Played 18 with these for the first time, was so much easier compressing my iron shots! Really liking this ball, I’m getting added distance from my driver too.

Played 18 with these for the first time, was so much easier compressing my iron shots! Really liking this ball, I’m getting added distance from my driver too.
Nice! How were your approach shots? Get them to stick on the greens?

Nice! How were your approach shots? Get them to stick on the greens?
Approach shots were amazing, in fact that’s where I’m noticing the softness the most. It’s coming off my iron shots nice and high, and I hit several greens and left big pitch marks (fixed them of course).

I even thought I was going to have a hole in one for about 3-4 seconds; 118y tee shot and hit the green about 10 ft directly in front of the cup. It kicked left though.

Approach shots were amazing, in fact that’s where I’m noticing the softness the most. It’s coming off my iron shots nice and high, and I hit several greens and left big pitch marks (fixed them of course).

I even thought I was going to have a hole in one for about 3-4 seconds; 118y tee shot and hit the green about 10 ft directly in front of the cup. It kicked left though.
Sounds like you have a new ball. How about the wedges? Get it to check? Too bad about the HIL...

Sounds like you have a new ball. How about the wedges? Get it to check? Too bad about the HIL...
My chipping was off but that’s on me, not the ball. I was deadly with my GW though today. I do like how it plays on the greens.

My chipping was off but that’s on me, not the ball. I was deadly with my GW though today. I do like how it plays on the greens.
And it putts like a dream!! Feels just firm enough, and distance control is pretty easy, once you get used to it. Well, I'm glad you like it. I know I do!

And it putts like a dream!! Feels just firm enough, and distance control is pretty easy, once you get used to it. Well, I'm glad you like it. I know I do!
It’s a great ball indeed, no doubt about that!

So, Dicks has extended the 4fer deal till August 5th. I already purchased 4 boxes earlier, but just might pull the trigger again. Such a deal!! Ball plays just like the Cally Supersoft. Does not get mushy when it gets warm. With my 80 mph swing speed, fits me just right. If you are in the 90's or more, with your ss, might not be the ball for you. If you tend to lose a few a round, might be your ball!!

So, the Dick's flash sale on Maxfli golf balls ends on Saturday, at midnight. Thought about stocking up, but I have not played for a couple of weeks. I have already purchased the 4fer deal on the Softfli, and buying more would probably not be a good idea. Great price though, very hard to pass up..

Ok!! Dicks and Golf Galaxy has extended the 2fer, and the 4fer flash sale on Maxfli Softli till Nov. 4th. If you haven't got yours yet, or missed on the last sale, you've plenty of time to stock up. At $24.99 a dozen, which is the same price as Callaway Supersoft, that 4fer deal at $59.99 is a great price, and if you have a Dicks coupon, even better!! I don't have a problem with the quality of these golf balls(love the new matte yellow), and they hold up really well, even to a cart path or two, or a tree! All golf balls scuff up, and these are no different. The matte finish cleans up in the ball washer, no problem.. And if happen to lose a couple, not hurting your wallet! I like this ball...

Last edited:
Any new players of the Maxfli Softfli? Now that the Cally Supersoft will be in short supply, might want to stock up on the these, as they are the closest thing to playing the SS. Not sure if these come out of the same plant, but that has not been said in any of the articles I have read. Dicks Sporting Goods, and Golf Galaxy still have have the 4fer sale going on. $59.99 for 4 dozen is a good deal! Or you can buy 2fer $35, if you choose. Plays the same as the SS as far as I can tell, as I have played the SS for like 4 years, with two different iterations. I'm playing the new yellow matte Softfli ball that came out this year, and I love the color. Easy to see in the air, and on the ground! They have it in gloss and matte white, along with other colors, if you like.. Great value if you lose a few during the round, but these go as far as any ball I have played. If you are north of a 90 mph swing speed, I might not recommend them, as you might overcompress this ball, being a 35 compression, stated by Maxfli...

Callaway Hex Soft and Hex Diablo are comparable balls. Not saying they are better ...

I'm thinking that there will not be a definitive list of balls that were being manufactured at that plant. Cheaper 2-piece Callaway balls, and assorted DTC so far. I have a decent supply of the Maxfli Softfli, but just to be sure, I might purchase another 4fer deal, which should keep me for a few years...

I will probably be playing this ball for a few years to come, unless I have some sort of revelation in my game! I have confidence in this ball when standing on the tee, or on the fairway. Their value takes the stress out of my game if I happen to lose one or two. Just drop another, and play on. Compares to the Cally SS in every way, which is one of the most popular balls around, besides ProV's.. The new matte yellow is easy to see in the air, or in the fairway, on a bright sunny day. My playing partner commented on that last time out, and he plays Srixon Z-Stars in white, which we had a hard time following once they got up there in the brite sky. Might go restock, since the recent ball plant fire, just to be sure I have plenty for the future.. Still have the 2fer, and 4fer flash sale going on...

