Niblick Unboxing & Thread

That is certainly what it looks like Rhino. I will just have to see how it works and evaluate whether I really need one.

Well I think the 42 is great around the greens once you get used to it. You can run it off if you dont practice with it and dial it in but I like mine. I havent had a chance to use the 56 yet since the weather went bad. But I cant wait to start practicing with it.

I have a 42 and a 56 as well. I went out and bought the 56 based on JB's review and have since stopped carrying the 42. The upside for the 42 was it worked much better in rescue situations but I can use a hybrid for my errant drives. The 56 is great out of the sand and you can chip with it by delofting. The 56 is very versatile and I have started using it for shorts that I used to use my 42, SW and LW.

I have a 42 and a 56 as well. I went out and bought the 56 based on JB's review and have since stopped carrying the 42. The upside for the 42 was it worked much better in rescue situations but I can use a hybrid for my errant drives. The 56 is great out of the sand and you can chip with it by delofting. The 56 is very versatile and I have started using it for shorts that I used to use my 42, SW and LW.

I like havin both in my bag. Got rid of my LW, SW and GW and I dont miss them

Just practiced with my 49* Niblick today for the first time. Once I dialed in, boy, anything around the fringe is a (almost) guaranteed one-putt, and pitches stop on a dime.:banana:

Question for all you Niblick users... what do you think of opening the face up and trying flop shots? I was attempting to do this, with mixed results. The sole of the club doesnt allow the face to open too much, but I was able to hit a few decent looking flop shots...

Not sure that would work well, but I can do it slightly with the 56*. Not the extreme flop mind you, but a regular high launch with no roll out that goes about 8-10 yards.

Right, something only good from about 10-15 yards that wont roll out. However, could probably still stick with my 58* opened up a bit...

With the design of the Niblicks it just doesnt seem like they would really work too well for the true flop shot. I'll probably still carry my 58* CG14 for that.

Must be loss in the snow

Must be loss in the snow

I ordered my 56 Niblick on January 3rd from a PGA Super store. I'm hoping it will arrive by this weekend. The extreme cold we are having here in Central Georgia may delay my play. Nahhhhhhhhhh we got cart covers and proplane heaters :eek:)... Unless it snows or ices over here Friday a.m. I will be heading out Saturday.

56 on the way today :eek:)

56 on the way today :eek:)

I just received confirmation my new Nibick 56 degree will be arriving today!
I believe the snow dogs have made it down through the North Ga hills and will be sliding into my driveway sometime this afternoon. I honestly think our friend Calloway, kidnapped the dogs so he could try it out and that's the reason it's late arriving.... It's going to be in the mid 50's temp wise here tomorrow, guess where I will be? :banana: ....... Hey 50 something degrees will feel like a heatwave :eek:)

I was in the PGA SS yesterday and noticed something interesting in the pre-owned club section. Several people had recently traded in their 42* Niblicks. I counted three in the section which cause me to wonder if other were ahving problems with the 42 or perhaps they just traded them in for the 56 when it came out a little while ago. I just found that interesting. They had some great deals on the use 42's...$89 with an additional 20% off.

I used to try and read things into the used section of club stores...I gave up though...my opinion is that some clubs get alot of buzz...not all clubs work for all people but the hot selling ones generally do work for alot of people...by virtue of being hot selling, there are alot in circulation and consequently there is a percentage who didn't find magic in the club and turned it is..

I don't think that guys who bagged a 42* would dump it for the 56"...JMHO...

I don't think that guys who bagged a 42* would dump it for the 56"...JMHO...

You may be right for many. But I did that exact thing. Traded out a 42* for the 56*.

I've been playing with the 37 degree for a while and I love it, but I can't get the hang of the 56. I end up hitting it thin about half the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still keep both in the bag... not completely "friends" with the 56* yet.. i needs some work still

I ordered the 49, I hope it helps my chipping issues. I liked the 42, but the run out, for me, was inconsistent. I loved it from the fairway, and I am hoping this will replace my 52 wedge.

This puppy might bark :eek:)

This puppy might bark :eek:)

I just unboxed the Cleveland Niblick 56 when I got home off the bus today. Man this thing looks like a lethal weapon :eek:).... I love to practice my short game so I think this little dude will be a butt kicker down the road. It just looks like it will bite pretty good. Those old country boys at my course will be frowning again when I take the skins :eek:)

Bonding Time

Bonding Time

It took me a few rounds to bond with my 42 degree. The 56 hit the brakes so hard that it will take a few rounds to get the landing zone down right. Man this thing checks up quick!!! I played terrible golf today in general but I hit a few cute chips with my new 56.. No skin winner yet but, hey, I am going to bond with this thing. I absolutely love my Cobra UFI sand wedge so this new dawg will have to earn it's playing time. Enuff said :eek:)....... Let the warm weather come and the practice time begin!!!!!

I had the same thing during testing. The nice high ball it produces is something special for those that need a little assistance in trouble areas around the green.

Getting Better

Getting Better

I went out today and played with the Senior Champ at my golf course. We play alot together on the weekend. Next year I will be playing in his division as I will turn 60 this November 2010. We played just nine holes but worked alot on wedge shots and such. We hit several shots from closeup, 60 yards in etc. He absolutely went nuts about my new Niblick 56! After watching me hit it, he had to try it out. Needless to say I am starting to get the feel of this club and my partner is envious and wanting one :eek:)

All Im going to say is Im jealous. My 56* is still brand new and smirking at me.

Worth the wait

Worth the wait

I think it will be a pleasant surprise for ya :eek:) I really do feel sorry for all you snowbound folks! The weather here has been nasty enough but I can not imagine what you are dealing with. We got up to mid 50's today and it felt actually pretty darn good. Tomorrow will be in the 60's :banana:

Last edited:
I'm in love!

I'm in love!

With my Niblick 49. Just finished my 6th practice session with it today. Man, chipping from the fringe within 20 paces of the cup consistantly yielded me a putt from within a few feet, and even 3 holed balls! Didnt hit even one ball thin. JB's right about this, you can stop concentrating on hitting the ball right, and focus more on getting the ball in the hole.

Pitching from 40-50 yds usually resulted in a two bouncer with another 10 feet of roll (from range balls). It's the 20-40yd pitch/chip I'm having trouble with. Any recommendations for setup/swing? Always seems to come in too low, even if I set the ball up forward in my stance. This results in a 2 bouncer with much more than 10 feet of roll. :angry:

I can't wait 'til I can practice with the 42°.

It's the 20-40yd pitch/chip I'm having trouble with. Any recommendations...? :

Yes, just buy the 56*...you know you want it. :clapp:

Back