Nuun Drink Tablets - Forum Review

It's cool to see so many still using them and believing in the product. It makes me feel like it's something I should try, there are too many good testimonials here to ignore it.

I am a pale skinned, blue eyed, migraine sufferer, and Nuun has certainly helped my stamina on the course. There's just no denying it. In years past, anytime I would tee it up in 90+ degree temps, I would hit the wall about #14 and limp into the clubhouse. Since I have been drinking Nuun on the course, mixed with a better on course diet (nuts and fruit), I have yet to hit the wall and I have played golf in 100+ degree temps more this year, than I have in the past 5 years, combined. And I am yet to hit a wall and most times, I can play another 9 or a few more holes, and I don't feel exhausted or worn out. It's not a shot in the arm of energy and stamina, and anyone expecting such are going to be disappointed. But its a great way to take care of yourself over a few hours time, ensuring you have the energy to finish out. Nuun is all I drink now and I always have a few tubes in the golf bag, as well as a few at home, for when I mow the grass or need to recover the next day from craps, or the occasional hang over. They work well then, too. LOL.

, I can play another 9 or a few more holes, and I don't feel exhausted or worn out. It's not a shot in the arm of energy and stamina, and anyone expecting such are going to be disappointed. But its a great way to take care of yourself over a few hours time, ensuring you have the energy to finish out.

This is exactly why I want to try them, I run out of gas around 15 or 16 on hot days and no matter how much I stay hydrated I just can't focus properly anymore.

This is exactly why I want to try them, I run out of gas around 15 or 16 on hot days and no matter how much I stay hydrated I just can't focus properly anymore.

Amen to this. If I'm getting dehydrated and starting to drag I can predict like clockwork which hole I'm gonna start getting sloppy on at any given course. I walk so my level of energy gets sapped according to elevation changes and how bad the sun beams down in that area.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Amen to this. If I'm getting dehydrated and starting to drag I can predict like clockwork which hole I'm gonna start getting sloppy on at any given course. I walk so my level of energy gets sapped according to elevation changes and how bad the sun beams down in that area.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

That's it man, and you have elevation and heat on the islands.

That's it man, and you have elevation and heat on the islands.

Yep. I actually stopped walking for a while because of it. With the NUUN I could walk again though. I'm still tired after its over but I just don't "drag" as much. It gives me just enough to stay in it.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

The whole trick to this is to start before you get out on the course. Once you start to get dehydrated its too late to start hydrating again. Nuun before and keep sipping your water once you get out. If you drink two or three bottles of water (60+ oz) then you may want another Nuun in your next bottle of water.

Now I really need to get some of these, are the variety packs available in stores vs online?

Now I really need to get some of these, are the variety packs available in stores vs online?

At Runners Warehouse or Lucky Vitamin, you can buy individual tubes of whatever flavor you wish. And, it is cheaper. I had back-order issues with Lucky Vitamin, but had great service from Runners Warehouse. I haven't seen the variety packs in stores.

I'm going to hit up the few stores in my town they are listed as selling them, hopefully they'll have the variety packs, I'd like to give these a shot this weekend!

I got a variety 4 tube pack from Amazon last time I ordered some

I saw them this morning at the PGA super store and I'll pick some up later, I have to go back and pick up a couple clubs left for regripping. Looks like they had about 5 or 6 flavors.

I think you'll appreciate the benefits, Trout. Just try to look past the flavor. You'll get used to it.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I bought Grape

I went to the local running store that was listed on their site, I wanted to get them in play this weekend!!! I picked up a tube of Pink Lemonade and then on the checkout counter the kid said they just got in the all day stuff and I bought a tube of grape. I can't wait to give them both a try. Once I figure out flavors hopefully I can buy in bulk!!!
file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-3.jpg

Tried them today at the course, not impressed. I usually drink 64 oz of gatorade during a round so today I had 64 oz of fruit punch nuun. I've never had cramps during a round until today.

sent from my brain using my thumb.

Tried them today at the course, not impressed. I usually drink 64 oz of gatorade during a round so today I had 64 oz of fruit punch nuun. I've never had cramps during a round until today.

Depending on which gatorade you were drinking that could have been around 112g of sugar for the 64 oz, but with the nuun it would have been 0.

Still love and use Nuun for cycling...

