Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

Took the 243’s to get a little upgrade yesterday

IMG_4116.jpegIMG_4117.jpegIMG_4118.jpeg

Awkward Fly On The Wall GIF by Amanda Cee Media
Because it’s one of the funniest gif I’ve seen, I’ll reply to it.
Picked up my 245’s today and I’m just ecstatic!!!
The outdoor range was open because it’s in the 60’s here.

After warming up with a wedge, I hit the PW, 9i & 7i. I hit the HL’s in the correct designation and then 245’s.

PW:
IMG_2142.jpegIMG_2144.jpeg
9i:
IMG_2145.jpegIMG_2146.jpeg
7i:
IMG_2147.jpegIMG_2149.jpeg
245 7i consistency:
IMG_2148.jpeg

Yep, I hit the 245’s further than the HL’s
Found that if I swing smoothly, I make great contact.

Comparison of the 7i:
IMG_2151.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my 245s today. Wasn't able to go to the range, but just hit some balls into the net. Swing was feeling like trash today. But was getting the carry distances I was looking for, but hitting them all over the face. lol

Gotta work on my swing more than anything. lol

I’ll be at Mizuno HQ next week and going to get some fun content on these irons

yo @Iceman!
Because it’s one of the funniest gif I’ve seen, I’ll reply to it.
Picked up my 245’s today and I’m just ecstatic!!!
The outdoor range was open because it’s in the 60’s here.

After warming up with a wedge, I hit the PW, 9i & 7i. I hit the HL’s in the correct designation and the 245’s.

PW:
View attachment 9244161View attachment 9244163
9i:
View attachment 9244165View attachment 9244166
7i:
View attachment 9244167View attachment 9244168
245 7i consistency:
View attachment 9244169

Yep, I hit the 245’s further than the HL’s
Found that if I swing smoothly, I make great contact.

Comparison of the 7i:
View attachment 9244172
baller!

I’ll be at Mizuno HQ next week and going to get some fun content on these irons
looking forward to this as those 245 are very much on the ponder list.

BTW I appreciate how Mizuno handles custom orders, particularly with grips and graphite shafts with so many at no extra cost.

I'm going with some lessons before my iron fitting this year, but after hitting some JPX 923 forged this week, I'm even more curious about this lineup. I don't know if I'll have the swing for these but they will definitely be something I ask to hit during my fitting when it happens.

I'm going with some lessons before my iron fitting this year, but after hitting some JPX 923 forged this week, I'm even more curious about this lineup. I don't know if I'll have the swing for these but they will definitely be something I ask to hit during my fitting when it happens.
I was surprised how "Forgiving" the 245's are.
They are "The Bomb"

First 9 holes with the 245s in the books. Shot 3 over. Which for my level of golf is really good. And double bogeyed hole 1 which was a par 5 :LOL:

Ping g430 max 10k was on point, but irons were solid too.

First 9 holes with the 245s in the books. Shot 3 over. Which for my level of golf is really good. And double bogeyed hole 1 which was a par 5 :LOL:

Ping g430 max 10k was on point, but irons were solid too.
What did you like most about the 245's today?

What did you like most about the 245's today?
Best shot was probably on a par 3 178 yards and hit a smooth 6 iron that felt really soft off the face to 5 feet. One of the few I actually hit out of the middle of the face lol

Every club I picked throughout the round hit the distance I had in mind, and granted it wasn’t my best ball striking day, hit a few thin, but all of them ended up good.

Keep debating on going to get some new 245's this year. Want to load them up with Graphite shafts and kicking ferrules.

hit a smooth 6 iron that felt really soft off the face to 5 feet
#NothingFeelsLikeaMizuno

Sounds like you are going to be getting along with them quite well if they are performing for you even on an off-ball striking day! Can't wait to hear more about how you dial them in as the season progresses.

I was surprised how "Forgiving" the 245's are.
They are "The Bomb"
The 923 forged are super nice and I was picking up distance on my Apex which was surprising. I've ogled the 24x line but haven't hit them yet. I'm really looking at going into a smaller more "player" profile. We'll see how it works out but these are 100% on the hitting menu this year.

Last edited:
Got to try out the shaft optimizer for the first time today. Did so with 243 heads.
91f7db12-4925-4a6d-8457-06bdadfbdcf9.jpeg
86b89f28-7b01-41b5-8884-dcf802e8dacb.jpeg
Was interesting. I’m no longer a steel shaft but the 95s that I’m in currently was the first of the graphite options. Looks like per optimizer best weight was a touch heavier than my gamers.

This makes me a little more interested in trying the Dart V 105’s.

Last edited:
I not so secretly want to go full duke nukem and get a set of 245s..

I not so secretly want to go full duke nukem and get a set of 245s..
It'd be fun, but I can't see it. I played around with that again a couple days ago. I just don't see how it's playable at higher speeds past a long iron or two. You probably benefit from spin reduction more than I do, but they're just so damn long and low spin for me it's ridiculous.

It'd be fun, but I can't see it. I played around with that again a couple days ago. I just don't see how it's playable at higher speeds past a long iron or two. You probably benefit from spin reduction more than I do, but they're just so damn long and low spin for me it's ridiculous.
Well isn't that interesting?
I was the PGATSS today with my 245's testing golf balls and getting use to the clubs.
My "Data Simulation" (See what I did there?) I was able to replicate distances at the range from Thursday:
What I did find that I'm getting longer distances from what appears to be low spin.
I compared my HL with Z-Star vs 245's with 3 different balls:
1708800357577.png

So I'm getting 5 more yards at the sacrifice of spin.
I'm "OK" with it as a "Champions Tour Player" I'm chasing distance.

I have two thoughts after my session
1. Maybe the 245's are Mizuno's "Epic Forged" irons - Extreme Distance
2. I probably need to test with ProV1X to get as much spin as I can get.

Yeah. Partly why I have not done it. But it would be fun to say 170? Ok pitching wedge it is. Lol…

Had an iron fitting yesterday and ended up with a set of 243’s, 4-GW. The looks, feel, and performance were just too hard to ignore. They will be replacing my OG combo set of Srixon ZX5/ZX7.

There are some really fantastic offerings out there in terms of irons from all the major OEM’s. I really don’t think you can go wrong with whoever you end up going with to fill the iron spot in your bag.

I’m so excited to get these in hand. Oh, and a fun little touch, they’re going to be coming with the Mizuno icon blue ferrules to match the black and blue grips I chose to go with the new sticks.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an iron fitting yesterday and ended up with a set of 243’s, 4-GW. The looks, feel, and performance were just too hard to ignore. They will be replacing my OG combo set of Srixon ZX5/ZX7.

There are some really fantastic offerings out there in terms of irons from all the major OEM’s. I really don’t think you can go wrong with whoever you end up going with to fill the iron spot in your bag.

I’m so excited to get these in hand. Oh, and a fun little touch, they’re going to be coming with the Mizuno icon blue ferrules to match the black and blue grips I chose to go with the new sticks.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that sounds killer! What shafts did you end going with?

Coming from ZX5…how do you think the size compare in those longer irons(or wherever you split yours)?

Back