Most Nervous You've Been for a Round

Easily the most nervous I've ever been on the first tee shot was my round at The Old Course. Standing outside in the singles queue and getting into the first tee time of the day had the adrenaline pumping. Stepping onto the tee with no sleep, no warmup, the heart racing, and being the person to kick off the golf for the day was terrifying. I chunked the crap out of it and it only went about 50yards in front of me. Luckily I hit an absolute rocket on my second and the caddy said "shoulda done that one first mate." That got the nerves out of the way and the rest of the round was great.

First tee of the 2023 Morgan Cup. Easily the most nervous I've been playing golf. I was so tense it felt like I pulled damn near every muscle in my body after that first swing. lol

The first Quest Cup in Alabama. First time flying with my clubs, first time playing down in the US, first time for a lot of things and I was nervous as hell. I was happy to have a hell of a group of guys to round out the foursome @Pops @brians @Nerdy

missyou GIF

First tee of the 2023 Morgan Cup. Easily the most nervous I've been playing golf. I was so tense it felt like I pulled damn near every muscle in my body after that first swing. lol
The pressure is real

I was most nervous for my first tee shot at my first thp event back in 2014. I was the first in the event to see off so there were around 30 thpers standing around the tee box. I forgot to take a ball up there with me lol

I would say my singles match against @OldandStiff at the Morgan Cup last year. I had never played with anyone that good, let alone against.

I was also pretty damn nervous back at the first Gauntlet. Being on @Ethanator's team and playing alt shot with him was nerve racking as i just didnt want to let him down.
Nervous huh? Yeahhh, not buying that. #He'sAKiller 😜

Honestly though that's beauty of all of this stuff. The Experiences, the matches against people you've never met, the forum following along.. Everyone feels it and it's special. 👊🏻

Last edited:
1st tee 2018 Morgan Cup without a doubt!

I was really nervous for the first round of the Budget Championship last year. It was my first time playing where there was something on the line. I don’t care about playing bad but didn’t want to let my partner down

I was in first place to win the season long net championship for my big money league. This was probably around 2018 or so, early in my competition journey. There was $2000 on the line for the winner for just the season plus the event win was another like $200. If I won this event I win but 4 other people were in the same boat. I led after the first day and got the last tee time with the 2 gross leaders and the guy in 2nd net. I ended up in 3rd net overall, still a nice pay day, but have never been close to the top again.

It was the most nervous I had been to play golf but it was a good teaching moment as I have won single round tournaments, some team events, and other things after that. It taught me how to not let me nerves get too high. Of course I nervous out there but I can get a ball in play and snap out of it now.

By far being the first team off the tee at the 2020 Morgan Cup while live streaming for everyone to see.
This was the most nervous I have been for a round also, and it didn’t let up for most of the round. The most nerve-wracking shot was to the island green in Idaho with people filming

The one I remember most was my freshman year of high school. I made the varsity golf team. The only freshman with 2 seniors and 2 junior’s. First match, the 2 seniors got up in my face and threatened to beat the crap out of me if I didn’t play well. After averaging 37-38 for 9 holes leading up to the first match, I choked and shot 45. I didn’t get beat up, but I lost my spot on the varsity and didn’t get back on again until I was a junior. I’d been playing in junior tournaments for a few years before that first match with the golf team and never got nervous before then, but I have been anxious in tournaments ever since.

Last edited:
The first time I was in a league, and was playing for the league championship, I had nerves on the first 2 holes, but finally settled down.

The first tee shot of the Grandaddy, I don't think I could feel the club (luckily piped one down the fairway though lol).

Most nervous - About 10 years ago, made it to the finals in a member-guest shoot out. With a lot of people watching, I chunked a full swing 60* wedge and we ended up as runners up. I rarely swing a full swing 60* any more... And subsequently won a member-guest shoot out so feel redeemed, thankfully.

Easily the most nervous I've ever been on the first tee shot was my round at The Old Course. Standing outside in the singles queue and getting into the first tee time of the day had the adrenaline pumping. Stepping onto the tee with no sleep, no warmup, the heart racing, and being the person to kick off the golf for the day was terrifying. I chunked the crap out of it and it only went about 50yards in front of me. Luckily I hit an absolute rocket on my second and the caddy said "shoulda done that one first mate." That got the nerves out of the way and the rest of the round was great.
Even though it's the biggest fairway you can imagine, it was a nervy shot for me too.

Most nervous - About 10 years ago, made it to the finals in a member-guest shoot out. With a lot of people watching, I chunked a full swing 60* wedge and we ended up as runners up. I rarely swing a full swing 60* any more... And subsequently won a member-guest shoot out so feel redeemed, thankfully.
Member guest shoot outs can be a whirlwind

One of the clubs I worked at did a chip off and we saw more blades and chili dips than solid contact

I got up and ripped a slight fade with a driver right down the middle past the walkway and short of the burn. The group I joined were all shocked that I hit a driver but I just knew I could play a fade and smooth a driver in play. It was awesome. Now I don't remember anything after that until I got to hole 17 and 18. :ROFLMAO:

Member guest shoot outs can be a whirlwind

One of the clubs I worked at did a chip off and we saw more blades and chili dips than solid contact
Alternate shot, shoot out - gets that blood pumping!!!

This was the most nervous I have been for a round also, and it didn’t let up for most of the round. The most nerve-wracking shot was to the island green in Idaho with people filming
Oh man #14 at Couer was a knee knocker. Especially the 2nd day from 180ish in that wind. It’s a beautiful hole but it’s no joke.

I've only been golfing for a few years, I remember every first tee shot that first year had me in a knot.

The first tournament I ever played in I was first to tee off, 8am, in front of 40 people, and I was a little hungover from a golf trip the 2 days before. Shanked it 30 yards straight OB w/ a 3W, tripled hole 1.

Monday at the Bagboy Championship is going to bring back a lot those nerve memories. And Tuesday, probably 😂

The first Quest Cup in Alabama. First time flying with my clubs, first time playing down in the US, first time for a lot of things and I was nervous as hell. I was happy to have a hell of a group of guys to round out the foursome @Pops @brians @Nerdy
I tell everyone how lucky I was to have that as my first official golf foursome. Talk about a zero pressure group.

ABOUT 40 years ago when $50K was serious money. I had 5K on my team but when I found out my member/host had 50K riding on us I about puked before tee time. I was no stranger to some serious money games, but 50K in the 80s was huge to a 24 yr old. I did settle down after the first tee ball was good.

Teeing off at #17 Sawgrass for the Victory Cup with all you lunatics watching...worse was teeing off again after pushing the **** out of my first one.

First tee of my first THP Experience at Ballyhack. I don’t know if it worked, but I tried to appear calm. I got the ball teed up on my first try. Small victories. It was easily the most nervous I’ve ever been.

I’ve played in baseball tournaments. A high school game to decide if we got into the state tournament, pitched in the 16-18 year old version of the Little League World Series, broke a no-hitter in the same tournament, played in the Little League state tournament twice. I even went to an open tryout for an MLB team. No invite needed. The nerves did not come close to comparing to that first tee. The upshot is THPers are much better people to be around even if you don’t execute perfectly.

The first time I played the in the championship flight in the city tourney or trying to qualify for the US Pub Links back in the day. I started golf in my late 20's. Those were two of my first tournaments. At that point I was not prepared for tournament golf and got quite the education those two days.

Back