I honestly really dig that the stuff is like 15-30 seconds long, and just sort of one thought.

My mind can't handle long drawn out explanations on golf anymore. I just zone out.

I don’t IG, but was able to watch a few. Meat and taters and to the point. Pretty good stuff. Beats the hell out of “Hello, I’m Joe Golfteacher and I’m here at Sucksalot Country Club and we’re going to be talking about some of the things that you can do to improve your game. Many golfers have a problem with releasing the club too early and today I hope to help you. We’ll first start with a 7 iron because that’s kind of in the middle of the bag. It’s the one that comes after #6 but before #8. Now keep in mind that not everyone hits their 7 iron the same distance and that can be for a lot of reasons. There are different shaft options and loft options that you can get. I recommend that you take this into consideration when you’re selecting your next set of irons because it’s not just one size fits all. You can also get different grip sizes that might affect your golf swing. There are lots of things that can affect your swing. Ok. No we’re going to walk over to the driving range area indicated here by these ropes and bag stands. Some bags have a built in bag stand and you won’t need to use the bag stand provided. Don’t move it, just place your bag behind it so that the rest of your clubs and your towel can be accessed conveniently to wipe debris from the club face. 😴😴😴😴

Love jakes stuff. Easy to understand, based largely on Tyler ferrells GSA.

I stumbled on some of his downswing videos. I tried one and it seems to work and takes like a lot of thinking out of swinging. Get to the top of the backswing and throw the club away from the target. Sounds crazy but works.

I stumbled on some of his downswing videos. I tried one and it seems to work and takes like a lot of thinking out of swinging. Get to the top of the backswing and throw the club away from the target. Sounds crazy but works.
Yep. This is one of the things I have incorporated into my swing. Completely eliminated swing thoughts and kept them to a minimum. Still not there but it is helpful and really keeps most of my thoughts to set up and takeoff and then not having to think the rest of swing.

Follow him on IG great info. Very to the point.

I'm sitting at my desk at work now. Imagine how silly I look trying to figure out what that means. Maybe I should check out the vid when I get home. People might start to think I'm ready for the loony bin.

I'm sitting at my desk at work now. Imagine how silly I look trying to figure out what that means. Maybe I should check out the vid when I get home. People might start to think I'm ready for the loony bin.
It is wild when I saw the video, let me know what you think.

It is wild when I saw the video, let me know what you think.
Oh, dear Lord no. That’s not gonna work for me. I already struggle with casting and that makes it so much worse with an obvious outside-in path. His older video where he changes his idea of away from the target from 3 o’clock to 4:30ish makes more sense. Some of his stuff seems okay, but his replies on the footwork ones are less than helpful. Probably a good follow for the things he can explain well in a jingle but not someone I’d swear by wholesale.

I like guys who teach multiple swings for multiple body types. Anyone who tries to do a one size fits all looses me. But I like the guy he is funny and chill, just don't follow his advice all that much.

Oh, dear Lord no. That’s not gonna work for me. I already struggle with casting and that makes it so much worse with an obvious outside-in path. His older video where he changes his idea of away from the target from 3 o’clock to 4:30ish makes more sense. Some of his stuff seems okay, but his replies on the footwork ones are less than helpful. Probably a good follow for the things he can explain well in a jingle but not someone I’d swear by wholesale.
If it’s going outside in, you’re throwing it at the ball/target from the top. And the “throw” is a feel.

As for the groundwork vids, it’s all proven things that work, it’s a simple and fun way to learn about ground force.

I like guys who teach multiple swings for multiple body types. Anyone who tries to do a one size fits all looses me. But I like the guy he is funny and chill, just don't follow his advice all that much.
Is he teaching one size fits all? Or is he explaining parts of the swing that can be applied to anyone’s own swing…

Is he teaching one size fits all? Or is he explaining parts of the swing that can be applied to anyone’s own swing…
Jake teaches a lot of "feels" and that's quite digestible. I like his stuff. The problem I have with his stuff, for my game, is the frequency he puts out content and that it's really easy to start to tinker with those new feels and then I start playing "golf swing" and trying 27 new thoughts.

I like Jake's stuff, I just need to be diligent to not immediately start trying it.

the second; he’s a match up guy. A lot of jakes videos include multiple feels or takes depending on your swing preferences, “if you do X, do Y.”

the second; he’s a match up guy. A lot of jakes videos include multiple feels or takes depending on your swing preferences, “if you do X, do Y.”
Oh I know, it was more a rhetorical for the statements about him being one size fits all. He’s definitely not.

His story today/last night was a great explanation of ground force as well as feels and friction.

Ok this guys pretty funny and I like it!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I used the feel of twisting my feet closed that he raps about today and holy ****! I fight a lunge intermixed with spinning out when I really try to lead with my hips, but this synced everything up for me. It was only one round, so time will tell, but it's probably the best I've swung my clubs all year.

His explanations of friction and ground force brought my game back out of the darkness after being hyper focused on forcing my hips open for months which had me ready to quit.
Same… watching his ground force video about pushing your feet closed was a giant burning lightbulb for me as well. Sometimes we all can use a fun digestible ‘quick tip’ to get back on track.

The important question though, is does he make his own beats?

If it’s going outside in, you’re throwing it at the ball/target from the top. And the “throw” is a feel.

As for the groundwork vids, it’s all proven things that work, it’s a simple and fun way to learn about ground force.
Feel instruction usually messes me up. I take things way too literally most of the time. I pulled an old paper bag out and copied the motion trying unsuccessfully to understand closing the feet. He had a different video that explained it more literally and I got that one. He’s fun to watch though.

• On Fire
Reactions: Bus
People will laugh, but his way with simplistic instruction has brought my swing out of a REALLY dark place.

I tried his "3 swings" thing the other day, how to think of the swing based on 2 feet together, front foot back, or trail foot back.

My goodness I thought i was going to fall on my face on anything but feet together.

People will laugh, but his way with simplistic instruction has brought my swing out of a REALLY dark place.
Same, I now have hope again! Still just 2 rounds in at this point, but so promising. Can't wait to get to the range today to work in it a little.

Back