Niblick Unboxing & Thread

Cant.... afford.... must.... resist.... AHHHH!!!!! :banghead:

I thank the 56 will be a pure delight for those little 20 to 40 yard pitches. Just put it on the back foot, (DO NOT DECELERATE -- my spelling might be off a bit) aim a bit left of the pin and hit that sucker up tight and close for a tap in.....

I thank the 56 will be a pure delight for those little 20 to 40 yard pitches. Just put it on the back foot, (DO NOT DECELERATE -- my spelling might be off a bit) aim a bit left of the pin and hit that sucker up tight and close for a tap in.....

You are right. I finally got to hit my 56* yesterday at the range and its so easy to hit. Just pops right up with little effort. And yes you have to turn your hips through it a little and thats it. I was hitting my 42* dead on at 100 yards too. Just little easy shots.

Every time I stop in a golf store I look for a Niblick and they never have one for a lefty. I would love to try one and probably will when I get to a bigger city.

Cant say Ive ever seen a lefty one either. They hardly have any at all actually. Usuall its two or three and thats it.

Every time I stop in a golf store I look for a Niblick and they never have one for a lefty. I would love to try one and probably will when I get to a bigger city.

The 42* and the 56* are available LH. Hopefully you can find one to try out. It has worked well for me.

I can't say I have seen one either, but then again I am not looking in the left handed clubs. Do you want to swing it a couple of times ot purchase one and try it? I can look and see and send it if interested.

The 42* and the 56* are available LH. Hopefully you can find one to try out. It has worked well for me.

yeah, i keep my eye out for them. I think that i'm just in too small of a market. one of the reasons that i want to try them is b/c of your stance on them. yeah, they might not be a forged wedge, but if it works, and works consistently then why not? i don't understand why some people will not even try something just b/c it doesn't fit in a "players" category. i want shorter putts and i would assume everyone would.

I can't say I have seen one either, but then again I am not looking in the left handed clubs. Do you want to swing it a couple of times ot purchase one and try it? I can look and see and send it if interested.

i'm typically not one who buys something to try it out. I like to put my hands on it and see if it's something that will work before i purchase. Thanks for asking to look around for me. If you happen to come across the 56* let me know for sure.

God, i love this place.

Thank you for the kind words, and yes it does work for my game. It is not for everybody, but trying things makes all the fun. Ironically the 2 biggest used wedges on tour are not forged either (Vokey and Cleveland), so that is more about the process than the player type. But that is for another discussion.

Good luck on your search and let us know if you get to try them and what your thoughts are.

i'm typically not one who buys something to try it out. I like to put my hands on it and see if it's something that will work before i purchase. Thanks for asking to look around for me. If you happen to come across the 56* let me know for sure.

God, i love this place.

I kind of figured that was what you meant, but thought I would ask just to be sure. :D

Niblick loft preferences clear yet?

Niblick loft preferences clear yet?

From what I have read on this site, it seems the most popular lofts for the Cleveland Niblick are: (Listed in order of perceived popularity)

#1 - Original 42*
#2 - New 56*
#3 - New 49*
#4 - Original 37*

Is this order pretty much the general consensus of the Forum? If you would list them differently which is your favorite and why?

:angel:

My favorite is the 56* because I think it is the most versatile. Followed by the 42*.

From what I have read on this site, it seems the most popular lofts for the Cleveland Niblick are: (Listed in order of perceived popularity)

#1 - Original 42*
#2 - New 56*
#3 - New 49*
#4 - Original 37*

Is this order pretty much the general consensus of the Forum? If you would list them differently which is your favorite and why?

:angel:

I would think it's a bit hard to call a favorite at this point. The 42* came out first, during the playing season, and was an immediate hit. The 49* and 56* didn't come out in time for a lot of us to really try on the course, so for me I couldn't see picking one up until the season started.

As much as I love my 42* I would think the others would find a spot for many people, but I have a hard time thinking I could take my 56* Cleveland CG14 out for anything other than a new CG15, lol. They are so versitile with the blade open or closed. I will likely keep the 42*, (possibly replacing my 9 iron) and keep my CG14 56*, then start testing the CG15's to see what fills the voids.

My favorite is the 56* because I think it is the most versatile. Followed by the 42*.

That is what I have found also. I don't think I could do without either one now.

I would say 56* then the 42*. I have not yet tried the 49. I did not keep my 37* very long at all.

Niblicks -- Finger licking good :eek:)

Niblicks -- Finger licking good :eek:)

1. 56
2. 42

The 42 was my first Niblick. Just a quick date with the 42 and she had me :eek:). I knew being a club ho the 56 would take me down real easy. I love her now. Both are in the bag. My lob wedge is sitting out in my spare bag until warm dry weather.

Personally I think Cleveland should create a 5 - SW set of Niblicks :eek:)... Hmmmm Just think of all the club ho's out there drooling :eek:)....

Great feedback on your favorite Niblick guys....

Great feedback on your favorite Niblick guys....

If there is anyone out there who prefers the Niblick 49* or 37* lofts we would love to hear from you...

:blob:

1. 56
2. 42

The 42 was my first Niblick. Just a quick date with the 42 and she had me :eek:). I knew being a club ho the 56 would take me down real easy. I love her now. Both are in the bag. My lob wedge is sitting out in my spare bag until warm dry weather.

Personally I think Cleveland should create a 5 - SW set of Niblicks :eek:)... Hmmmm Just think of all the club ho's out there drooling :eek:)....

I think I would at least check that set out :D

Maybe I am fighting it but I cant get the 56* like I can the 42. I will keep at it though

If there is anyone out there who prefers the Niblick 49* or 37* lofts we would love to hear from you...

:blob:

I have a 42° that I really haven't got to try out yet (it kinda just showed up!) but my wife eyeballed it and really wants it too! So I'm probably going to get a 49° in the spring.

She likes the Adams chipper we got last summer and it's been in her bag since but from the reviews, I think she'd do better with the Niblick. We'll probably share it.

I chose the 49* because I wanted to replace my 52* wedge rather than a 9iron like the 42* would have replaced. From approach, I'm sure all the niblicks work equally well from their respective distances. Its around the green that matters. For the most part, I'm very happy with the loft that the 49 gives me, and sometimes wonder if the 42 wouldnt give you enough loft to stop the ball softly. Sometimes, around elevated greens and such, I wish I had slightly more loft (like the 56), and end up having to use my 58* wedge instead. I find the 49 gives me a good loft for forward press chipping.

The 56 is the next club I have my eye on, as the 49 niblick, 56 niblick, and 58 wedge would give me good distance incriments.

With the 42* in my bag now, I'm not too sure I'd see a benefit in having the 49*, but that's yet to be tested. I see very little need in a 37* or 56* for my game.

One concern I have with the Niblick 56* is...

One concern I have with the Niblick 56* is...

The 14* of bounce on the Niblick 56* seems a bit much for me. I am sure it works well for fluffy sand trap shots but that wouldn't likely be my primary use for the club. Seems to me it could be difficult to hit soft shots from tight fairway lies that much bounce on the sole....

Any thoughts? Guess I need more input from those who have a 56* already!

:golf:

Last edited:
The 14* of bounce on the Niblick 56* seems a bit much for me. I am sure it works well for fluffy sand trap shots but that wouldn't likely be my primary use for the club. Seems to me it could be difficult to hit soft shots from tight fairway lies that much bounce on the sole....

Any thoughts? Guess I need more input from those who have a 56* already!

:golf:

I actually found the tight fairways extremely easy. The weighting of the club helps tremendously and the leading edge works extremely well on the fairway.

Back