Mizuno Pro 24X Irons - 241, 243, 245

I was told 2 weeks for my 243s.
Just ordered the 245s 4-PW, GW from PGA superstore after debating back and forth for a couple weeks. Ordered them 1/2" long with KBS $-taper stiff shafts in them. Can't wait to get them. Does anybody know the lead times for Mizuno currently?

So coming from p790s I found the 245s to be a better feeling version of that club, but the 243 to me had 99% of the forgiveness of the 245 with MASSIVELY improved feel for off center strikes. I think if you are considering the 245 and you have good SS (mid 80s or better) you would be doing yourself a disservice not to try the 243. In the long run I think the 243 would make you a better ball striker just because of the feedback you get. Don’t get it twisted though if you are dead set on a players distance guy the 245 is best in class.

Ok THP.... Thinking of combo set of irons:
5-6 923 HL
7-GW - Pro 245

Keep some forgiveness in the lower lofts and give me some scoring accuracy in the high lofts.

Thoughts?

So coming from p790s I found the 245s to be a better feeling version of that club, but the 243 to me had 99% of the forgiveness of the 245 with MASSIVELY improved feel for off center strikes. I think if you are considering the 245 and you have good SS (mid 80s or better) you would be doing yourself a disservice not to try the 243. In the long run I think the 243 would make you a better ball striker just because of the feedback you get. Don’t get it twisted though if you are dead set on a players distance guy the 245 is best in class.
I agree with all of this. I definitely got more feedback from 243 vs 245. Maybe that's part of the reason I tended to strike the 243 a little better when testing both. That awareness that I needed to hit center or as close to as possible kept me in that zone. 245 is a great iron especially now that it's a bit more compact than the last model.

Can't wait to hear about how you get along with the 243's. My swing is very rusty right now from not playing for over a month but I played twice this weekend and when struck like they should be there isn't a better-feeling club on the market, IMO.

I agree with all of this. I definitely got more feedback from 243 vs 245. Maybe that's part of the reason I tended to strike the 243 a little better when testing both. That awareness that I needed to hit center or as close to as possible kept me in that zone. 245 is a great iron especially now that it's a bit more compact than the last model.

Can't wait to hear about how you get along with the 243's. My swing is very rusty right now from not playing for over a month but I played twice this weekend and when struck like they should be there isn't a better-feeling club on the market, IMO.
When I was testing the 243s I caught some high in the face, off the toe out of the heel and got away with all of them. This head does not punish you like the 241 does. 241 is a blade, you miss the center good luck God bless you are loosing 10 to 20 yards. 243 spin would drop off a bit, but not a ton (if any) distance. But it's like you said I think you look down on it and it makes you focus a little more. I guess in the end I was not expecting to get away with what i did in the 243, that said I haven't even played a round with them yet I may come back here in a month with my tail tucked between my legs...but i don't think so.
I think this review sums up what I saw too

Ok THP.... Thinking of combo set of irons:
5-6 923 HL
7-GW - Pro 245

Keep some forgiveness in the lower lofts and give me some scoring accuracy in the high lofts.

Thoughts?
Ok - 7-GW - Pro 245 ordered with DG 105R Shaft and Lamkin ST Hybrid +2 Calibrate Grips.
had the irons made 1* Stronger to match the HL's and give me a little more offset.

Ok - 7-GW - Pro 245 ordered with DG 105R Shaft and Lamkin ST Hybrid +2 Calibrate Grips.
had the irons made 1* Stronger to match the HL's and give me a little more offset.
Wowzers. That's a nice sounding set! Congrats and I'm looking forward to hearing about them.

are the in yet? haha

are the in yet? haha
Right!!!
I ordered pretty "Mainstream" components, so it should go fast.

True Story and why our WWG Team is called "Team Simulation"
When I did my Mizuno Swing Analyzer in 10/2022 for the JPX 923 HL's, I had the fitter give me a print out of the readings for my files.
Took a photo of it.
Fast Forward to 2 weeks ago when I tested the 245's at the PGATSS, best fit was with the same DG 105R Shaft.
Called my fitter back on Monday and asked if his program had been updated with the new heads, which it was.
Gave him the readings from the last fitting and BAM! The program spit out 5 Stars for the DG 105R Shaft as a "Perfect Fit"

Data, Got to know your Data...