I will probably be playing this ball for a few years to come, unless I have some sort of revelation in my game! I have confidence in this ball when standing on the tee, or on the fairway. Their value takes the stress out of my game if I happen to lose one or two. Just drop another, and play on. Compares to the Cally SS in every way, which is one of the most popular balls around, besides ProV's.. The new matte yellow is easy to see in the air, or in the fairway, on a bright sunny day. My playing partner commented on that last time out, and he plays Srixon Z-Stars in white, which we had a hard time following once they got up there in the brite sky. Might go restock, since the recent ball plant fire, just to be sure I have plenty for the future.. Still have the 2fer, and 4fer flash sale going on...
SuperSoft is the most popular ball based on sales.

Ok, now with ole man winter coming down the pike, quite a few threads talking about playing a ball for the cooler weather, or the proverbial "winter ball". So, how about Maxfli Softfli? Plays just like Callaway Supersoft.. Same compression, same type of cover. I have played both balls, and I can't tell them apart. Durability is the same, and distance is good, especially if you have a slower swing speed. And with the Softfli, they ARE a great value, when you buy multiple boxes! This is my gamer year round...

Ok, now with ole man winter coming down the pike, quite a few threads talking about playing a ball for the cooler weather, or the proverbial "winter ball". So, how about Maxfli Softfli? Plays just like Callaway Supersoft.. Same compression, same type of cover. I have played both balls, and I can't tell them apart. Durability is the same, and distance is good, especially if you have a slower swing speed. And with the Softfli, they ARE a great value, when you buy multiple boxes! This is my gamer year round...

How do you like the new ball 23 compared to the prior gen?

Last edited:
With all the leaves on the ground and the muddy course conditions I just swap balls as I'm not playing for money.
Faster to swap balls than to clean them off. Need to get into the routine of properly marking balls on the putting surface.

How do you like the new ball 23 compared to the prior gen?
I like playing this ball. When struck well, with my lower swing speed, this ball does not disappoint. Made for swing speeds, say less than 85 mph, distance is good. I can keep up with most of my playing partners who swing in the 90's, and they play tour type balls. I really do not notice any difference between this year's ball, and prior generations. I do like the new matte yellow, which I currently play. It is very brite, and easy to follow, and to find. Was playing the previous iteration in the matte green, which was also easy to see. Matte covers get dirty easily, but clean up just fine in the ball washer, as long as you don't hit cart paths, or trees, as they do scuff, but playability is not compromised when this happens. This is a value ball, but plays as good as any ball I have previously played. I have not played tour type balls, so my comparision is with other 2-piece value balls. I like the feel, and it has low spin, which can make shots around the green a little more difficult, but this ball will check up on the green, with some roll out. I don't keep a handicap, or play in tournaments. Weekend warrior, that plays, if I'm lucky, a little over a dozen times a year. I can lose a box of balls during a round, or as little as just one. Playing so few times a year, never know which golfer is going to show up, so for me, this ball, with it's low compression, helps to keep me in the fairway more often, and gives me good distance. The rest is up to me, to make a good approach, or chip shot. I like the feel of this ball off my putter. Not clicky, like some balls. Distance control is pretty good with this ball of the putter. With the added value of 2fer/4fer flash sales, this is a good ball for me. I really do like the new yellow matte color...

I went to Golf Galaxy today, they have a SoftFli and Straightfli in "gloss yellow". It's weird, I don't see these on their web sites. I know you're a matte guy. But, these look really good to me.

I went to Golf Galaxy today, they have a SoftFli and Straightfli in "gloss yellow". It's weird, I don't see these on their web sites. I know you're a matte guy. But, these look really good to me.
Didn't know about the gloss yellow!! Might have to try those next season.. I like gloss yellow too! IDK, matte or gloss, I just like a yellow ball...

Has anyone seen the the Maxfli Softfli in "gloss" yellow, besides Carolina Golfer? Have not been to DSG, or GG recently to see if they are available. A lot of this line is based on matte finish, other than the original gloss white. You can even get a matte white, with logos of different kinds. Season is winding down here in the Chicago area. Weather this week has been just beautiful, for the middle of November. 67 today for the high...

Good ball but I can't stand the rubbery feel off the putter. Doesn't even feel like a golf ball to me.
Do you play the Softfli on occasion? I like the feel off the putter, or for that matter, all my clubs. With an 80 mph swing speed off the driver, this ball is in my wheel house. Distance control is not a problem on the green. My Cleveland center shafted putter helps me a lot to be a better putter. 3' to 6' putts are less of a problem than they used to be.

Back