isolate radial/ulnar release

Could not be more wrong. Supinstion and pronation are forearm rotation. Might be Why i used that kind of words To avoid stupid people like you…

You must have come from another golf forum. We don't do that around here.

Could not be more wrong. Supinstion …
"Supinstion?" Dunno what that is. Please to be educating me?

Might be Why i used that kind of words To avoid stupid people like you…
This will go well :ROFLMAO:

Btw, OP: An HC of 9 is not a "scratch" golfer.

Last edited:
Could not be more wrong. Supinstion and pronation are forearm rotation. Might be Why i used that kind of words To avoid stupid people like you…

Last edited:
The OP states his "path is natural from the inside." Would that not promote an inside-to-out swing, thus promoting his most common miss: To the left. Solution, ISTM, is fix the path?

IIUC: One cannot fix an in-to-out or out-to-in swing by manipulating the club face. You'll still swipe across the ball at impact, which means you'll still impart unwanted spin to it. ISTM that means by manipulating the club face you may be able to get the ball going in the direction you want off the face, but it's still going to eventually head in the direction you don't want.

In fact: In my first lessons, I was having this exact problem, only I was coming in OTT. Thus anything from a strong fade to a down-right slice. Instructor suggested I try closing the club face. Sure enough: The ball would come off the face headed a bit left, then away it'd go to the right. (Why he did not recognize what was actually going on and have me fix it, well...)
The actual issue is his overly strong grip. That's the cause of the problem but he doesn't want to fix that. Lots of pros have very strong grips, but they overcompensate by being VERY aggressive with their lower half (think Dustin Johnson) and play a predominant fade. They basically try to spin out which puts the left to right spin on the ball. That's my understanding at least.

You must have come from another golf forum. We don't do that around here.

but its okay to make fun of my spelling and question? Thought this thread was about swingquestions? Buti was wrong. Only know-it-alls in Here i guess

You just proved my point.I feel sorry for slow minds like you

You just proved my point.I feel sorry for slow minds like you

Thought it was a “look at me” kinda thread, reckon I was right.

Bye Felicia….

If it was a ”look at me” thread i Would post a video of my swing? Showing 190+ ballspeed. But DId i?

but its okay to make fun of my spelling and question? Thought this thread was about swingquestions? Buti was wrong. Only know-it-alls in Here i guess
Alright, let's play along. Having more ulnar deviation should put the toe down, which should help with the lefts. With as strong of a grip as you say you have, I would assume left wrist flexion, right wrist extension, would be a better way to envision the feeling.

Let's try to return to this to a civil conversation. The THP Way is a simple thing, just treat others the way you would want to be treated and some in here are really quick to jump on people for no reason. Just be nice. Its not a really hard task.

but its okay to make fun of my spelling ...
It was a reaction to your response to @blugold. Yes: It was a cheap shot. I apologize to both you, for the cheap shot, and the forum, for aggravating something that was already heading south.

when i look at video. My hips are way before arms/hands. Should not be problem. But ill try it out tonight 👌Thanks!

I acutally hold my hand quite weak. Adding pressure inwards with my hands. I really like that. Think most people Would benefit from that

Ouch...

The actual issue is his overly strong grip. That's the cause of the problem but he doesn't want to fix that. Lots of pros have very strong grips, but they overcompensate by being VERY aggressive with their lower half (think Dustin Johnson) and play a predominant fade. They basically try to spin out which puts the left to right spin on the ball. That's my understanding at least.
This is what I have worked on with my pro. I was sick of the hard lefts. Now, I set up a little open and still try to aggressively start down with the hips. Dustin Johnson was the example brought up too.

This is what I have worked on with my pro. I was sick of the hard lefts. Now, I set up a little open and still try to aggressively start down with the hips. Dustin Johnson was the example brought up too.
I haven't had the cojones to do it on the course, but if I get the lefts on the range, I will just try and hit hard rights. Almost always is the feeling of spinning the body way out left and leaving the back of my hand towards the target longer.

