Northwest Golf Get together at Chambers Bay and The Home Course

man I wish I could have gotten down there. Next time I will. Glad the weather held up for you guys!!!

What a great time today, I really enjoyed meeting everybody. Thanks to everyone who participated and thanks to DrTeeth for organizing this.

Great pics Dr. Teeth! Looks like you all had a great time. Hope everyone else posts their pics.

Really happy the weather worked out and you all had a great time.

What a great day. I want thank DrTeeth for putting this together. Everyone was so nice and we all got along great. There were some great shots made, but better than that, I think some great friends were made as well.

I have to second, with profuse thanks, Dr. Teeth for putting this together and All the THPers for their hospitality, friendship and cameraderie on the outing. The weather did more than cooperate- it actually was extremely cooperative for us.
I'll try to post pics and if not, a link to the photobucket alblum
Again, many thanks to all and I was pleased to meet you all.
DSCN0829-1.jpg

Chambers Bay from the proshop
DSCN0833.jpg

1st tee-Dr Teeth, OregonGolfer and his buddy getting ready, Tomahawk18 looking on
DSCN0837.jpg

Proshop from DOWN on the course
DSCN0839.jpg

12th green, they wereall about this 'punishing !!!
DSCN0840.jpg

Dr Teeth on 15 tee-the "Lone Fir" hole
DSCN0846.jpg

Dr Teeth hitting his second shot (on a par 5-the HomeCourse) onto the green
DSCN0847.jpg

Tomahawk and his dad on approach to the same par 5 on the Home Course

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/swampertwo/TheHackersParadise/

Last edited:
Wow....looking at these pics and the posts is just killing me that I couldn't make it over for this.
I know you guys had a blast and Dr. Teeth did a fantastic job in organizing this.
Way to go Steve !!

Wow....looking at these pics and the posts is just killing me that I couldn't make it over for this.
I know you guys had a blast and Dr. Teeth did a fantastic job in organizing this.
Way to go Steve !!

Hopefully next time Drumdog? It was a blast.

Way to go Steve !!

Hopefully next time Drumdog? It was a blast. Edit! Oops... Nice double post. Haha

Hey fellas. Don't let Tomahawks mohawk fool you. He's got crazy good game!!

Hey fellas. Don't let Tomahawks mohawk fool you. He's got crazy good game!!

Thanks Wes. You got a lot of game too! Hope we get to tee it up again soon

Nice pics, glad you guys had a blast. That 12th green is just crazy, I imagine there were several 3 putts on that one.

It wasn't just the 12th, most of the greens were crazy like that. I had more than my fair share of 3 putts. On the par 3 9th I put my 5 iron about 20 yards left and short and it rolled all the way up then across the back side of the green and left me with a 25 footer on the far right for birdie. Never seen anything like that. Most of the holes were that way, play way short and pray it still stays. That place will be crazy in the summer.

Nice pics, glad you guys had a blast. That 12th green is just crazy, I imagine there were several 3 putts on that one.

The best putt of the day was on that green. John had a 60 footer above that ridge to the right on the pic. He hit it up onto the fringe with about 25 feet of break, (basically 75 degrees away from the hole), stopped it up on the hill in the center of the pic, let it roll back off the fringe and filter to the cup. Tap in 2 putt from about 18". If he would have hit it at the hole over the ridge, there would have been no way to stop it within 10 to 15 feet. Greens like that make imagination a huge part of the game.

Great pics guys!!!! Looks like a really good time.

Thanks guys! I really had a blast aging these courses, but it was even more fun getting to know some fellow THPers better. I have to tell everyone that the guys who came down were just awesome! I had a blast talking with everyone and was thoroughly impressed by the golf shots being made. I am pretty sure I was the only internet golfer out there. I made sure there would be no doubt of my Internet golfing status when I hit my drive so poorly that it sliced over a mountain and into the fairway of the 10th hole. By the time it was all said and done, I ended up climbing a couple of mountains and hitting out of a beach or two... and that was just hole #1! :D We had a fantastic time and hope anyone who was not able to make it this time can make the next trip.

Very cool pics. The courses there are so different looking than what we have here. I'm glad to see you all had a great time. Nothing like getting to meet and play some golf with THP'rs.

Thanks guys! I really had a blast aging these courses, but it was even more fun getting to know some fellow THPers better. I have to tell everyone that the guys who came down were just awesome! I had a blast talking with everyone and was thoroughly impressed by the golf shots being made. I am pretty sure I was the only internet golfer out there. I made sure there would be no doubt of my Internet golfing status when I hit my drive so poorly that it sliced over a mountain and into the fairway of the 10th hole. By the time it was all said and done, I ended up climbing a couple of mountains and hitting out of a beach or two... and that was just hole #1! :D We had a fantastic time and hope anyone who was not able to make it this time can make the next trip.

Thanks again Teeth. You gonna post our group picture?

Great pics guys! :thumb:

Great pics!!! Looks like a great course and everyone had a great time. What THP is about!!

Here are some of the last pictures from Chambers Bay.

Our group for the Northwest Get Together. From left to right,
Wolfepaw, Wolfepaw's 2 friends, Matt (Oregon Golfer's friend), Dr. Teeth, Oregon Golfer, swampertwo, tomahawk's friend, tomahawk, tomahawk's friend, uscgwk

Oregon Golfer and swampertwo standing on the green. This was a cool hole, a huge incline and a massive waste bunker. That definitely wasn't the last bunker like that we saw.

Blue skies break as Matt is about to sink his putt.

A view out to the Sound and at Lone Fir.

Again a shot of Lone Fir. This is a par 3, 125 yards to the pin. The wind was blowing straight into our faces. I hit a solid 8 iron (my 155 club) and ended up on the front edge of the green. Should have hit my 7 iron, that would be a 3-4 club wind! I was crazy to see the hang time my ball had. I think it may have started to travel backwards :D I guess it was just trying to get me ready for WPB.

Oregon Golfer on the green. What a beautiful day!

More of the beautiful day it turned out to be. At least for most of the round.

Another huge waste bunker!

16th hole. Just a beautiful set up!

Thanks again for everyone who came! This was awesome!

PS I have one more thing to post. A video of tomahawk hitting a sweet bunker shot while under a ton of pressure.

Last edited:
Nice pics Teeth and Swamp. Great Day. Nice to meet all of you guys. Let's do it again. :D

Great pics. I still keep thinking about the great time we had.

Back