Kentwool Kickoff Classic - Travel & Extra Rounds thread

First post updated with everything I caught as of now. Let me know of adds/changes.
I'm in for Friday's round as well ?

First post updated with everything I caught as of now. Let me know of adds/changes.

c7eec34e2496c800664a5a6215f63563.jpg

Any room in the rental among the 9:00 hour arrivals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnSinVA: I think dhartmann34 is setting up the rental car, believe we have a full size which I believes maxes us out at 3 people given the travel cases, etc. We discussed an SUV but even that split amongst 5 people would triple the cost per person.

I would guess that someone else will also chime in soon needing to do a rental or you may even get lucky and bum a free ride. Let's see how things shake out heading into next week when more folks really look at the travel situation post Christmas and go from there. It'll work out one way or another, no worries there.

Understand and agree. I think tee times need to 12:30 at latest to allow for ample time and hopefully close to (if not at) where we are staying to eliminate any driving time after round.

Cookie, I agree, just remember that if you have 4-6 groups going off, the last group is going to go off an hour after the first group.

Cookie, I agree, just remember that if you have 4-6 groups going off, the last group is going to go off an hour after the first group.

Absolutely, I adjusted first post to say 11:30 - 12:30. Looks like a bunch are driving in and then the airport arrivals at 9:30 should leave by 10 or 10:15 at latest which puts us arriving by 10:45-11:00 at Grand National. Should workout okay me thinks as long as we don't have difficulty getting out of the ATL airport.

c7eec34e2496c800664a5a6215f63563.jpg

Any room in the rental among the 9:00 hour arrivals?

I'm sure we can do 4! Let's see what we come up with rental wise and get it figured out ?

I was hoping to squeeze in the extra round, but it looks like I am not going to be able to take the day off. I can leave early, but even with it being 2 hours I would not be able to get in enough time before having to hit the road.

I'm sure we can do 4! Let's see what we come up with rental wise and get it figured out

I'll look at Costco and see what I can drum up there.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I was curious if anybody coming to this event played at the Muscle Shoals outing a few years back? That was my first event and I was really fresh to the forum then. I remember meeting Mojo there but that's about it for people in this event. It's been so long the only other I can remember were Michigan Slice, BigTazz, and Franklin51.

I'm getting in at 11 pm Thursday night. For anyone else is getting in late Thursday, are you planning on staying near the airport or driving?

I was thinking about driving Thursday night since it'll only be 8 pm AZ time when I land. But I'd rather carpool, so if no one wants to make the drive Thursday night, I'll probably get a room and carpool with the group of people flying Friday morning.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I'm getting in at 11 pm Thursday night. For anyone else is getting in late Thursday, are you planning on staying near the airport or driving?

I was thinking about driving Thursday night since it'll only be 8 pm AZ time when I land. But I'd rather carpool, so if no one wants to make the drive Thursday night, I'll probably get a room and carpool with the group of people flying Friday morning.

I might be available for that,

I'll probably head back to the ATL area on Sunday night.

Cookie, please add me for the Friday round

I think may be too early, but is anyone looking to play a Monday morning round prior to leaving?

JM

I might be available for that,

I'll probably head back to the ATL area on Sunday night.

I'm coming in Thursday afternoon and would be down with sharing and such.

rtj%20flights_zpsubra2kgh.jpg

I'm coming in Thursday afternoon and would be down with sharing and such.

rtj%20flights_zpsubra2kgh.jpg

Bring cheesesteaks. I'll have one for breakfast Friday morning.

Add me to the practice round Friday please, #cookie

I'm curious if we'll play the short course as part of the event? If not, I may play there as my Friday practice round so I don't have to leave so early on Friday to make a noonish tee time.

I'm curious if we'll play the short course as part of the event? If not, I may play there as my Friday practice round so I don't have to leave so early on Friday to make a noonish tee time.

I am assuming no and I was planning on play that friday as well. But I could be wrong, JB may want us on the short course.

I am assuming no and I was planning on play that friday as well. But I could be wrong, JB may want us on the short course.

I kinda doubt it too so I definitely want to hit it up while I'm there. Can't drive that far and not play all the courses. Besides, short courses are really fun. Short course rounds always seem a little more laid back.

I honestly don't care where we play, since it's with THPers, I'll play anywhere!!!

I kinda doubt it too so I definitely want to hit it up while I'm there. Can't drive that far and not play all the courses. Besides, short courses are really fun. Short course rounds always seem a little more laid back.

This short is a gem probably the best I have ever seen, maybe not Augusta par 3 but pretty darn close.

I'll be headed back to ATL Sunday night if anyone needs a ride back to the airport.

This was going to be my plan, as well. Drive over, catch up with everyone that's there, hit the short course and have a freaking blast, do some 'short' work, and be ready for the weekend.

Back