Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Some will surely not be a fan because he’s modern/young, but in my humble opinion no one out there other than AMG is as digestible and beneficial as what Jake Hutt is doing as an instructor on social media.

I've been following him for a bit. Decent tips, easily digestible as noted. I dig what he's doing with the mobile van too. Feels like a lot of his stuff lines up with Monte Scheinblum's long-time teaching, which I think is a good thing.

I don't have a problem with modern and young, i have a problem with people too full of snake oil.

From watching him for the last 3 minutes since i can't log in he sends fun.

• Staff
I don't have a problem with modern and young, i have a problem with people too full of snake oil.

From watching him for the last 3 minutes since i can't log in he sends fun.
He’s not snake oil, he’s simple, which is refreshing. Not stuck in some of the trends out there which aren’t even physically possible for the best athletes let alone us 🤣

• Staff
I've been following him for a bit. Decent tips, easily digestible as noted. I dig what he's doing with the mobile van too. Feels like a lot of his stuff lines up with Monte Scheinblum's long-time teaching, which I think is a good thing.
I agree on that last part, both counts.

• Staff
I kind of judge people on whether they like him or not. 😆

If they do, I can pretty much guarantee we'll have fun playing a round of golf.

He’s a fun follow on IG, and would probably be great to take a lesson from.

Fun follow. Quick, easily digestible stuff that works.

Someone posted a video of his in the past or liked it on Instagram. It was about how you plane your feet and what you think you are doing versus what you should be. It seemed super counter-intuitive but it has helped my lower body. I like his stuff very much. Dumbs it down for a dummy like me.

I really enjoy his content

I actually just started subscribing to him yesterday. As much as I prefer some longer format stuff (Chris Ryan), I enjoy how straight forward his stuff is, and being catchy is easier to remember.

Simple stuff, not anything that needs a 25 minute intro, but definitely a ton of stuff I want to incorporate.
The K and X with the irons (short and long) and I was like wtf, thats so simple.

🤨

I actually just started subscribing to him yesterday. As much as I prefer some longer format stuff (Chris Ryan), I enjoy how straight forward his stuff is, and being catchy is easier to remember.

Simple stuff, not anything that needs a 25 minute intro, but definitely a ton of stuff I want to incorporate.
The K and X with the irons (short and long) and I was like wtf, thats so simple.
Right??

He put out a video months ago that I saw come back around regarding rotating your hips, and how it’s more a feeling of twisting your feet closed than spinning your hips.

I cannot wrap my head around this concept. Feels like you’re gonna absolutely blow out your ACL doing that, but I acknowledge feel isn’t at all real.

- currently logging into IG to take a look as I've not heard of this gent...

I have never heard of him 🤷‍♂️ Do I need to check his stuff out?

I have never heard of him 🤷‍♂️ Do I need to check his stuff out?
Only if you like fun, easy, effective instruction that isn’t stuck on “trends”.

i think he's super talented in making concepts extremely simple and digestible, while making it fun. truth be told i've never actually tried anything from his videos, but i think most everything he puts out is technically on point. also those are some sick jams he creates!

Only if you like fun, easy, effective instruction that isn’t stuck on “trends”.
I don't really watch much instruction other than one guy I seem to come across often that I like.

I don't really watch much instruction other than one guy I seem to come across often that I like.
Think of these are bite sized morsels of simple and proven instruction

i think he's super talented in making concepts extremely simple and digestible, while making it fun. truth be told i've never actually tried anything from his videos, but i think most everything he puts out is technically on point. also those are some sick jams he creates!
His explanations of friction and ground force brought my game back out of the darkness after being hyper focused on forcing my hips open for months which had me ready to quit.

Back