NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on the Twittah today so I missed it. I did see someone holding up a t-shirt that said "I Hate Sidney Crosby" as Crosby skated into the penalty box. I thought that was pretty stupid, but eh, it's a battle I guess. I guess as a fan, I am programmed a little differently than some. I can honestly say, I don't hate Toews, Kane, Sharp, Keith or any of the Blackhawks. I hope we beat them, yes, but I don't hate them or want them to get injured.

And that's what it comed down to. I've heard so many Flyers fans talk about how they hate Crosby or even want him to get hurt. A bunch of Pens fans do it too about some Flyers, but not nearly the same as Flyers fans do to Crosby. It's sort of disgusting. I don't hate any of the Flyers and certainly don't want them to get hurt.

And that's what it comed down to. I've heard so many Flyers fans talk about how they hate Crosby or even want him to get hurt. A bunch of Pens fans do it too about some Flyers, but not nearly the same as Flyers fans do to Crosby. It's sort of disgusting. I don't hate any of the Flyers and certainly don't want them to get hurt.

Oh, it goes on across all the sports, across all the rivalries. As a fan Pats, I hear it all the time, "I just wish someone would end Brady's career". I think it's pretty juvenile and makes you look like an idiot, IMO. Me personally, I would rather my Blues beat the Hawks with the whole cast, or beat the Wings with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen and the whole team, than beat them without their star players.

Oh, it goes on across all the sports, across all the rivalries. As a fan Pats, I hear it all the time, "I just wish someone would end Brady's career". I think it's pretty juvenile and makes you look like an idiot, IMO. Me personally, I would rather my Blues beat the Hawks with the whole cast, or beat the Wings with Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen and the whole team, than beat them without their star players.

Yessir. Even in this thread today, one of the Flyers fans (I can't remember who) said that they wish someone would end Crosby's career. That's just horrible. And stupid IMO.

I am not so naive to believe that it doesn't go on with fans of my teams, and they are just as wrong for doing it as fans of the other teams. I just can't get behind it. Unless a player is going out of his way to behave like a jackass, I am not going to go out of my way to root against him or wish for bodily harm. I couldn't imagine showing up to Busch Stadium in the 60's and holding a sign that said "I hate Ernie Banks".

Wow. You know those things that you read from forum members that makes you truly shake your head, and change the way you read their posts forever...? i think this was one of them.

You have gone unbelievably far, even for a broad street bullies fan. How can a human being with a conscious actually wish hurt on someone to the point that it ruins their career and their passion for everything they have poured their heart and soul into, for good? Crosby has always been the hardest working person on and off the ice, in practice, in games, in sessions. Youve got your childish thoughts about the PA rivalry, fine. Youve had your fairshare of heartbreak in the past and present, fine. But wishing the worst on potentially the greatest of all time is absolutely sick as a human being. You are a joke of a hockey fan.

Bunch of babies the Pens are. If we can't beat them, let's try to beat them up! Crosby is a classless b!tch! Hope someone ends his career today!

I couldn't bring myself to watch Albert in his Angels uniform just yet, so I just flipped on the Panthers/Devils game. I don't know why, but I kind of like these oddball playoff match ups. Weiss just put Florida up 2 - 0.

They replayed the Asham penalty, definitely didn't hit him in the throat like Shenn acted like he did.

It looked like it slid up and there's still barely any padding where he got cross checked.

Wow. You know those things that you read from forum members that makes you truly shake your head, and change the way you read their posts forever...? i think this was one of them.

You have gone unbelievably far, even for a broad street bullies fan. How can a human being with a conscious actually wish hurt on someone to the point that it ruins their career and their passion for everything they have poured their heart and soul into, for good? Crosby has always been the hardest working person on and off the ice, in practice, in games, in sessions. Youve got your childish thoughts about the PA rivalry, fine. Youve had your fairshare of heartbreak in the past and present, fine. But wishing the worst on potentially the greatest of all time is absolutely sick as a human being. You are a joke of a hockey fan.

