Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

Well, AZ #3 lived up to the hype and continues to deliver each and every year! So much fun. I'll be honest, THP has served many things for me over the years, from being in major events to meeting some pretty cool people that are still my friends today to now getting to hang with you guys at least once a year. Thank you boys for having the best THP state group going for many years now. All you guys are a BIG reason I still come back here and partake. Let's do it again!!

Finally made it to the airport after getting drunk in downtown Phoenix last night and missing my original flight.. what a weekend. Gutted it’s over but looking forward to the next one!
Why am I not surprised

I’ll echo @Jank and @Nate comments. The AZTHP crew knows how to roll out the red carpet. I’m glad this one fit the schedule and hopefully next year I get to do it all over again. I won’t name any names at the risk of forgetting someone, but each and every AZ THPer are amazing and bring their unique style to the group. It’s a rag tag group of vagabonds with eclectic taste. The various walks of life covered is pretty cool to see and without THP none of us ever get to experience true friendship.

THP is amazing and offers something for everyone if you leave the ego at the door and just have fun.

Thanks again and the invitation is open for anyone visiting the Houston area, you’ve got friend who will help make your trip fun.

Alright, I'm somewhat recovered from travel, was a late night Sunday and into Monday morning, so I took yesterday off to catch up on sleep play another round of golf. If you'd told me 2 1/2 years or so ago that I'd be flying to meet up with a bunch of guys I met on internet golf trips/in passing/or not at all, I'd probably just have laughed and said "Sure". As it turns out, I ended up flying out to meet up with a bunch of people who feel much more like family - it was awesome to see some familiar faces and to finally meet and put names on new ones. I needed a little break/reset/whatever you want to call it, and despite not getting a whole lot of rest OR recovery, I'm feeling today like there's a lot more gas in the tank than there was last week. Thanks to the AZTHP crew, and to all of you guys for the hospitality, the conversations, the laughs, and for sending me back up North cash-poor and smile-rich. Appreciate you guys, and I hope I can fit this into the schedule again next year.

JankFest skins are paid out. @ryang13 , shoot me an IM so we can figure out how you can collect your winnings.

Slept for 11 hours straight last night. Can’t remember the last time that happened.

It's been a long day and I have to get up early, but I'm going to take a few minutes and throw some actions shots in here from the weekend before I retire for the evening.
DSC_4553.JPG
#WeKoPa

DSC_4198.JPG
@BigMac (one of the nicest guys whom I have ever met)

DSC_4326.JPG
DSC_4380.JPG
From this point forward @BigDill shall be referred to as "Doctor Smooth"

DSC_4423.JPG
I have no words

(great timing on the shutter release whomever was behind the lens!)

DSC_4614.JPG
@robrandalgz Words cannot describe the energy of this man. He's just good people

These are incredible pics

Alright, I'm somewhat recovered from travel, was a late night Sunday and into Monday morning, so I took yesterday off to catch up on sleep play another round of golf. If you'd told me 2 1/2 years or so ago that I'd be flying to meet up with a bunch of guys I met on internet golf trips/in passing/or not at all, I'd probably just have laughed and said "Sure". As it turns out, I ended up flying out to meet up with a bunch of people who feel much more like family - it was awesome to see some familiar faces and to finally meet and put names on new ones. I needed a little break/reset/whatever you want to call it, and despite not getting a whole lot of rest OR recovery, I'm feeling today like there's a lot more gas in the tank than there was last week. Thanks to the AZTHP crew, and to all of you guys for the hospitality, the conversations, the laughs, and for sending me back up North cash-poor and smile-rich. Appreciate you guys, and I hope I can fit this into the schedule again next year.
it was a pleasure meeting you! And tee it up. fun weekend. I was draggin on Monday!

And of course I would be a Richard if I didn't take a moment to thank all of those that made this whole shindig come together; I know that I'm going to miss someone and I apologize in advance for that.

@Jank and @Nate of course for being the title sponsors and the pair that got this little tradition started a few years ago.
@Wildcat for quarterbacking the arrangements at WeKoPa (and in advance for hosting all 29 of us at your place in 2025)
@mtbloco for arranging the Friday round and introducing me to Twin Peaks afterwards
@Roadrunner for organizing skins
@Browndog for being my cartner at Grayhawk and receiving a shipment for me
@BigDill and @checkered for accompanying me for a round at Grayhawk
@BigMac for being my cartner on Saturday
@robrandalgz for being my cartner on Sunday and receiving a shipment for me

For those that I met for the first time I hope that it is not the last and for those I got to see again it was just as fun as the first. Looking forward to the 2025 edition!

These are incredible pics
I'm pretty certain I have some more from Friday's round, I just grabbed a bunch quickly while I was waiting for the flight Sunday night.

I also plan on doing a full course feature starting on the weekend.

@Junkyard is a shutter bug's shutter bug. That dude doesn't miss an opportunity to grab a pic of a unique view or natural beauty. He's got that camera snapping all day long. The cool thing about it is that he doesn't hold things up in the process. I wouldn't be surprised if he snapped 100 pictures during our round on Sunday. He MAY have added a total of 4 minutes to the round for his trouble......MAYBE. He's got some desert golf memories saved forever though. Small price to pay. Thanks for documenting, brother.

Oh, and @cbq1988 is one of my new spirit animals. That dude just loves to have a good time and a better conversation. Hope to see him again next year.

Back