Jank+Nate-Fest 2024 (April 2024 in PHX)

Will look forward to further comments about Southern Dunes. One of my favorite courses in the area.
I really enjoyed it. It's certainly a course where you would score better having played it a couple of times, but as you guys have indicated in the AZ thread it's a very under-rated course. Even the two guys I was paired up with, when we were talking about what courses I was going to be playing they said that exact same thing about SD.

If you had told me I was going to play SD for my second round of the year, finish 18 with the same golf ball and shoot 89 while doing so I would have laughed you out of the room.

I think if they did a few small things visually it would be a killer course. But I also don't know the standard for this area so it may already be a notch above standard.

Now going in search of food and a drink. Possibly a golf store too

I really enjoyed it. It's certainly a course where you would score better having played it a couple of times, but as you guys have indicated in the AZ thread it's a very under-rated course. Even the two guys I was paired up with, when we were talking about what courses I was going to be playing they said that exact same thing about SD.

If you had told me I was going to play SD for my second round of the year, finish 18 with the same golf ball and shoot 89 while doing so I would have laughed you out of the room.

I think if they did a few small things visually it would be a killer course. But I also don't know the standard for this area so it may already be a notch above standard.
Nice. Making it around that course with the same ball is not easy. There are some tricks to the trade of that course and some lines you would not expect. I wouldn't call it under-rated as it is generally considered in the top 3 public courses in the Phoenix area. It does host US Open qualifying so it can be a pretty nasty test from the tips and with the greens sped up.

I am packed other than a couple of cables. Got an early drive to the airport in the morning, but should be good. Excited to get down there tomorrow.

I’m playing with @Nate and @sweetnlow on Saturday. I’m not sure my fragile golf psyche can handle watching them outhit my drives with a 5 iron 🤣
It’s pretty humbling when they’re clubbing down off the tee on a par 4 and I’m hitting driver for all I’m worth - and still short of them. 😆

It’s pretty humbling when they’re clubbing down off the tee on a par 4 and I’m hitting driver for all I’m worth - and still short of them. 😆
its great though, when I hit a perfect drive.....AND.....they miss hit. So I can yell, look at that super walmart between your ball and mine.

(normally the gap....if it were to happen like above....is 2 inches.)

I am packed other than a couple of cables. Got an early drive to the airport in the morning, but should be good. Excited to get down there tomorrow.
Looking forward to meeting you in person!

We caught up to the group ahead on 14? tee which was a 290 yard par 4. The one guy turns around and says 'have you guys played here before?' to which Mark replied that he had.
'Do you go for it?' was the guy's next question. 'It depends' I chimed in. 'Can you fly it 268 and stop it under 275? Because that looks to be what's required if you're going to try'
He laid up with an iron :ROFLMAO:

Made it!

All checked in at We Ko Pa!!

Got my clubs. Headed back to the car to park and up to the room.

I’m tired.

@Junkyard and I have an early tee time.

We caught up to the group ahead on 14? tee which was a 290 yard par 4. The one guy turns around and says 'have you guys played here before?' to which Mark replied that he had.
'Do you go for it?' was the guy's next question. 'It depends' I chimed in. 'Can you fly it 268 and stop it under 275? Because that looks to be what's required if you're going to try'
He laid up with an iron :ROFLMAO:
I go for it every time. Lots of scores....

Up and at em. About to get on the road to seatac.

I am about to board. Up at 4:45, forgot my airpods and for some reason didn’t have pre-check marked on my boarding pass. I am a mess lately.

I am about to board. Up at 4:45, forgot my airpods and for some reason didn’t have pre-check marked on my boarding pass. I am a mess lately.
We'll fix you up when you get here.

Safe travels everyone!

Despite going to bed at around midnight my time, was up and at’em at 6:30 my time like usual.

Been killing time waiting to head over to play at Grey Hawk. Showered, shaved, dressed and ready.

Have had my coffee. Will stop somewhere and get a bite to eat on the way.

Is it too early to be wanting an airport beer? 😂 .....20 minutes.

One more day...

Also anyone in the group play Callaway CSX golf balls?

Is it too early to be wanting an airport beer? 😂 .....20 minutes.

Of course not!

Signed,
Someone who will be in the same position in 24 hours

1000012210.jpg

Space Dust IPA.

Is that our first official beer pic???

Have a great weekend everyone and safe travels!

Back