CONTEST My Edel Putter Fitting

@Bus I look forward to your thoughts on new putter. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do my EAS.
I can't wait. Next few rounds before I get it are going to be sad, but at least I'll have an excuse for any putts I miss.

Touring Purple will be bringing the flatstick heat, may have to figure out how to get in on this! 🤣

You're all in big trouble.
Bring It On Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

@Bus what was the most surprising thing you found out about you and your putting style that the Array fitting resolved or helped with?

@Bus what was the most surprising thing you found out about you and your putting style that the Array fitting resolved or helped with?
I don't know that it necessarily resolved a problem, but I would have never guessed I'd be put into a standard lie angle. I've putted with a very upright putter for a long time. Will be curious to see how it affects my putting. Was also really surprised hour much I could feel the weight differences when he would change the weights.

I can't wait. Next few rounds before I get it are going to be sad, but at least I'll have an excuse for any putts I miss.
Only for a little while. What’s current lead time on orders

I don't know that it necessarily resolved a problem, but I would have never guessed I'd be put into a standard lie angle. I've putted with a very upright putter for a long time. Will be curious to see how it affects my putting. Was also really surprised hour much I could feel the weight differences when he would change the weights.
I said the same thing to my fitter regarding the weights. Just a small change made such a huge difference and surprisingly very noticeable.

I only took one picture, but am supposed to be getting more info from the fitting, so will update when I get that. But in the meantime, figured I'd go through the experience.

View attachment 9252689

We started off talking about what I was wanting from the fitting, any problems I was having, heads I like the look of, shapes I have used in the past, etc. One thing I loved about the fitting was that he let me guide it in some ways (i.e. if I asked about something, we'd try it) but steered it to where I was getting what fit, not what I liked necessarily. Pretty much every time we tried something, it reinforced that he knew what he's doing and I don't!

Next, he had me set up on a putting mirror to check length. Everything looked exactly like he wanted with the 35", so that part was real quick.

2nd step was using the lazer to pick a head shape. I had mentioned liking the looks of the F-1, so we started with that. It wasn't bad, but my aim with it was a little left (I think? could have been right) so he put me in the F-3 and it was dead center. Tried a couple different alignment plates, but the blank one was so perfect we didn't try many. Tried the other 2 heads for s***s and giggles, but the F-3 with the blank plate was far and away the best for me. He then had me try each of the hosels in the F-3 to see if it changed anything. It didn't which he said is usually the case, but he's had a couple outliers so always checks.

Next, he put something on the butt of the club and had me roll a bunch of 6ft putts to check face angle. He said I had a nice, consistent stroke and was squaring the club face other than being a half degree open a couple times so he was happy with where it was.

To fit the weight, he set up a string laid across in front of the cup, and had me hit 15 ft or so putts trying to die it on the string. First one I put all 3 balls on top of it, so we played around with some different weights after this, but settled on whatever weight it was (don't remember).

He then just had me roll a bunch more putts from the same spot to see how it was working. I struggled a little with speed control, so he started playing with the weights again and got me dialed with the 20g weights. It was crazy to me how much I could feel the difference in weight, and knew after one putt with it that it was right, but we rolled more to confirm.

One more thing, I LOVE the standard grip they use.

Overall was a great experience, I think I will probably go back for a driver fitting before too long, as replacing that is long overdue as well.

F-3
380g (20g weights)
35" length
70* lie angle (standard)
Edel Dual Layer Flat Standard grip
Single Bend Hosel
Blank alignment plate

If you've made it this far, thanks for following along. I'll go through the entries and find a winner and send the prize pack out as soon as I get my Edel swag.
It’s nice to know that the fitting experiences are consistent. The fitters will guide you but at the same time nothing is off the table as there are outliers

Hopefully Scotty doesn't just run away with it at least.

I thought the "Coop" on Jaeger's shirt was Edel at first.

I just wrapped an 11 mile bike ride… sitting on my butt watching the rest of this. Let’s go Tosti.

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
Sounds good

With that case, we have a 5 way tie. Each of you will get one of the players currently tied for the lead at the Houston open. Whoever's golfer wins, they win.

@JohnSinVA - Jager
@Wonger - Scheffler
@Doubleb21 - Detry
@odom730 - Skinns
@Coloradomrg - Tosti

ETA: If none of them win, highest finish. Tie for highest finish goes to coin flip.
Going to have an interesting finish here!

Drama… make this more fun!

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
Back