isolate radial/ulnar release

ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, im a scratch golfer, having inconsistancy issues regarding direction. I fight a left miss. My path is natural from the inside. I work as a fitter using trackman, so i understand the numbers and why i hit a pull etc.

I use a strong left hand grip, i can see 4-5 knuckles. This feels most comfortable for me. I understand that a normal release is a blend with radial/ulnar/flexion/extension.

To fight my left miss, would it be best to only use radial/ulnar release? I cant seem to change my lefthand grip. My right hand i have no problem changing.

Should i go lefthand - radial/ulnar and righthand - extension/flexion or should i line them up using only radial/ulnar or should i line them up using only extension/flexion?

Was that English?

Lol, glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t understand. For my simple mind, if I need to shape it right I use a weaker left hand grip and open my feet/hips/shoulders a bit to my target.

I believe it would depend on whether you are speaking about the Distal end of the radial ulnar or Proximal end, and why don't you just switch to showing 2 knuckles on your grip?

Seems like micromanaging the problem when you know what the actual solution is.

I believe it would depend on whether you are speaking about the Distal end of the radial ulnar or Proximal end, and why don't you just switch to showing 2 knuckles on your grip?
I still don't know what the radial ulna is.

I have a titanium plate on my radius so I’m familiar. :) Hogan famously covered supination in his “Five Lessons” book written 70 years ago.

89E4D6B6-D3FB-415B-ABD0-4C734F726BF7.jpeg

the two long bones that make up your forearm, then there are 8 small bones that make up your wrist leading to your hand or palm area

the two long bones that make up your forearm, then there are 8 small bones that make up your wrist leading to your hand or palm area
No. That's the radius and ulna. Not the radial ulna.

Radius is a bone. The radial is not.
WE were only trying to tell you what he was talking about, we did not however say, that HE knew.......:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
If you take your grip. Hinge only using moves in ONE of these images. What movement do you mostly use?

and what type of left-hand grip do you use? Strong? Weak?

Attachments

• 0E562E61-A8D2-459E-93DA-95A799C0C88A.jpeg
    0E562E61-A8D2-459E-93DA-95A799C0C88A.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 4
  • FBC7189E-2BFE-42AA-ACBF-A3090AEAD1CA.jpeg
    FBC7189E-2BFE-42AA-ACBF-A3090AEAD1CA.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 4
If you take your grip. Hinge only using moves in ONE of these images. What movement do you mostly use?

and what type of left-hand grip do you use? Strong? Weak?
Both happen in a golf swing, but you knew that.

I take a slightly strong left hand grip.

WE were only trying to tel you what he was talking about, we did not however say, that HE knew.......:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: Right. A radial ulnar release isn't a thing. Radial deviation and ulnar deviation are.

Ulle, have you considered speeding your hips up? The faster the hips, the harder it is to go left.

You didnt mention your right hand grip…does that match the strong nature of your left hand?
I recently had a lesson with Terry Rowles and he was pretty focused on my right hand grip and getting it in a super weak position with a strong left hand. Wring the towel type feel.
He had me swing a Garsen grip on an 8 iron to get a feel for a strong left hand and a really weak right.

Perhaps something to look into….

Yay, one more thing to worry about now.

🤣

My Eyes are bleeding and my Brain hurts.o_O😂

Nah,

🤣
It's just a fancy way of saying forearm rotation when releasing the club at impact.

Nah,

It's just a fancy way of saying forearm rotation when releasing the club at impact.
OK got it, sanitation worker versus trash man

Ulle, have you considered speeding your hips up? The faster the hips, the harder it is to go left.

when i look at video. My hips are way before arms/hands. Should not be problem. But ill try it out tonight 👌Thanks!

You didnt mention your right hand grip…does that match the strong nature of your left hand?
I recently had a lesson with Terry Rowles and he was pretty focused on my right hand grip and getting it in a super weak position with a strong left hand. Wring the towel type feel.
He had me swing a Garsen grip on an 8 iron to get a feel for a strong left hand and a really weak right.

Perhaps something to look into….

I acutally hold my hand quite weak. Adding pressure inwards with my hands. I really like that. Think most people Would benefit from that
Nah,

Could not be more wrong. Supinstion and pronation are forearm rotation. Might be Why i used that kind of words To avoid stupid people like you…

Not sure. I tend to hit it, go find it and hit it again…

when i look at video. My hips are way before arms/hands. Should not be problem. But ill try it out tonight 👌Thanks!

I acutally hold my hand quite weak. Adding pressure inwards with my hands. I really like that. Think most people Would benefit from that

Could not be more wrong. Supinstion and pronation are forearm rotation. Might be Why i used that kind of words To avoid stupid people like you…
We tend not to call people stupid here…

🤣
Yup. This is why I don't put a lot of effort into understanding questions like this and the responses to them. It'll only get me to thinking "What am I doing wrt this or that?" and that'll just mess me up :ROFLMAO:

I know I want the club head to by square to the ball and coming straight in when it strikes it. Don't want it open or closed. Don't want to be swinging in or out.

As @blugold wrote:

Seems like micromanaging the problem when you know what the actual solution is.
The OP states his "path is natural from the inside." Would that not promote an inside-to-out swing, thus promoting his most common miss: To the left. Solution, ISTM, is fix the path?

IIUC: One cannot fix an in-to-out or out-to-in swing by manipulating the club face. You'll still swipe across the ball at impact, which means you'll still impart unwanted spin to it. ISTM that means by manipulating the club face you may be able to get the ball going in the direction you want off the face, but it's still going to eventually head in the direction you don't want.

In fact: In my first lessons, I was having this exact problem, only I was coming in OTT. Thus anything from a strong fade to a down-right slice. Instructor suggested I try closing the club face. Sure enough: The ball would come off the face headed a bit left, then away it'd go to the right. (Why he did not recognize what was actually going on and have me fix it, well...)

Back