Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

Now that sounds killer! What shafts did you end going with?

Coming from ZX5…how do you think the size compare in those longer irons(or wherever you split yours)?

I tried a few different offerings that the Mizuno shaft optimizer threw at me: C Taper, Project X LS, KBS $ Taper. I really like the PXLS, but the numbers were just better with the $ Tapers. The C-Tapers were like swinging a 2x4…. Way too much for me. So $ Taper in the X-flex. I did straight 243’s, but these damn gears in my head never stop turning and I’ve been sitting here all morning asking myself why I didn’t go 5-GW in 243 and add that 245 at the 4 spot. So, first thing tomorrow morning, when my guy who fit me is back in the office I’m gonna see if it’s not too late to make that little switch. If it is, I’ll go with what I have and make a switch later if I need to.

Size wise, the 243’s are definitely smaller in the longer irons than the ZX5’s. I’m curious to see how it is going to work out in the actual turf with the smaller 243’s in the longer irons because while I hit the ZX5’s (I had them in 5 and 6 iron) well overall, there were times where I felt a smaller sole might have helped me get through the turf a little easier. Or, it could all just be in my head and I’m not going to see much difference with a smaller profile in the longer irons. Time will definitely tell, but I’m super excited to find out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I continued my streak of shanks on a few holes on the front 9 today. By the turn I figured out the tweaks I needed to make and started hitting some very nice cuts again.

In the continuing tradition of 7 iron being my best club of the set I was able to stuff one to 5 foot and can the bird on #15 par 3. Best shot of the day.

I’ve spent a lot of time working on driver and speed training so I do need to start spending a bit of time putting a nice iron swing back together.

How's that coming? Really curious how you get along with those shafts.
The TGI 110's have been my biggest intrigue for at least 2 years. I know it's early but they're in the running for favorite shaft ever. I dont think they feel anything like KBS Tour's which they're supposedly modeled after. I also dont think they're as stiff as they're made out to be. They are definitely stable but not in a C-Taper kind of way. The 110 is recommended for 6i speeds of 96 - 100 but I dont personally feel you need to swing that fast to maximize the performance

overall ive seen swing speed and ball speed increases. Spin is still on the lower side but thats more bc of the head then the shafts. Im going to schedule a gapping and loft/lie session at club champion soon to get everything figured out. Right now I have the Mizuno's weakened 1 degree already but my PW is carrying 148 and my GW is typically 130. Id like to get that back down to 10 yard gaps in the bottom of the bag

Made the mistake of pulling out my P790s this weekend and hitting them back to back with my 243s. The P790 is suuuuuch a forgiving club, like I was bashing balls out of the heel and out of the toe and getting almost no ball speed drop. This is EXACTLY why I switched to the 243s, almost zero feedback on those bad strikes, just good results...has built in some bad habits. I'm already 1000% more aware when I don't hit the ball well and what went wrong. I am loving the higher spin and decent angles on the 243s though, have to take extra club a lot more these days as I will spin the ball back on the green. It's been a good gut check, thought I was a better ball striker than i am, but happy to take some abuse to get better. :) we all love the pain deep down right?....;)

Nice morning with the 243's. I did not have a visit from El' Hosel this morning. Hit some nice approach shots, left a few short that got gobbled up in the wind but overall it was a good showing for the irons today.

About time!

Anyone pairing the S23 50* wedge with the 243s? I'm in the process of doing a head to head with the S23 and my RTX6 50*. Haven't got on the Mevo plus yet which I'm sure will ultimately decide the winner, but curious if anyone else went down the road of matching up the S23? The S23 feels pretty soft out of the middle, which tends to blend in well with the 243s, but the RTX6 feels the same as the rest of my wedges which i am used to.

Got a lot of info to share about this line despite it already being out. Coming up soon. After spending a day with Mizuno at their office.

also, will have full details coming soon on the victory cup THP event with their team playing with forum members

can't wait to hear more about the irons, and definitely the victory cup

Got a lot of info to share about this line despite it already being out. Coming up soon. After spending a day with Mizuno at their office.

also, will have full details coming soon on the victory cup THP event with their team playing with forum members
Maybe I’m just paying more attention but it seems like they have done a great job to get info on the 24x line out there. I’ve seen Voshall in several different videos, Mizuno did the ‘inside the factory’ videos, R&D videos, and 5 minute videos on each 241, 243, and 245.

It’s been a fun release and I’m excited to hear what additional info you have to share!
And nobody is going to want to miss details about the next Victory Cup!!

Maybe I’m just paying more attention but it seems like they have done a great job to get info on the 24x line out there. I’ve seen Voshall in several different videos, Mizuno did the ‘inside the factory’ videos, R&D videos, and 5 minute videos on each 241, 243, and 245.
Definitely seen a whole bunch more on social, it’s been really cool to see! The Hammonbuilds stuff has been phenomenal!!

Looking forward to seeing the details on VC ‘24

It’s been a fun release and I’m excited to hear what additional info you have to share!
And nobody is going to want to miss details about the next Victory Cup!!
Can’t quite understand why Mizuno did all of those Japan Foundry videos and turns out that the heads are finished in China.
IMG_2162.jpeg

Can’t quite understand why Mizuno did all of those Japan Foundry videos and turns out that the heads are finished in China.
View attachment 9245487
To many golfers forged means something. Forged in Japan carries extra weight as well. Who worries about where something is finished?

To many golfers forged means something. Forged in Japan carries extra weight as well. Who worries about where something is finished?
Good Point!

View attachment 9245487
That is generally speaking just the plating, being chrome or ion plated like their blue finish they do. the Mizuno Pro line is manufactured in Japan.

Anyone pairing the S23 50* wedge with the 243s? I'm in the process of doing a head to head with the S23 and my RTX6 50*. Haven't got on the Mevo plus yet which I'm sure will ultimately decide the winner, but curious if anyone else went down the road of matching up the S23? The S23 feels pretty soft out of the middle, which tends to blend in well with the 243s, but the RTX6 feels the same as the rest of my wedges which i am used to.
I did this! Wayyy better than the set Gap. Sucks to be sitting in the pricey Gap bc it’s def not going in the bag.

So after working through a set with Chris, i’m going 245 straight through bent 1 strong and standard length and lie angle.

Going with a gold and green set of custom The Hackers Paradise Recoil Dart shafts with our dog Arrow laser etched in them.

Mizuno is building this set now and I should have them soon.

So after working through a set with Chris, i’m going 245 straight through bent 1 strong and standard length and lie angle.

Going with a gold and green set of custom The Hackers Paradise Recoil Dart shafts with our dog Arrow laser etched in them.

I did the same thing with my lofts, went 1° strong.

I really want the 245

Those are going to look amazing!! Look forward to your feedback!

Man…it’s only been one week since I got fit and put my order in for these clubs but I swear it feels like a lifetime ago while I wait for them to come in….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a delivery today!!
245s 4-pw are here!

Attachments

• 20240303_133437.jpg
    20240303_133437.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1
This is the first week for me with the 245's and they are great. A lot of fun hitting these.
Unknown.jpegUnknown-2.jpegUnknown-1.jpegUnknown-4.jpeg

I like the ferrules you have.

Back