Mizuno ST-Z 230 Fairway Woods and Hybrids

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
When the term “Mizuno Metalwoods” is brought up, what is the first thing you think of?

For most, it is undoubtedly going to be a driver centric thought that is built around the question of if they stand up and stand out amongst the pack. However, for some of us who have in the past years truly delved into the full breadth of how far Mizuno’s 4-Year “Speed Technology” has brought the brand, our eyes also rest heavily on fairways and hybrids too. Mizuno has been making some stellar performers in those categories for some time now.

This year though, it is time to differentiate.

Continue reading...

A new CLK (Most used golf club I’ve ever owned) replacement paired with some UST goodies…. Man this is putting pressure against the King Tec at the 2H spot.

It’s been a long time since I hit a Mizuno hybrid. Shape is actually pretty good.

• Staff
The sleepers of the release, but if you hit their previous fairways then you know they’re maybe the most versatile out there. I’m also really pleased to see the CLK evolve into the ST lineups.

Thanks for the write-up. Will definitely have to check out the 5w.

Nice, clean design. With all the tech changes, these are going to be fun.

I'll be giving the hybrid a good look, sounds like what I'm looking for. (y)

To my eye, absolutely the most aesthetically pleasing lineup of Drivers/FW/Hybrids released this season.

Love the UST offerings in the hybrids!

These look good. I'm intrigued by the CORTECH and we have another tech story mentioning allowing more flex in the sole. :unsure:

And LIN-Q making an appearance! 🔥

Really like the shape of that hybrid. I’m going to have to try one of these this spring.

I'm shocked this thread didn't get more post/interest on release day. Some real good stuff here.

I thought the driver was fantastic when one fell into my lap late 2021. Considering the impressive work with their irons as well I’d expect the same quality in their woods and hybrids.

I am pretty sure I'm going to ditch fairway woods in favor of a low lofted hybrid/utility wood. That said I'm very very interested in hitting the 16º offering. It looks like it's a thinner face too which I enjoy the profile of. This hybrid just skyrocketed to the top of my 'must try asap' list.

That is one good looking fairway wood!

These look so good and have the tech to back it up. Same suspended weight is super intriguing and I will definitely give both the woods and the hybrids a spin as I need to figure out the top of the bag.

How are these not being more talked about? CORTECH being part of these is great and that hybrid shaping looks to be on point.

Cortech and adjustability across both of these offerings is really interesting.

Anyone seen these in the wild or gotten a chance to hit them?

From the article it's sometime in February. Don't know the exact date just yet.
The article addresses the ST-Z 230 lineup. I asked about the ST-X 230 FW and Hybrids which to my knowledge haven’t been discussed.

The article addresses the ST-Z 230 lineup. I asked about the ST-X 230 FW and Hybrids which to my knowledge haven’t been discussed.
Apologies- I don't see anything online anywhere about that line. I'll tag @JB or @Jman to see if they know anything more.

Apologies- I don't see anything online anywhere about that line. I'll tag @JB or @Jman to see if they know anything more.
I saw a MyGolfSpy article that hinted at an upcoming ST-X FW and hybrid release. I need more loft in the FW and hybrids than the ST-Z offers …

There is no public timeline on that at this time since the 220 line was the X release for fairways and the 230 at this time is the Z for fairways.

I saw a MyGolfSpy article that hinted at an upcoming ST-X FW and hybrid release. I need more loft in the FW and hybrids than the ST-Z offers …
IF that's the case, then when it releases THP will have an article on it. However I know that THP honors embargos and won't speak to pre-release equipment.

Back