Used my 52 for almost all my shots around the green today and on a couple full swings today. Quickly becoming one of my favorite clubs in my bag.

So…these have caught my attention again…
They should have everyone's attention. Everyone seems skeptical until they try them. I gave mine to a few friends. One each. And all 3 have bought others for their bags. It's like when I used to shout at my friends about the Glide 3.0. They were good, and there wasn't much not to like about them. These I can't come up with really any negative things. They blend with most of their sets so much better than the T22.

I spent some time at the short game area last week and learned how to get out of the sand again. I managed to get out of all the bunkers I found with one shot last weekend. Even managed to burn the edge from the bunker on18. I’m pretty sure I know the cause of my bunker swing issues and I’m finally thumping the sand again.

Partials and full wedge proximity averaged 12-18 ft. I hit a few that ended up really good. I used just over 2 balls worth of the face through all my shots. Seeing the proximity I had compared to my ball striking was pretty surprising. I’m seeing the forgiveness and I’m liking it.

The S23s are the best wedge I've tried. They will be replacing the SM9s soon

Catching my stride with these. Love the fact the CG isn’t focused closer to the heel, and this works tremendously well with my draw wedge shot. The color has been holding up well. Been doing exceptionally well out of the bunkers with these and have been having great success on the forward ball high pitch shots as the bounce and grind work’s tremendously.

They are interestingly interesting..
The feedback has been stellar. That has my attention again after writing the release piece on them!

The feedback has been stellar. That has my attention again after writing the release piece on them!
The little time I have spent with them has been great. Nothing to not like. A wedge with a little tech is always welcomed.

Does anyone know if all of the lower loft options are based off of bending a stock loft? For instance, the C grind is offered at 60/10, 59/9.... to 56/06. It would look like if you are choosing a C grind, you're getting a 60 and being bent up to 4 degrees to get to the desired loft. (Same thing happens with the 48/10 S grind dropping to 44/06)?

I really like the look and idea of these, but am concerned at how much variation there will be in the offset from club to club. Specifically, I want to game a 44 and 48; but am guessing that both would essentially be a 48/10 with the 44 loft just bent 4 degrees stronger.

Just a little update from me since @JB brought up these wedges on the WGP this week.
So far this season, my Up & Down percentage is up around 10% over last year and attribute that to this wedges.
They are just so easy and forgiving - The balance is just right.
I think the thing that I've notice is how straight lined my chips are to the hole.
If I don't make it the hole, it's close enough for "Gimme" putts.
Really looking forward what my results will be "Mid Season"

My 52 has become my only club I use around the green, other than the sand. Can hit it high enough or bump and run it, but mostly I think it just fits my eye.

I'm looking to refresh my wedges, and I was thinking about the S23s. However, the T22s just had a $40 price drop, and I'm really happy with the T22s in general. What would be the arguments for going with S23s instead?

I'm looking to refresh my wedges, and I was thinking about the S23s. However, the T22s just had a $40 price drop, and I'm really happy with the T22s in general. What would be the arguments for going with S23s instead?
Haven't played the T22's however the S23 are really balanced and really forgiving.
I'm glad that I put them in my bag - My short game has gotten better since I've used them according to ShotScope.

I only have a 52º but its been my go to all over the place on the course. Basically anything from 100 yards and in, this is my play unless I am in a bunker or have a very elevated green or one that I am short sided. I think its one of my favorite wedges in recent years and sounds and feels so perfect to me.

Loving my setup with the 54 and 58 so far. Have had great success in hitting a lot of partial shots around greens and my sand saves is nearly 50% over the last 20 or so rounds.

Currently this 52 is staying in the bag for the near future. Really love the way it feels and handles the around the green work.

I’ve played these exclusively this year so far and have really enjoyed them. Easy to get out of the sand and feel great for chips and pitches. The biggest is it me or the club is the full swings as something feels off vs my last set of Callaway wedges. Not original PM grind bad but seem short compared to last year as I could comfortably hit my 58° 78 yds and in while I’ve grow longer this year the wedge hasn’t gained comparatively and actually lost a few yards. I’ve worked on partial shots this year so I’ve not be negatively impacted per se but if others rely solely on full swings they may see a reduced carry vs previous wedges.

I finally could not hold off any longer..

image.jpg

I’ve played these exclusively this year so far and have really enjoyed them. Easy to get out of the sand and feel great for chips and pitches. The biggest is it me or the club is the full swings as something feels off vs my last set of Callaway wedges. Not original PM grind bad but seem short compared to last year as I could comfortably hit my 58° 78 yds and in while I’ve grow longer this year the wedge hasn’t gained comparatively and actually lost a few yards. I’ve worked on partial shots this year so I’ve not be negatively impacted per se but if others rely solely on full swings they may see a reduced carry vs previous wedges.
How many yards are we talking? I've seen a decrease in distance but I've also been able to hit them at my previous distances too. I think I an old swing flaw is creeping back in and causing my lost distance but I'm curious.

How many yards are we talking? I've seen a decrease in distance but I've also been able to hit them at my previous distances too. I think I an old swing flaw is creeping back in and causing my lost distance but I'm curious.
5-7 yds on full swings I used to be able to hit my max yardages on a dime but these can’t get there unless I put the ball back in the stance and rip at it. Overall though I’m happy as it kinda was a blessing in disguise as I’ve worked a lot more on partial shots with lower lofted wedges.

Yeah I noticed yardage distance lost from the 22 to the 23. I was almost tempted to go back to 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back