Is Taylor Swift the biggest singer/entertainer ever?

I love me some T Swift.
But she lost me on most of this album. It’s a lot more talking along to music, than it is singing, and that bothers me for some reason.

Taylor Swift IS the music industry.

I don't know about the biggest ever, but she is the biggest now.

I love me some T Swift.
But she lost me on most of this album. It’s a lot more talking along to music, than it is singing, and that bothers me for some reason.
My daughter loves T Swizzle, but even my 11 year old said, "Dad, there are no instruments on this album."

She seems to write simple poetry for teenage girls.
I seriously doubt she writes the music itself. Maybe she does, it all sounds the same. @blugold's 11yo has it right.

Taylor Swift IS the music industry.

I don't know about the biggest ever, but she is the biggest now.
Adele definitely gives her a run for her money for current biggest entertainer

No, not even close.

Michael Jackson is undefeated.
Hot take, Taylor Swift has released, not just more, but better music than Michael Jackson.

Believe Drake actually has the most top 10s of all time. Taylor Swift is still young, so if she keeps the pace she'll likely finish as the biggest ever if her career spans a couple more decades.

Adele definitely gives her a run for her money for current biggest entertainer
Not even close. Adele releases a new album every 6 years.

That doesn't speak well of the current music industry
Nah fam, it's about making money, always has been, and she does that really well. Plus, from the industry aspect, she singlehandedly changed how Spotify reimburses artists. Because she has writing credits on ALL of her songs, she is rerecording the albums owned by another executive, just to make his catalogue worthless, its going to cost him 6-figures. She sells out tours in seconds. She shapes the music industry more than any other artist out there right now.

Of this generation, I could see it but ever no.

Not even close. Adele releases a new album every 6 years.
She may not have as many albums, but her popularity up is there with Taylor

The Beatles would have to be in this conversation.
The Beatles blow everyone else out of the water if bands are included in the conversation

Nah she just caught all the pre teen/ teen folks at the perfect time and now she can ride the nostalgia when she puts things out.

I love me some T Swift.

She was doing that the last time she put something out. She was talking borderline rapping. It was her way of shedding the goodie two shoes image and going to a hardcore Swift. One of her songs she actually says the old Taylor is dead.

In terms of total people listening? possibly, never been easier to get content with the internet. But biggest culturally in that the highest percentage of people listen/like their music? not a chance. Peak Micheal, peak Sinatra, I would argue peak Springsteen had a higher percentage of people listening/enjoying.

I know who Taylor Swift is, but have never sought out any of her music nor could I recognize it was her song if played without a video.

That wasn't the question.
I agree as an entertainer Michael Jackson was probably the best. That's fair. As a music creater, Taylor Swift is superior.

Nah she just caught all the pre teen/ teen folks at the perfect time and now she can ride the nostalgia when she puts things out.
That's how almost all music works though.

Back