Right!!!
I ordered pretty "Mainstream" components, so it should go fast.

True Story and why our WWG Team is called "Team Simulation"
When I did my Mizuno Swing Analyzer in 10/2022 for the JPX 923 HL's, I had the fitter give me a print out of the readings for my files.
Took a photo of it.
Fast Forward to 2 weeks ago when I tested the 245's at the PGATSS, best fit was with the same DG 105R Shaft.
Called my fitter back on Monday and asked if his program had been updated with the new heads, which it was.
Gave him the readings from the last fitting and BAM! The program spit out 5 Stars for the DG 105R Shaft as a "Perfect Fit"

Data, Got to know your Data...
cool to see it all holds true.

How do you like that shaft pairing? I'll be honest, I haven't tried the DG 105 more than a handful of swings.

cool to see it all holds true.

How do you like that shaft pairing? I'll be honest, I haven't tried the DG 105 more than a handful of swings.
At the PGATSS, I was getting the same yardage with the 245's as with the HL's with higher launch and steeper descent angle.
If that holds true, I should be one happy golfer, if one ever existed.

I tried the DG 95's and it was too light and the SteelFiber in 95R didn't feel right, the shaft profile wasn't right.

At the PGATSS, I was getting the same yardage with the 245's as with the HL's with higher launch and steeper descent angle.
If that holds true, I should be one happy golfer, if one ever existed.

I tried the DG 95's and it was too light and the SteelFiber in 95R didn't feel right, the shaft profile wasn't right.
man I can't wait for them to get in for you so we can see a comparison.

man I can't wait for them to get in for you so we can see a comparison.
I clicked on a Fitting Chat in January on 2nd Swing asking about the 245's for the giggles.
The fitter asked me what is it about the 923 HL's that I don't like.
I said "They aren't Shiny like the 245's are"
He typed: "LOL"

Par 3 - 152 to the pin

Flush city on a 243 7 iron
IMG_8648.jpeg

It was dead at it stalking the flag.

IMG_8649.jpeg

Missed dunking it by a foot left. That TP 5X ripped back though. OMOI 4 Cashed the putt.

The 243s continue to intrigue me. Very looking forward to hitting them

Another gorgeous seven iron today

Another gorgeous seven iron today

Helluva shot! Those 243’s (and the rest of the line) are some seriously gorgeous looking clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ddec - Can’t Wait to get my 245’s!

lol comments on those reels always make me laugh.

“If you use these you sit down to pee”
Only in the middle of the night when I don't want to turn the light on and burn my retinas.

Comment section is always such a cesspit I've deleted some truly nasty stuff in the past couple years.

The efficiency really is ridiculously good though.
Do you have a gamer iron for the season yet??

My 243's look like they're coming Friday finally. Different shaft than what's in my Cobras but im happy to do an initial comparison this weekend. The Cobra CB/MB were the best addition to my bag in a long long time but initial testing with Pro 243's have me excited

Do you have a gamer iron for the season yet??

My 243's look like they're coming Friday finally. Different shaft than what's in my Cobras but im happy to do an initial comparison this weekend. The Cobra CB/MB were the best addition to my bag in a long long time but initial testing with Pro 243's have me excited
I have a few 😆. Have Blueprint S, Mizuno 245-3-1 triple combo, and it's damn hard to quit those Cobras. I went with the 241 in the 7, but I stewed about it and I'm still constantly debating getting a 243 and taking it weak. I kind of love the sole coming from the Cobras but I'm covering quite a bit right now and the stronger loft gives me some worry.

Yeah lets see what you get between them!

I have a few 😆. Have Blueprint S, Mizuno 245-3-1 triple combo, and it's damn hard to quit those Cobras. I went with the 241 in the 7, but I stewed about it and I'm still constantly debating getting a 243 and taking it weak. I kind of love the sole coming from the Cobras but I'm covering quite a bit right now and the stronger loft gives me some worry.

Yeah lets see what you get between them!
Thats why I went with 243's weakened 1*. They were HOT when I hit them but spin was always good.

I absolutely love how the Cobra MB's look 7 - P so it will be tough to kick them out.

Back