Hardest working of all time? Or just the current penguins cause I don't think that's true. Jagr works 10 times as hard as Crosby now and he's old as dirt. As far as wanting Crosby to get hurt. Not so much. I want him to take hit after hit for years to come and as much as I hate him he's good for the game. I just really think he gets away with so much. He's got skills but today he didn't show much class. As the "face of the NHL" it was pretty embarrassing if you ask me. but I know my opinion doesn't matter cause I'm a die hard Flyers fan.

LOL @ the penguins. I just saw the highlights (fights) and it was awesomemm

Wow, I do enjoy the Flyers (mostly because my Wild have been chumps the last few seasons - tough to be a Minnesota sports fan) but this sport gets to people apparently. Never have I heard of someone wishing harm on a player since the Saints' bounty scandal. It's a game people. Calm the F down.

We need someone that despises both teams to be the mediator here. LOL.

Lol, as a Rangers fans who has gone to away games in both cities all I can say is they are both better than New Jersey. I am banned from the Prudential Center though haha.

Lol, as a Rangers fans who has gone to away games in both cities all I can say is they are both better than New Jersey. I am banned from the Prudential Center though haha.

The Devils may be too, if they keep playing like they are now. 3-0 Panthers.

The Rock has never been that bad. I go to games there a bunch.

Yessir. Even in this thread today, one of the Flyers fans (I can't remember who) said that they wish someone would end Crosby's career. That's just horrible. And stupid IMO.

That was me. But you know typical Philadelphia fan right! I admit it! I hate Sidney Crosby. IMO, I think he's not what hockey is! He's a........I can't find the word for it but just don't like how he does sh!t behind the refs backs and then cries and dives as soon as he is checked or hit hard! Hockey is rough! If you don't like the physical contact, take up tennis or something else! There is no room in the NHL for primadonnas!

I really hope we do something with Fleury or Bylsma. Fleury just hasn't been the same for us these past few years.

Heck yeah!! Fire one and trade the other!! I'd love to have both of them in Cbus! hahaha

Be that as it may Thain!

I'm not trying to make things worse, but I just saw replays of Asham's crap, and Neal charging (and jumping) into a guy without the puck, and then attempting to hit Giroux in the head in a charging motion..

What the heck is the deal with these guys? I have seen a lot of Pitt games this year and I've not seen them play like this. Hair pulling?!

Hagelin gets 3 games for his elbow but Carkner only gets one for jumping Boyle? What's Shanny smoking?

I'm not trying to make things worse, but I just saw replays of Asham's crap, and Neal charging (and jumping) into a guy without the puck, and then attempting to hit Giroux in the head in a charging motion..

What the heck is the deal with these guys? I have seen a lot of Pitt games this year and I've not seen them play like this. Hair pulling?!

There isn't any respect in the league. In last nights Blues/Sharks game, Andy McDonald had his body turned, up against the boards, and Galiardi leaves his feet, jamming McDonald's head into the glass about knocking McDonald's head into the mezzanine section. Knowing McDonald has had a history of concussions over the last year. That is why the game got chippy between the two and Polak and a few others laid some beat downs after the game. I just saw that Carkner was suspended for 1 freaking game for punching a guy 7 times as he lays in the fetal position on the ice. The league needs to do a better job, especially in these playoffs.

Ilya lights the lamp. Devils score two in about a minute. 3-2 Panthers with 17:55 left in the third.

Hagelin gets 3 games for his elbow but Carkner only gets one for jumping Boyle? What's Shanny smoking?

Was that seriously the ruling on Carkner? That's unfreaking real. A goony player sucker punching a guy countless times only gets 1 game.. Shanaban is out of his mind.

A. The Flyers suck.

B. The Flyers always will suck.

C. Scott Hartnell once bit Kris Letang. Bit him.

D. The Flyers still suck.

27535_115109448530306_7005_n.jpg

Was that seriously the ruling on Carkner? That's unfreaking real. A goony player sucker punching a guy countless times only gets 1 game.. Shanaban is out of his mind.

Yep. 1 game. For that. Simply unreal.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Shanny is nuts.

The Devils are probably going to win this game. Sad, though I never really thought Fla had a chance in this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back