2nd cut up front and 1st cut in the back yesterday. Pulled dandelions for a while today, but looking across the street I feel like Poland in 1939.

20230416_145053.jpg

So I'm getting a dead spot in my lawn presuming because this is where there's a tree stump .. I thought i covered it with 2-3'" of soil but I guess I didn't do enough, so I guess my next step is to have it ground down or dug up, topsoil and seed in the fall :cautious:
20230421_074308.jpg

But got a fresh cut, so many weeds tho. I need to do better preemergent with the fall overseed
20230421_184647.jpg

So I'm getting a dead spot in my lawn presuming because this is where there's a tree stump .. I thought i covered it with 2-3'" of soil but I guess I didn't do enough, so I guess my next step is to have it ground down or dug up, topsoil and seed in the fall :cautious:
View attachment 9173197

But got a fresh cut, so many weeds tho. I need to do better preemergent with the fall overseed
View attachment 9173198
Put down love your soil from jonathan green and magical as well

Put down love your soil from jonathan green and magical as well
Yeah I should probably do a soil test to see where I'm at first too

Mulching done. Did most of it in the rain. Next project for the yard is taking care of the patchy areas of lawn. That one side yard doesn't get a lot of sun.

20230422_131604.jpg20230421_175342.jpg
20230422_131651.jpg

The old Honda push mower received some needed TLC. Standard stuff. Drained gas, oil change, new spark plug and air filter, and replaced the blades. I think I am about 2 weeks out from using it.

Seeing the yard at the new house for the first time (snow is melting). As expected, nicely done landscaping with lots of trees, shrubs, and beds. Although the lot is over 16K sq ft, this will be a piece of cake to mow. At the old house with the acre+ yard, I mowed it myself for the first 7ish years with a riding mower. After that I paid for a yard service. I look forward to doing my own lawn care again. Next up I will pick up an Ego trimmer. I have an Ego leaf blower and snow blower.

Took my shot at a diamond pattern tonight, maybe it'll be more pronounced if it's sunny tomorrow
20230427_182117.jpg

Time for a local version of milogornite in a couple more weeks, should really green it up more after that

This weekend I gave my grass some Humic 12, RGS, and a preventative fungus and grub treatment.

This was after last nights moIMG_6473.jpegw - I’m having to go every 3-4 days currently

Last edited:
I sprayed some chelated iron and disease ex recently, and gave it the last mow before the party tomorrow at 3.5"
20230526_123519.jpg

Can't wait to get some leveling and seeding in the fall, the sprinkler lines, zoysia killing, and brush cleanup has left some not so nice spots

The lawn looked nice for a while before the weeds showed up.
Most folks are too busy looking at the flowers to notice the weeds.
Right now a huge purple rhododendron is in bloom and the roses are starting to bloom.
Over the next few weeks three hundred rose bushes will be in bloom.

Then it will be time for my golfing season to start.

I have a damn jungle growing in my yard and it won't stop raining long enough to mow it.

Front yard is looking good after a rainy spring. Haven't had rain for a while, and some hot Temps coming up so we shall see how long this lush green lasts...

20230528_082449.jpg

Front yard is looking good after a rainy spring. Haven't had rain for a while, and some hot Temps coming up so we shall see how long this lush green lasts...

View attachment 9182543
Mine has already started to look a little less green this week. :(

Next week's heat wave won't be great for the lawn

Mine has already started to look a little less green this week. :(

Next week's heat wave won't be great for the lawn
My backyard is looking like that. Around the house it's good, but farther out already browning a bit.

Having to mow every 4 days at 4" is therapeutic but tiring. Looks like the iron I applied greened it up a bit too
20230531_073715.jpg

Next up is another slow release organic fertilizer, then summer guard when it gets warmer

I'm eagerly awaiting the end of summer, I've already begun figuring what seed I'm going to use for the overseed haha I did Jonathan green black beauty before, but probably will go with GCI TURF Cool Blue

Man we are getting a LOT of rain - Definitely not complaining.

About 1.9" over the past 24 hours.

On the docket for this weekend:
  • Last dose of Pre-Emergent
  • Yard Mastery Stress Blend Fertilizer
  • Hydretain
  • RGS and Humic 12

Man we are getting a LOT of rain - Definitely not complaining.

About 1.9" over the past 24 hours.

On the docket for this weekend:
  • Last dose of Pre-Emergent
  • Yard Mastery Stress Blend Fertilizer
  • Hydretain
  • RGS and Humic 12
Send some our way!

I wish I could store some of this for June / July
We're having a hot, dry spell right now so a little rain would be nice, but totally understand. Spread it out a little bit 🤷‍♂️

Definitely spots in my lawn that didn't come back from last year for some reason Spent the weekend de-weeding and raking and putting down some grass seed and topsoil over it. It has been really dry here in MN with no real relief in sight so watering daily to fun that bill up and bring back the lawn to an acceptable one.

No golf today so it's yard care day. Crisped up the edges and gave the lawn a mow, cleaned up the flower beds, sharpened the mower blades after etc

Anyone good with hostas? I had pretty mature plants that just didn't come back this year
1000006338.jpg
1000006339.jpg

And of course this variety I can't find anywhere locally.. now I wish I just did them all the same variety of the inner ring

It’s been extremely dry here as per the normal rainfall we would see. I finally lowered the blade and cut my 2 really steep hillsides to the point they should just about die. For some that would be considered horrible, but in my world it’s victory. Maybe some more rain will come and I can get the rest of the yard mowed as well

Back