than those drills. Lessons @ McLean school and hundreds of swings with short irons to get the swing plane back in line and more inside before even touching the driver. I actually went to home depot and bought a small 2 x 4 to place on right side of golf ball... about a couple inches away. You can also do this with a headcover. If my swing was over the top, I'd hit the wood before the golf ball. Did the same drill @ McLean so I can't take the credit, and trust me its loud and embarrassing at first but it'll really teach you to swing from the inside.

Yes, but it took more than those drills. Lessons @ McLean school and hundreds of swings with short irons to get the swing plane back in line and more inside before even touching the driver. I actually went to home depot and bought a small 2 x 4 to place on right side of golf ball... about a couple inches away. You can also do this with a headcover. If my swing was over the top, I'd hit the wood before the golf ball. Did the same drill @ McLean so I can't take the credit, and trust me its loud and embarrassing at first but it'll really teach you to swing from the inside.

Ive done that same drill before and youre right it does help. Guess I should start doing it again because my OTT swing is out of control again.

Ive done that same drill before and youre right it does help. Guess I should start doing it again because my OTT swing is out of control again.

Vision Track has a little piece to help see if you are OTT.

Vision Track has a little piece to help see if you are OTT.

Hawk brought up the Vision Track too, said it really helped him out. I need to look into it. Do you have it?

Hawk brought up the Vision Track too, said it really helped him out. I need to look into it. Do you have it?

Yes I do. I almost never use it and I don't know why. I practiced with it for a few days and went out and shot a 77. Put it away and my next round was an 88. It does work

This is a seriously great thread. I've learned a ton just reading all the help to OEM!

This is a seriously great thread. I've learned a ton just reading all the help to OEM!

I agree duey, tons of good stuff here and now I wish Id put it up earlier. I toiled over the idea for a few weeks lol

I agree duey, tons of good stuff here and now I wish Id put it up earlier. I toiled over the idea for a few weeks lol

It's great, I'm going to practice a few of these today. How cool would it be to finally hit the driver straight for a change, haha

+1, Thanks OEM for putting yourself out there and everyone who has contributed some solutions. Will be using some of the drills posted in here for sure.

It's great, I'm going to practice a few of these today. How cool would it be to finally hit the driver straight for a change, haha

Such a rare thing for me. Its either way left or way right but I sure would enjoy it for once.

I'm going to post 3 vids for you. They are all similar in their message..I talk about holding the angle in the first video..

The second is a side view of the 1st and talk about getting you right should behind or on your target line and not in front of it.

Pay attention to the second half of the third video, I talk about keeping the weight on the inside of the right leg. By doing this you will limit the amount of should turn there by reducing an over swing. It also gives you some added power though the ball

Tadashi that was awesome man. Those are all drills we al should be working on/

Really cool Tadashi! Rep added.

Tadashi, thank you very much for posting those videos and tips, there is some great info there and I will definitely use them when I hit the range next.

Thanks guys, much appreciated...I hope It helps KevDog as well

AH who cares about Kevin, it will help the rest of us..LOL

Seriously I do hope they get Kevin back on his game!! I am sure they will help him.

AH who cares about Kevin, it will help the rest of us..LOL

Seriously I do hope they get Kevin back on his game!! I am sure they will help him.
Right on WR! Good info Tadashi, thanks a lot.

Awesome vids Tadashi, thanks for taking the time to do those. It was all very clear too. I'll be practicing these things and hopefully by outing time you get out driven by a Richard haha. You could do your own Golf Fix with Tadashi. Well done sir!

Thanks OEM, I just hope they work for you. You have all the makings of a great swing. The intangibles that so many never get. If this helps to put you in a good position with your club, the strokes will start melting away. I enjoyed making the vids, thanks for the feedback. Keep us posted on your progress while you can still get out and play.
Awesome vids Tadashi, thanks for taking the time to do those. It was all very clear too. I'll be practicing these things and hopefully by outing time you get out driven by a Richard haha. You could do your own Golf Fix with Tadashi. Well done sir!

Tadashi - I remember saying "wow" the first time I saw your swing on video. It's really good. Love that you are sharing your secrets with the rest of us. Thank you!!

I'm going to post 3 vids for you. They are all similar in their message..I talk about holding the angle in the first video..

The second is a side view of the 1st and talk about getting you right should behind or on your target line and not in front of it.

Pay attention to the second half of the third video, I talk about keeping the weight on the inside of the right leg. By doing this you will limit the amount of should turn there by reducing an over swing. It also gives you some added power though the ball

I tried repping you dude but I've already shown you too much love! You are killing it in this thread. Thanks for all of the great info!!

Thank Kelly and CL, I love golf and sharing when I can. Preciate the love clsmooth

Back