• Golden Horseshoe- Green

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
@TWright971 @golfinnut @JonD

We’re set for 12:10 on April 27th
———

Often called the Augusta of VA. Home to the best par threes Robert Trent Jones ever created (His words.). Narrow course that demands your attention on every tee shot. From the old wooden lockers to the course Marshall galleries on the course this course takes you back to a time of pure golf and tradition. A course as warm as the hospitality in the clubhouse.

A Virginia Tradition Like No Other- Hello Friends and Welcome to The Golden Horseshoe Golf Club

1713481680079.jpeg

Narrow.... oh I'm screwed :eek:

———

Often called the Augusta of VA. Home to the best par threes Robert Trent Jones ever created (His words.). Narrow course that demands your attention on every tee shot. From the old wooden lockers to the course Marshall galleries on the course this course takes you back to a time of pure golf and tradition. A course as warm as the hospitality in the clubhouse.

A Virginia Tradition Like No Other- Hello Friends and Welcome to The Golden Horseshoe Golf Club

View attachment 9258549
Welcome to my Nightmare... still, a Gorgeous Course.

———

View attachment 9258549
Thanks for taking the lead on setting this up. I'm looking forward to it.

Narrow.... oh I'm screwed :eek:
I'll be bringing extra golf balls for sure! :LOL:
The course lulls you in false sense of security with some nice wider fairways and then goes narrow out of no where. Thats not what gets you though. It’s the par 3s. Every single one is over a lot of water and the wind changes like 12th at Augusta. The last one is hard as heck to hit when the wind kicks up even though it looks big. Last time out I had 20 mph winds and landed on the opposite side and had to three putt across the whole thing. My hat got blown off mid swing.

The course lulls you in false sense of security with some nice wider fairways and then goes narrow out of no where. Thats not what gets you though. It’s the par 3s. Every single one is over a lot of water and the wind changes like 12th at Augusta. The last one is hard as heck to hit when the wind kicks up even though it looks big. Last time out I had 20 mph winds and landed on the opposite side and had to three putt across the whole thing. My hat got blown off mid swing.
Sounds like a good challenge to get warmed up for Ballyhack!

Only a few days away from GOLD gentleman

Wish I could join in but I’ll be in lovely Winchester (Funchester 😒) watching the boy hurdle and throw that heavy frisbee thingy.

Post pics as long as @golfinnut isn’t in any of them 😂

Not gonna mention the weather cause we don't mention the weather. But .... it's gonna be perfect by Noon on Saturday! :D

Really sorry that work has me in a vice and I can't join you gentlemen. Enjoy the Gold course! It beat me up last time I was there and I do want another shot at it eventually!!

I need to take a look at the hole overviews. Course doesn't look overly long but there's only one par 5 on the back. Some healthy par 3 distances from the blues.

I was thinking of meeting you folks there. I could caddy for a player or two. But Williamsburg (I had to look up this course) is quite a drive for me. Can you all at least do video footage that would be better than the Q at Myrtle Beach?

What's everyone think .... combo white/blue tees? Blues on the iconic Par 3's?

1713969240001.png

#16 - 159 yards

1713969296564.png

#12 - 169 yards

1713979862538.png

#7 - 186 yards

1713979920168.png

#3 - 174 yards

1713979982897.png

These are all looking diabolical in many ways. What do you guys think about the task before us?

I need to take a look at the hole overviews. Course doesn't look overly long but there's only one par 5 on the back. Some healthy par 3 distances from the blues.

#15 - 600+ yard par 5 :eek:

What's everyone think .... combo white/blue tees? Blues on the iconic Par 3's?

View attachment 9260454

#16 - 159 yards

View attachment 9260456

#12 - 169 yards

View attachment 9260510

#7 - 186 yards

View attachment 9260512

#3 - 174 yards

View attachment 9260513

These are all looking diabolical in many ways. What do you guys think about the task before us?
I will play whatever tees the group wants. As far as the task ahead, I'm bringing extra golf balls. :LOL:
#15 - 600+ yard par 5 6 :eek:
FIFY

I’m good with whatever tees the group is playing.

Back