Mizuno ST-Z 230 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

I'm going to continue bumping this thread until more people try these hybrids and chime in. These are special. I never thought I'd consider changing out my King Tec. I've already got the 2H playing it at 15 degrees and the 22 degree ordered which will likely play at 23 for gap purposes. So easy to not only get in the air, even at 15 degrees, but also extremely satisfying to know that I can hit a draw or cut on command. The King Tec feels more explosive, but I can't work it like I do this. Try them. Let me know how what you think.
I keep going back to the store in hopes they will get some more in and they keep failing me 🤣🤣

I keep going back to the store in hopes they will get some more in and they keep failing me 🤣🤣
I blind ordered the 2H based on my love for the CLK 2h

The 2H flat out works. I can't wait till the 4H arrives.

First hole yesterday was a very well protected short par 4: 310 yards with OB 10 yards left of green up a bank into a long but narrow green with water on the right and a huge oak tree protecting front right of the green. Higher branches. 2H off tee left me 40 yards into a really poorly kept green, wedged to 5 feet and it was not really puttable.

I hit this club just about as far as my driver.

Needed some lower shots off tee today to fight the wind. Club just delivers.

Should I purchase the 3W and move my 2H back in sync with the incoming 4H? Just thinking out loud and in typed print....

TGW custom order states they can’t fill my 4H custom order till 5-22-23 at the earliest. Gonna cancel it as much as I hate to. Shouldnt say the parts are in stock if they can’t fill the order.

TGW custom order states they can’t fill my 4H custom order till 5-22-23 at the earliest. Gonna cancel it as much as I hate to. Shouldnt say the parts are in stock if they can’t fill the order.
That sucks! One of my pet peeves, showing something in stock then ooops sorry not happening! Did you reach out to Budget?

That sucks! One of my pet peeves, showing something in stock then ooops sorry not happening! Did you reach out to Budget?
Not yet. Just gonna rock the 4 iron and put some work into the 3H for different shots.

I had a nice 228 yard second shot on a par five today. Ended up hole high right.

This hybrid has me thinking about giving it a try. It's a flatter lie angle to hopefully combat the "hybrid hooks" that typically show up with my swing and hybrids.

I did get along with one of the older JPX hybrids, so maybe this one could work too?

This hybrid has me thinking about giving it a try. It's a flatter lie angle to hopefully combat the "hybrid hooks" that typically show up with my swing and hybrids.

I did get along with one of the older JPX hybrids, so maybe this one could work too?
I would recommend it. It’s really adjustable and the LINQ shaft is really nice. I had to cancel one due to availability. I may end up with the 3 wood from this line up and adjusting hybrid lofts in the bag.

I am absolutely smashing this Hybrid. This club Is so underrated it is shocking. So long, easy to launch and straight.

Avg of 205 with 5 wood and this is while I'm changing my swing. Low spin, low travel. I'm in love. The 4 hybrid seems to have a good amount of spin, I just need to be able to get more arc from it.

The 2H is still going well. Thinking about lofting it up to add room for a true 3 wood. How’s this 3W working for those that have tried it?

Took a flyer on a used St-Z 230 19* Hybrid from 2nd Swing.
Went with UST LINQ 75 F4 to see if I can keep it from going Left.
Had a 60 day Play Guarantee, so I had it shipped to get in for a 5 day golf marathon I playing starting this weekend.
Should be able to figure out pretty quickly if it's going to work or not.

Pulled this hybrid out for testing today and forgot how nice it sounded and solid it feels. A true sleeper club that just shouldn't be ignored.

Anyone else been playing these fairways? Am liking the look.

Anyone else been playing these fairways? Am liking the look.
I’ve seen them but never hit the fairway. This hybrid line is really nice

IMG_4377.jpegIMG_4378.jpegIMG_4379.jpegIMG_4380.jpegIMG_4381.jpegI have been trying out the ST-Z 230 5 wood. It has the 70G stiff Kai Li shaft in it. I took it to my lesson Friday to get some distance numbers and really liked how it performed. I was getting 235-240 total yards on the track man. The STZ is super easy to elevate. I used it today during my round to try it out on course. I liked the distance I was getting and found the fw a few times. I was just off the FW the other times. I was looking at going 5-7 wood but that is not an option with the STZ.

View attachment 9233409View attachment 9233410View attachment 9233411View attachment 9233412View attachment 9233413I have been trying out the ST-Z 230 5 wood. It has the 70G stiff Kai Li shaft in it. I took it to my lesson Friday to get some distance numbers and really liked how it performed. I was getting 235-240 total yards on the track man. The STZ is super easy to elevate. I used it today during my round to try it out on course. I liked the distance I was getting and found the fw a few times. I was just off the FW the other times. I was looking at going 5-7 wood but that is not an option with the STZ.
How are you liking the 5w? I am falling in love with mine. I haven’t hit a wood in years but am starting to feel really confident with this one.

How are you liking the 5w? I am falling in love with mine. I haven’t hit a wood in years but am starting to feel really confident with this one.
I like the 5 wood it fits in the lineup well. Off of the tee on shorter par 4's this is a rocket.

I like the 5 wood it fits in the lineup well. Off of the tee on shorter par 4's this is a rocket.
I haven’t used it much off the tee. I’ve been really surprised at how well I’ve been able to hit it off the ground into par 5’s though. It’s been really good for me there.

We had a Super Bowl scramble yesterday at my club yesterday and I hit the 5w three times into our par 5's. The first was probably from about 280-290 out and a little uphill. I smoked a tight little draw that was heading right at the pin. We had a ton of rain the night before so it end didn't get much rollout and was about 30 yards short of the pin. A couple holes later I hit it. I had a big tree to the right that I just missed and had a nice high draw that was aided by the wind off the right and came back right online with the pin and again ended up about 20 yards short from about 260. Another par 5 later and I had to try and play this one with a little more draw as there was a tree on the left that I had to go around. I hit another great one with just the right amount of draw which again was heading straight at the pin. I came up about 10 yards short from around 260 out again.

These were all shots that just a few months ago I would have maybe hit my hybrid but probably would have just hit a 6 iron and let it run to give me somewhere around 50-80 yards out. Having the confidence to hit this like that has me really excited for this year. If we hadn't received 2-3 inches of rain in the 24 hours before then all of these would have probably rolled up onto the green. If I can start hitting the ST-X 230 drive like this then I will be very very happy.

Back