I don't think I've ever gone on the offensive on this site before but this statement really just irks me terribly. The whole point behind the NUUN is the lack of sugar. Depending on rather you had G or G2 you consumed anywhere from 300 to 600 or so calories of pure sugar. Maybe you don't have to watch your waistline, heck I know I don't. The thing is that some people may have to though. Also, there are plenty of diabetics out there as well that could benefit from the product.

And to say that you had cramps for the very first time ever because of a product that replenishes electrolytes is absolutely ludicrous. I'm not saying there is no way you had cramps. However, there's absolutely no way that it was because of the product. Your statement is misleading and I would venture to say indirectly straight up false.

I by no means think that the NUUN product is a magic pill that cures all on its own. One thing I know it is not is a product that produces exactly the opposite effect of what they advertise it to do.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I don't think I've ever gone on the offensive on this site before but this statement really just irks me terribly. The whole point behind the NUUN is the lack of sugar. Depending on rather you had G or G2 you consumed anywhere from 300 to 600 or so calories of pure sugar. Maybe you don't have to watch your waistline, heck I know I don't. The thing is that some people may have to though. Also, there are plenty of diabetics out there as well that could benefit from the product.

And to say that you had cramps for the very first time ever because of a product that replenishes electrolytes is absolutely ludicrous. I'm not saying there is no way you had cramps. However, there's absolutely no way that it was because of the product. Your statement is misleading and I would venture to say indirectly straight up false.

I by no means think that the NUUN product is a magic pill that cures all on its own. One thing I know it is not is a product that produces exactly the opposite effect of what they advertise it to do.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Wow. Next time i'll keep my honest opinion to myself. I play in extremely hot, humid weather. I always drink 64 0z of gatorade during a round. Today i drank 64 oz of nuun and I had muscle cramps at the end of the round. In no way did I say that Nuun caused muscle cramps. It's obvious that it didn't provide me with ENOUGH of what my body needed to prevent cramping. That is all. I'm sorry if I offended your company in a public forum, that was not my intent and I won't post about it again.

Wow. Next time i'll keep my honest opinion to myself. I play in extremely hot, humid weather. I always drink 64 0z of gatorade during a round. Today i drank 64 oz of nuun and I had muscle cramps at the end of the round. In no way did I say that Nuun caused muscle cramps. It's obvious that it didn't provide me with ENOUGH of what my body needed to prevent cramping. That is all. I'm sorry if I offended your company in a public forum, that was not my intent and I won't post about it again.

I'm not part of anyone's company. To say you didn't like the taste and it sucked because of that is understandable. To say you noticed no difference is understandable. To say that you tried it AND got your very first set of muscle cramps that you've never had before drinking the NUUN in the same exclamation may not be saying it outright, but you know what your getting at. To say that it doesn't give you enough of what you need might possibly be true depending on what your body needs, I guess. Considering that the tablets have more electrolytes than a bottle of Gatorade I'm guessing that your body needs something else besides electrolytes to keep from cramping?

Once again I'm NOT with NUUN. Anyone on here can tell you that. I'm just a sometimes overly rational thinker that gets worked up easily sometimes.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

So the Pink Lemonade flavor was just off, I don't know what it was, but it tasted really watered down and I even used two tabs as it was a bigger water bottle. Hopefully the All Day Grape is much better. Has anyone done a poll on the favorite flavors? Could we add it to this thread?

So the Pink Lemonade flavor was just off, I don't know what it was, but it tasted really watered down and I even used two tabs as it was a bigger water bottle. Hopefully the All Day Grape is much better. Has anyone done a poll on the favorite flavors? Could we add it to this thread?

I have tried a lot of them, with the exception of Pink Lemonade (just because it wasn't a taste others seemed to like during reviews), Lemon Lime (ditto), and the Kona Cola and Tea (I don't want the caffeine on the course, even if its just a little bit). My favorite flavors, in order are.

Fruit Punch (by far)
Grape (close second, really tastes great)
Tri-Berry (in the bag right now)
Citrus
Banana (suprisingly good)
Tropical (this one was a little disappointing).

When I re-order, I am probably just going to roll with a few tubes of Fruit Punch, Grape and Banana.

Last edited:
I still use Nuun or another product that I have found everytime I play a round. No problems with cramping or deyhdration all summer, and I have played on some very hot days.

I still use Nuun or another product that I have found everytime I play a round. No problems with cramping or deyhdration all summer, and I have played on some very hot days.

Ahhh yes... GA heat. :(

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Back