Nike Adds MachSpeed Hybrids

Great pic tc, that is a cool head cover. I've never hit one of these, but they look pretty sweet.

Great pic tc, that is a cool head cover. I've never hit one of these, but they look pretty sweet.

thanks duey! it's very sweet, the headcover clasps around the shaft with built in magnets. you should give one a go sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised.

you been out hitting lately? i hope you've seen the last of these gnarly wintery days.

thanks duey! it's very sweet, the headcover clasps around the shaft with built in magnets. you should give one a go sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised.

you been out hitting lately? i hope you've seen the last of these gnarly wintery days.

Not yet, their calling for snow tomorrow, but only like an inch or so. We should be out by next week or the one after, I hope.

I did hit at the Golf USA sim a couple days ago, should have given that a try. My numbers were awfull.

kevin, i noticed you updated your sig with this bad boy in the bag. what are your thoughts so far?

Love it so far. For some reason I hit the DST really well in the net but terrible on the range. This seems easier to hit to me and even hotter off the face. Will get more range time this weekend! The irons are next.

Love it so far. For some reason I hit the DST really well in the net but terrible on the range. This seems easier to hit to me and even hotter off the face. Will get more range time this weekend! The irons are next.

REALLY? that says a lot about those irons. i would agree about this hybrid. i went through a pretty extensive demo session with a lot of hybrids last month and the nike took the cake for me. do you find that the "easier" you swing the better results you get. i feel like i can just smooth the machspeed much more than i need to "get on it" with other hybrids.

REALLY? that says a lot about those irons. i would agree about this hybrid. i went through a pretty extensive demo session with a lot of hybrids last month and the nike took the cake for me. do you find that the "easier" you swing the better results you get. i feel like i can just smooth the machspeed much more than i need to "get on it" with other hybrids.

The irons are fantastic too. I wrote off the Nikes for some reason. Boy was that a big mistake. I find it to be a very smooth swinging club. I didnt have as much time as Id like on the mat since it was crowded. But this weekend I will for sure. I cant wait.

The irons are fantastic too. I wrote off the Nikes for some reason. Boy was that a big mistake. I find it to be a very smooth swinging club. I didnt have as much time as Id like on the mat since it was crowded. But this weekend I will for sure. I cant wait.

well keep me posted. i'm intrigued to see how it works out for you. i've yet to take mine on the course but have had a couple of range sessions with it. probably the easierst hybrid to hit off the deck with, as was the sq2 though.

Here's a shot with the headcover on. The headcover in itself is fantastic.

Golf014.jpg

Great review there Mr. Calloway!! Sounds like a solid club for sure...

Hmmmmmm that headcover though looks kind of like a Cobra ready to strike :D

No you didnt! haha

:nono:

get out of here with that blasphemy! it does look a bit like the cobra but believe me, this stick would put that snake in hibernation.

get out of here with that blasphemy! it does look a bit like the cobra but believe me, this stick would put that snake in hibernation.

You got that right. The two are not even close.

Who's your Daddy?

Who's your Daddy?

Well all I got to say about that is I'm going to let Calloway feel the sting of the Cobra bite in Blairsville :D JB will have to wait another year :bananadance:

Well all I got to say about that is I'm going to let Calloway feel the sting of the Cobra bite in Blairsville :D JB will have to wait another year :bananadance:

JB has them sitting here and side by side, you will truly see the blue of MachSpeed. Not really a fair argument though. Most of us are just goign with what works and you are brand loyal. Nothing wrong with either, but lets face it, if two were even close you would choose them everytime and try to find a way to fix it and make it work.

JB has them sitting here and side by side, you will truly see the blue of MachSpeed. Not really a fair argument though. Most of us are just goign with what works and you are brand loyal. Nothing wrong with either, but lets face it, if two were even close you would choose them everytime and try to find a way to fix it and make it work.

Yep you know old Gray too well :D It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks with new sticks :bananadance:

Yep you know old Gray too well :D It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks with new sticks :bananadance:

Nothing wrong with that if they are working for you, right? Keep at it, if you love them.

Glad to see that so many are liking the new MachSpeed as well.

LOL!!! that was good old gray. i'm still laughin'. i know you're a cobra guy and i think it's great. you'd take those snakes out and probably take $$$$ from more than a handful.

Hybrids

Hybrids

I would not be opposed to trying the MachSpeed Hybrids. I'm just glad to see more golfers trying the Nike or whatever brand hybrids instead of hanging with a 2 or 3 iron just because it's cool. Your MachSpeed is a 2 iron correct?
Does Nike make a 1 iron hybrid?

I would not be opposed to trying the MachSpeed Hybrids. I'm just glad to see more golfers trying the Nike or whatever brand hybrids instead of hanging with a 2 or 3 iron just because it's cool. Your MachSpeed is a 2 iron correct?
Does Nike make a 1 iron hybrid?

yeah, mine's a hybrid 2 (18*). i'm not sure if they have a 1 iron hybrid or not. the bafflers are great hybrids, i just like the square head in the hybrid, don't know why, it just works for me.

Nike Hybrids

Nike Hybrids

Square looking? Hmmmmmm would you say they look like the Adams Boxer hybrids? I just could not get the feel for those... I know the boxer's were super for many but just looked awkward to me ..

Square looking? Hmmmmmm would you say they look like the Adams Boxer hybrids? I just could not get the feel for those... I know the boxer's were super for many but just looked awkward to me ..

i wouldn't say that they look like those. it's not a huge square by any means, it's shallower to me. you just need to hit it man. everything about it just feels right and effortless.

This has been a pleasant thread to read through.

Nice to hear some great things about the Machspeed hybrids. The WHOLE Machspeed line itself from Nike is the real deal.

The endless positive things being said about the whole line is great to see and it speaks volumes for the quality of equipment being put out by Nike.

I've felt that way for a few years now, and I used to get laughed at, along w/ some dirty looks.

I'm doing the laughing now.

Not everything has to be a "us against them" thing. Every company out there is making great equipment now. I believe that the MachSpeed is a great line. I also believe that the VR was/is a great line as well. But I am one that felt as though that the previous version was not all that great.

Its wonderful to see a company put out great equipment, it leads to more choices for more people.

Last edited:
while i agree with you JB about the VR line of irons and drivers i just can't stand to look at that hybrid. the predominantly silver crown is just off putting to me. i'm sure it performs fine but based on looks, i'd never want it. i wonder why they went with that color?

had a good range session this afternoon and the machspeed continues to impress. i could see this stick in the bag for a while.

Back