Is Taylor Swift the biggest singer/entertainer ever?

she's ruining football!!!
I don't understand why people Can't seem to grasp that the AVERAGE NFL fan is not a Taylor Swift fan and No one cares that shes there But she gets shown over and over ad nauseum.

TS is just another Players girlfriend but they show her like she's royalty. Enough.

Last edited:
I don't understand why people seem to grasp that the AVERAGE NFL fan is not a Taylor Swift fan and No one cares that shes there But she gets shown over and over ad nauseum.

TS is just another Players girlfriend but they show her like she's royalty. Enough.
She's accomplished more than most actual "royalty" 🤷‍♂️

The average NFL fan might not care, but there are millions of fresh eyeballs tuning in because of her. NFL is smart to try tapping into that market.

I don't understand why people seem to grasp that the AVERAGE NFL fan is not a Taylor Swift fan and No one cares that shes there But she gets shown over and over ad nauseum.

I prefer to see a shot of T Swift at a break in play vs some fat dude that is covered in body paint or a grown man wearing a Halloween costume yelling like an idiot.

They did the math bro, she gets shown for SECONDS out of a game. People just want their panties in a wad though.

Rumor has it that Travis K will propose to Taylor during the SB half time show

I prefer to see a shot of T Swift at a break in play vs some fat dude that is covered in body paint or a grown man wearing a Halloween costume yelling like an idiot.
You be nice to peoples cousins. 🤣

I wish they would stop showing Eminem at the Lions games. He's just another dude. I stopped watching the NBA because I kept seeing Jack at Lakers games and Spike Lee at the Knicks games.

She's accomplished more than most actual "royalty" 🤷‍♂️

The average NFL fan might not care, but there are millions of fresh eyeballs tuning in because of her. NFL is smart to try tapping into that market.

I think other than the first 2 weeks, the NFL has actually been pretty reserved in terms of showing her. The first couple of weeks when they were tweeting out things like "The Chiefs are 2-0 as Swifties" it was a bit much, and there was some pushback. But the the playoff games they have only showed her a handful of times

They have to thread the needle a bit, because she'll bring in casual fans, but they don't want to upset current fan base...i think they've done a good job actually

I think a lot of the internet arguments are people who don't watch the games

I wish they would stop showing Eminem at the Lions games. He's just another dude. I stopped watching the NBA because I kept seeing Jack at Lakers games and Spike Lee at the Knicks games.
What selfish bastards.

Rumor has it that Travis K will propose to Taylor during the SB half time show
The rumor I heard was that they aren't even showing live football during the Superbowl. It's just going to be Taylor's box the whole time, with playing through for split screen commercials so you don't miss her.

They did the math bro, she gets shown for SECONDS out of a game. People just want their panties in a wad though.
Fun fact I read the other day...

As it turns out, Swift was shown on the air seven different times for a total of 44 seconds of the entire broadcast. That air time accounted for just 0.39% of the total AFC championship game telecast, which was three hours and nine minutes long.

Not only that, but Pauley also broke down other notable moments from the game, which included scenes coming out of commercial of people “making, serving and eating crab cakes,” which accounted for 27 seconds of air time, well over half of the total time that Swift was shown during the entire game.
T Swift, 44 seconds of air time = bad.
Random people eating crab cakes, 27 seconds of air time = no problemo.

I think other than the first 2 weeks, the NFL has actually been pretty reserved in terms of showing her. The first couple of weeks when they were tweeting out things like "The Chiefs are 2-0 as Swifties" it was a bit much, and there was some pushback. But the the playoff games they have only showed her a handful of times

They have to thread the needle a bit, because she'll bring in casual fans, but they don't want to upset current fan base...i think they've done a good job actually

I think a lot of the internet arguments are people who don't watch the games
I honestly feel that it’s mostly people who just WANT to be mad at anything.

up there. but she still has a wat to go to top Michael Jackson

Morgan Freeman was at the Auburn/Ole Miss basketball game this weekend. I turned it off.

If you ask a teen age young Lady, they might say she's the best ever.

However, after listening to Swift for 400 miles, while my Granddaughter drove our car back from State, my ears would say Michael Jackson, George Straight, and Elvis were all better than Swift is. She doesn't have their longevity.

Reba was pretty good during her run on the charts, as was Wynonna.

I think Swift just found herself in the right spot, at the right time.

I mean she has been dropping chart topping hits since her teenage years as well. This isn’t a flash in the pan

Yup, that’s what I was referencing. But, as we have seen in here for some reason people make it seem like they just shower for half of a 3.5 hour game.

George Costanza Thumbs Up GIF

I mean she has been dropping chart topping hits since her teenage years as well. This isn’t a flash in the pan
18 years is a hell of a lot more than most haha

I honestly feel that it’s mostly people who just WANT to be mad at anything.

Yeah it's this whole cottage industry of internet yelling, combined with people who want to make a name for themselves of Swift

There's the people angry they show her (as covered above, they barely show her in terms of real minutes, couldn't possible affect your enjoyment)

Then there's the people that want to lecture you on that you have to love her and want to see her or you are a misogynist.

Everyone just chill!

When I was in Nashville at the Country Music Hall of Fame, there was an exhibit on Eric Church. Within that exhibit there was a signed platinum record from a 16 year old Taylor Swift. Church was kicked off the Rascall Flats tour as their opener and she took his spot. She signed the record by saying Thank you for playing too long.

She was 16. 18+ years of just doing her thing and killing it.

Morgan Freeman was at the Auburn/Ole Miss basketball game this weekend. I turned it off.
the nerve of that guy. Don't you know we want to just watch sports with no spectators. That's why the highlight of Bland's ace at the LIV event is so beautiful. Nobody was there when it happened. Just pure sport.

the nerve of that guy. Don't you know we want to just watch sports with no spectators. That's why the highlight of Bland's ace at the LIV event is so beautiful. Nobody was there when it happened. Just pure sport.
Get rid of the fans. Pumped in crowd noise was better anyway.

18 years is a hell of a lot more than most haha

Agreed, I can sympathize with her not catching Michael quite yet, but with social media she will have every record in the book for a solo artist before too long. She’s been doing this for quite some time.

When I was in Nashville at the Country Music Hall of Fame, there was an exhibit on Eric Church. Within that exhibit there was a signed platinum record from a 16 year old Taylor Swift. Church was kicked off the Rascall Flats tour as their opener and she took his spot. She signed the record by saying Thank you for playing too long.

She was 16. 18+ years of just doing her thing and killing it.

Yeah, and they fact that she’s done it over two genres too is also very impressive!

Back