Kentwool Kickoff Classic - Travel & Extra Rounds thread

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Let's use this thread to discuss travel plans and extra rounds for the Kentool Classic which is already less than 2 months away. I'll update the first post (as needed) to keep things organized and easy to reference.

ATL to ALA ride sharing w/time
Girardcorp (9:00AM)
#Cookie (9:30AM)
Dhartmann34 (9:00AM)
JohnSinVA (9:00AM)
Above 4 sharing rental car

12:30AM Friday ride sharing
brianmk24
IceyShanks
tanker337

Friday practice round
Alabama - Grand National (pending help from 441) - 11:30 to 12:30 tee times

T0AD

Confirmed groups below

11:00 Lakes Course
Spicoli
e1iterate
Chump Fries
Mojo

12:10 Lakes Course
tanker337
dhartmann34
brianmk24
Willwhite

12:20 Lakes Course
Tadashi
War Eagle
mmaynard

12:30 Lakes Course
#Cookie
Girardcorp
IceyShanks
JohnSinVA

12:40 Lakes Course
soxfan
jhoefer99
OITW
amsmith61

Last edited:
I will be arriving Friday at 9:30 AM into ATL and flying out at 7:20 PM Sunday. Looking to bum a ride or split rental car/van with someone.

Also interested in playing a round on Friday in Alabama. Since we gain an hour heading into Alabama and have a 90 minute or so drive that something in the 11:30 range should be doable for those flying in before 10AM on Friday.

I'm planning on arriving late Thursday and playing Friday, and possibly and early round on Monday before heading back.
JM

Put me down for a round Friday around noon. Should arrive by 11.

I'll be arriving in Atlanta about 9:05. I'd be up for the early round and potentially ride share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can also check Costco travel for rental pricing.

I fly in at 9am into ATL on Friday and out at 8:15pm on Sunday night.

I am interested in a practice round on Friday as well.

Extra rounds are likely out for me, just a busy time at work. Put me down as being able to offer ride share from/to ATL airport and the event site though. Figure I'll head Alabama way sometime mid afternoon Friday.

I fly in at 9am into ATL on Friday and out at 8:15pm on Sunday night.

I am interested in a practice round on Friday as well.

You in need of help getting to/from also?

I'm not entirely sure what my plans are but I'm wanting to play a Friday practice round. I think I'm driving after work on Thursday--would possibly be able to pick someone up from ATL if they are coming in that night.

I'm looking at an 8 am arrival in ATL. If anyone has room I would be grateful if I could join you.

I could swing through ATL and give someone a ride, it only adds about 30 min to my ride and I would be glad to do that for someone. I could squeeze 2 more bags in the trunk and that would save a couple of folks having to rent. I don't plan to play an extra round right now as I am not sure how the back will be right then, I have been able to play 2 straight days recently with the pain meds but 3 give me trouble. PM me if one or 2 of you would like for me to pick you up and I will be glad to swing by.

Also even though I am not playing the extra round if most of you are like me and enjoy playing different courses when you travel, Auburn Links at Mill Creek is a fun track and was in great shape the last time I played there ( about 4 years ago ). As this gets closer I may jump in for the extra round as I am having another procedure on my back in late January or early Feb. Hopefully I will jump in then.

Since some are headed in and already have travel arranged, please just state if you want to be included in the rental arrangements and I'll add that info to the first post.

If I fail to see something, please just call it out and state what/where you need to be in the first post.

I'll be flying direct into Birmingham on Friday. I get in at 830am I believe. So I'm down with the golf on friday

I am flying into Atlanta and arriving at 9:20. Count me in for a practice round on Friday.

I'm down for Friday practice round

Count me in for the practice round. I'll be getting into Alabama Thursday night, headed back to ATL Sunday night.

Has anyone done any research into any other golf courses in the area worth playing?

As of now, I don't see why I can't make a practice round happen. I'm only two hours away, due west from me, practically.

I'm pretty sure I'll be flying into ATL late Thursday night and catching an early Monday morning flight back.
If that holds, I'm in for an extra round on Friday.

I'm pretty sure I'll be flying into ATL late Thursday night and catching an early Monday morning flight back.
If that holds, I'm in for an extra round on Friday.
My flight gets into ATL at like 12:30 am on Friday

I could swing through ATL and give someone a ride, it only adds about 30 min to my ride and I would be glad to do that for someone. I could squeeze 2 more bags in the trunk and that would save a couple of folks having to rent. I don't plan to play an extra round right now as I am not sure how the back will be right then, I have been able to play 2 straight days recently with the pain meds but 3 give me trouble. PM me if one or 2 of you would like for me to pick you up and I will be glad to swing by.

Also even though I am not playing the extra round if most of you are like me and enjoy playing different courses when you travel, Auburn Links at Mill Creek is a fun track and was in great shape the last time I played there ( about 4 years ago ). As this gets closer I may jump in for the extra round as I am having another procedure on my back in late January or early Feb. Hopefully I will jump in then.

Has anyone done any research into any other golf courses in the area worth playing?

If it is still as good as I remember it is worth playing, not as nice at the RTJ courses of course but a good track.

Put me down for an extra Friday round please

Since some are headed in and already have travel arranged, please just state if you want to be included in the rental arrangements and I'll add that info to the first post.

If I fail to see something, please just call it out and state what/where you need to be in the first post.

I would like to be included in the rental arrangements and the practice round.

Please. {Edit because I forgot my manners :( }

Back