How many yards are we talking? I've seen a decrease in distance but I've also been able to hit them at my previous distances too. I think I an old swing flaw is creeping back in and causing my lost distance but I'm curious.
Yeah I noticed yardage distance lost from the 22 to the 23. I was almost tempted to go back to 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s been your guys drop off?

What’s been your guys drop off?
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20 yards. The last time I saw something like that I wasn’t getting my hands forward at impact. I’m not sure if I’m stalling trying to get a lower flight and then scooping but that could definitely be a cause. My irons and partials have been fine in distance. It’s just the full swing wedge that’s killing me right now. When I find a good swing at the range it goes around my expected distance. Maybe a bit short but trying to troubleshoot my swing makes it impossible to really know.

Year to date pic
IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg

After using one of these for a better part of a few months, I have some thoughts.
First, its Mizuno, so I have to discuss feel and the best way to describe this wedge is dense. Its soft feeling, the audible tone is not a click or tick, but rather a deeper sound that just feels solid. Almost powerful, even on shorter shots.

The S23 has to be the most utilized wedge I have had in my bag in a few years. From full swings, which I almost never take with wedges to delicate shots to really undulating greens, this thing just has become an almost go to for every shot inside of 100 yards for me.

Spin is really really strong, so if you struggle to get some grab, I would prepare to see some. If you are used to spinning shorter shots, this will not let you down.

After using one of these for a better part of a few months, I have some thoughts.
First, its Mizuno, so I have to discuss feel and the best way to describe this wedge is dense. Its soft feeling, the audible tone is not a click or tick, but rather a deeper sound that just feels solid. Almost powerful, even on shorter shots.

The S23 has to be the most utilized wedge I have had in my bag in a few years. From full swings, which I almost never take with wedges to delicate shots to really undulating greens, this thing just has become an almost go to for every shot inside of 100 yards for me.

Spin is really really strong, so if you struggle to get some grab, I would prepare to see some. If you are used to spinning shorter shots, this will not let you down.
Agree with all of that. It had basically become my do everything wedge around the greens. Bump and run, open it up a little and use the bounce for higher shot with more spin. Also great as a full swing club, though I rarely use it for that.

Agree 100% and more. I have a 52* S23. I never tried the T22s, but the feel of this wedge is completely different than my two vokeys. Dense seems like a very fitting adjective to describe them. I don't understand how others above are seeing less distance with them. Golf.com recently tested wedges on a robot and the S23s were longer than everything with the SM9s second. I had to get my 56 SM9 bent to 55 to tighten my gapping as I was carrying the 52 S23 15-20 yards further than it. Its still 15+ after bending it to 55. The vokeys also don't feel nearly as good as the mizuno does. I plan on replacing the SM9s with two S23s sooner rather than later. I am absolutely in love with these wedges.

Curious as to why they don’t offer the 56° with 14 bounce.

I have the T22 in 56°/14 and 60°/10 and interested in the S23’s because I also play JPX923 HM.

Agree with all of that. It had basically become my do everything wedge around the greens. Bump and run, open it up a little and use the bounce for higher shot with more spin. Also great as a full swing club, though I rarely use it for that.

I am a fan of this wedge as well.

Of all the days to forget my ShotScope at home. I would be curious to see my SG stats today. After learning how to use the bounce I could actually see the forgiveness play out on my shots. The slightly off center shots reacted pretty much like a centered strike. The high toe miss was still a high toe miss but got to almost the same end point. Gotta agree with the dense feel. It’s not soft, not hard, just solid with good feedback.

Curious as to why they don’t offer the 56° with 14 bounce.

I have the T22 in 56°/14 and 60°/10 and interested in the S23’s because I also play JPX923 HM.
I know they start with only so many SKU’s of heads and bend them to the loft/lie to gain more variables so some may not be able to be captured within that space.

Nothing feels like a Mizuno

For those who have the copper cobalt finish on these … how is it holding up so far?

I’m currently using T22 wedges and I’m curious about the S23 since they’re more aligned to my 923 HM.

Does the S23 come off the face hot? Wondering how much different they feel from the T22’s.

I’m currently using T22 wedges and I’m curious about the S23 since they’re more aligned to my 923 HM.

Does the S23 come off the face hot? Wondering how much different they feel from the T22’s.
I don’t see any higher ball speeds compared to other more traditional or tour style blade wedges. For the most part it plays similar with a touch more forgiveness. I can’t talk about feel differences with the T22, but slightly softer than Callaway MD5 or Titleist SM8 but still pretty solid feeling.

I have no firsthand experience comparing to T22s. Back in May Golf.com did a robot test of all 2023 wedges. The S23 had highest ball speed. I had to get my SM9 56* bent to 55 to close the gap with my S23 52*. It is still 15 yards longer than the SM9 at 55*. I am sold on these wedges and plan on replacing my two SM9s with the mizunos at the end of this season

After 6 months of using these wedges, I've become a "Sharpshooter" with them.
Aim and Fire!

I've had a least 5 gimme putts from wedge shots 75 yards in in.
Last night on my 9 hole match, I had 2 1 putt pars, 1-1 putt Birdie and 1-1 putt Triple.
I'm confident enough with these wedges that I don't have to try to make risky shots.
Get myself in a spot where I can get a chance for an "Up & Down"

Does the grind of the 54 S grind allow enough heel relief to open up the face? Or is limited to full shots and straight forward chip shots ?

Does the grind of the 54 S grind allow enough heel relief to open up the face? Or is limited to full shots and straight forward chip shots ?
It is able to be opened comfortably.

Back