Lamkin UTX Grips Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The year was 2014 and Lamkin Golf made waves throughout the golf industry with the introduction of the UTX grip. In fact, here at THP we were absolutely mesmerized by the grip as it brought cord into the modern day meeting new rubber materials to offer performance in all areas. Then, as time went on, something changed.

Continue reading...

Awesome review @Hawk Nice to hear that Lamkin seems to have gotten this one right.

I think I am going to give the green a try on my next set of irons.

Great article @Hawk . Crazy because I was actually searching for a UTX article here yesterday, so great timing too! I really like the look of the blue, not pictured, and it seems like a really great option. Love this type if grip so next time I need new I'll have to check these out.

Nice to see the UTX go back to what made it great.

Great article @Hawk uTX had fallen off my radar for the very reasons you mentioned in the article. The green colorway was the best of both worlds for me and I was a little sad when the quality started to decline. So much so it pushed me to the GP ZCord on all my clubs which I like, but I am sacrificing some comfort there.

Once it's time to re-grip the clubs, I will look to these to throw on 8i or driver to see if it's worth replacing through the bag.

Colors are fantastic obviously.

Not what I'm looking for in an iron grip but have thrown a couple on driver/long clubs and they seem to perform well.

Glad that color is returning. I'll be looking for them when I next need grips. I prefer color as they are easier to see when you're doing cart path only golf.

UTX has been my go to for numerous years. Have a set of blue ready to go when I get back to playing consistently. Hoping they come out with red again soon.

Well done @Jman. Glad they have made the UTx a UTx again. I stocked up on the originals way back in the day and it’s probably time to add some newer ones.

Good write up @Jman. I have really enjoyed the UTX but not for awhile. Glad to hear they are getting back. May have to find some of the blue ones.

I originally got into the UTX after seeing them on Callaway wedges years ago. At one point they were my grip of choice, and I really liked them.

Then,and I definitely agree, they just didn't feel the same anymore. That combination of grippiness from the cord, and tack from the material, it just fell short from what I wanted.

Just threw one of my original UTX grips on a weighted trainer club I have, and man it feels good.

Definitely great to hear they are coming back cloaer to the original iteration! The real question is, are they good enough to put on an entire Grandaddy bag next month?

Nice write up @Jman , I remember going with the UTX for my 2019 Morgan Cup clubs and being a bit upset that they lacked any cord. Glad this release is going back to its roots, and they look fantastic.

Nice write up @Jman , I remember going with the UTX for my 2019 Morgan Cup clubs and being a bit upset that they lacked any cord. Glad this release is going back to its roots, and they look fantastic.
Well, along that time they did also release a non-corded version for companies. But, that was also the realm where the corded version was neutered, and that was indeed a sad time.

These, these are the way UTX once was and should be forevermore. So so so good. Though I do wish they’d brought back the original red/blue and blue/red combos.

I have played the utx snd enjoyed them. This grip is one I like.

I've got these new UTX on my clubs currently, love love love them.

I love the UTx grips. I recently regripped a set of irons with them. These will be my go-to grips again.

One of my favorite grips, I still have a few in my closet from one of the original lines that I've been hoarding. Awesome to hear that the quality is back.

These have become my favorite grips. Love the feel

These were my grip of choice when they first came out, then they changed to a firmer feel and lost me.
If they are now back to the original feel, which I though was a great combo of rubber tacky and cord feel, I'll check the out again.
The last set I had got slick fast and were too firm.

Going to add a set of these in green mid-sized to the Christmas list.

I absolutely LOVE that that UTx is back! I completely agree with your assessment. They were so good initially then something changed and they were not. I will be getting my hands on some blue ones in the future.

I absolutely LOVE that that UTx is back! I completely agree with your assessment. They were so good initially then something changed and they were not. I will be getting my hands on some blue ones in the future.
These are straight up as good as the original, thank goodness.

Back