Unorthodox Lane exchange!

Work on tempo. Maintain tempo and the swing won't change from shot to shot.

might be on to something Here. I try to not spin out cause thats been a big issue before. But many times when i really want to punch a shot. I hit it very well. Then my hips often moves very Quick with a bit slower arms.

I'm just beginning the down-swing portion of my swing training. The impression I'm getting is where they're heading is the down-swing must be initiated by the feet--from the ground up. Feet/legs, hips, torso--then arms mostly just follow.

FWIW: Year-before-last, during one game, I tried swinging my driver differently than I had. I don't know what got this into my head, much less how I possibly managed to "just do it," but for that and the next 5-6 holes I'd never hit the driver so well, or so consistently, ever before. It was magic. Sadly: I could not seem to translate that to my irons, I soon lost what I'd accidentally discovered, and could not figure out how to get it back.

What I do recall was the feeling I had was I'd been "swinging" my butt toward the target on my back-swing, and back away from the target on the down-swing.

Now, in swing training, I'm thinking I'd inadvertently discovered how to drive my swing up from my feet. But, since I didn't really understand what I was doing at the time, I lost it again.

Hogan describes the correct action for the hands and that supination of the leading wrist is something many golfers don’t get right.

2C75F95E-E477-4DFD-BCD2-49100C49E36C.pngC2C168D1-0354-4CC3-88A4-4E4C753BE286.jpeg

You need to update your profile info it says you’re off 9…

You didnt mention your right hand grip…does that match the strong nature of your left hand?
I recently had a lesson with Terry Rowles and he was pretty focused on my right hand grip and getting it in a super weak position with a strong left hand. Wring the towel type feel.
He had me swing a Garsen grip on an 8 iron to get a feel for a strong left hand and a really weak right.

Perhaps something to look into….
Someone posted a really good Padraig Harrington video recently talking about this type of grip to eliminate left misses. Strong left, weak right.

Someone posted a really good Padraig Harrington video recently talking about this type of grip to eliminate left misses. Strong left, weak right.

this is what works the best for me. Yesterday and today i hit the ball very well. Used me regular strong lefthand, hinging radial/ulnar. With right hand weak hinging flexion/extension. Feels very secure. Try it out 😀👌

Attachments

• E5FBA6A5-902D-46B1-B5F8-1DEC6EECAB2A.jpeg
    E5FBA6A5-902D-46B1-B5F8-1DEC6EECAB2A.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
  • F6250711-23BE-439C-AE5E-9F3DD99D1204.jpeg
    F6250711-23BE-439C-AE5E-9F3DD99D1204.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 0
With a really strong left hand grip you have to rotate the body hard left. Think Paul Azinger. Any manipulation with the hands, arms will otherwise shut the club and hello left.

this is what works the best for me. Yesterday and today i hit the ball very well. Used me regular strong lefthand, hinging radial/ulnar. With right hand weak hinging flexion/extension. Feels very secure. Try it out 😀👌
silly me, I was under the impression that's what everyone touted.
where the "waiter's tray" comes from

Hi, im a scratch golfer, having inconsistancy issues regarding direction. I fight a left miss. My path is natural from the inside. I work as a fitter using trackman, so i understand the numbers and why i hit a pull etc.

I use a strong left hand grip, i can see 4-5 knuckles. This feels most comfortable for me. I understand that a normal release is a blend with radial/ulnar/flexion/extension.

To fight my left miss, would it be best to only use radial/ulnar release? I cant seem to change my lefthand grip. My right hand i have no problem changing.

Should i go lefthand - radial/ulnar and righthand - extension/flexion or should i line them up using only radial/ulnar or should i line them up using only extension/flexion?
With your grip the feeling needs to be drive with the firearms and hold the release through impact. The club needs to pass the hands after impact and after the divot with a minimum of rotation. The left wrist is in palmer flexion and ulna deviation and both are moving to supination (twisting a towel in opposite directions with both palms twisting upwards)
The real work is completing the backswing and getting the pivot and right arm correct.

Back