Introducing Swingbyte

I read the review, and thought it was very good. I had one question that Jake was not sure of, so he suggested I post it here. That question is will it store data if you take it to the golf course until you get home, or do you have to do the analysis swing by swing?

I read the review, and thought it was very good. I had one question that Jake was not sure of, so he suggested I post it here. That question is will it store data if you take it to the golf course until you get home, or do you have to do the analysis swing by swing?

The device, itself does not store data. The data the swingbyte transmits (via bluetooth) to your bluetooth compatible device will get uploaded to swingbyte. Your phone or tablet will store about 100 swings. see https://swingbyte.zendesk.com/entri...-app-affect-the-storage-capacity-of-my-device

The device, itself does not store data. The data the swingbyte transmits (via bluetooth) to your bluetooth compatible device will get uploaded to swingbyte. Your phone or tablet will store about 100 swings. see https://swingbyte.zendesk.com/entri...-app-affect-the-storage-capacity-of-my-device

Thank you for that information. Is the data easily transferable from one device to another? I would prefer to leave my IPad at home and just have the data go to my IPhone, then transfer it later.

Wait, so what happens when you hit 100 swings? does it begin overwriting the earliest swings or would you then be required to manually start deleting swings to make room? Kolosy, any reason why you would even need to cap this number?

Thank you for that information. Is the data easily transferable from one device to another? I would prefer to leave my IPad at home and just have the data go to my IPhone, then transfer it later.

I was going to ask that same question...I always have my Iphone with me, but would prefer to look at my swings on the ipad...is that possible?

Wait, so what happens when you hit 100 swings? does it begin overwriting the earliest swings or would you then be required to manually start deleting swings to make room? Kolosy, any reason why you would even need to cap this number?

I believe the 100 swings is what is stored locally, you can have many more stored in the cloud.

I believe the 100 swings is what is stored locally, you can have many more stored in the cloud.

And your iPhone will upload instantly. Once the online side of things is operating device/cloud will be seamless.

I understand that this is a work in progress on accuracy and getting the device to stop moving on the club. Should one wait on pulling the trigger on the purchase? I can deal with knowing the flaws and simple fixes, but will this new mount/strap be sent with a new purchases? Would it be better to hold off for a while?

And your iPhone will upload instantly. Once the online side of things is operating device/cloud will be seamless.
All swings you take, ever, will be stored in the cloud.

I understand that this is a work in progress on accuracy and getting the device to stop moving on the club. Should one wait on pulling the trigger on the purchase? I can deal with knowing the flaws and simple fixes, but will this new mount/strap be sent with a new purchases? Would it be better to hold off for a while?
They are testing out the new strap and they will ship with all new orders as soon as they get it out of prototype stage. I was lucky enough to be one of the testers for this and I should have it Monday.

Sounds good, will wait and see what your feedback is and attempt to talk myself out of it in the interim. Only drawback I see is the $50/yr fee to have it stored even though that is waved the first year. I can see if you are using it for them to provide a swing analysis or something, but if one was to use it for self analysis, a simple self serving storage would suffice. Yet I understand a continual revenue stream for their product, but don't have to agree with it.

Sounds good, will wait and see what your feedback is and attempt to talk myself out of it in the interim. Only drawback I see is the $50/yr fee to have it stored even though that is waved the first year. I can see if you are using it for them to provide a swing analysis or something, but if one was to use it for self analysis, a simple self serving storage would suffice. Yet I understand a continual revenue stream for their product, but don't have to agree with it.

This is a concern for me too. I just bought the device but am now getting concerned that I'll not have access to my swings unless I continue to pay every year. The ability to store them locally would make me feel MUCH better about my purchase.

And while we have a listening ear, when do you expect to start shipping the revised attachment band, will the functional one also be sent (or available at cost) to early adopters? I didn't realize this product was brand new when I pounced on it...

What a great idea though, good job!

Also, when the membership runs out and assuming I don't reinvest, will I have ANY access to my information stored on your servers?

Also, when the membership runs out and assuming I don't reinvest, will I have ANY access to my information stored on your servers?

we're still finalizing what's going to part of the premium service, but one thing is for sure - there will always be a free tier to the online service, and some amount of history will be available online, as well as all of the summary data.

as far as new straps shipping, we have a batch of new straps, and any replacements that are requested now are being shipped new ones; i need to check on when the cutover is to new devices shipping with new straps.

the updated attachment piece is being tested by a few members right now, their feedback will help determine how quickly we can get it out.

New iPhone update is out but seriously...........Swingbyte, you guys need to test your updates!!! Why no default portrait for the home screen? From a UI perspective, no one expects an app (short of a game) to start off in landscape mode. And even then, the home screen doesn't rotate to portrait, but you have to go into some other screen, rotate it to portrait from there then go back to the home page to have it in portrait............but then you have the last button cut off. Obviously, not tested properly for what is such a simple UI change. You really need to stop defaulting every page to landscape. I'm betting most people would prefer the default to be portrait.........or even better, put in a setting and let users decide if the default screens should be portrait or landscape. BTW, in my opinion this new "home page" adds zero value to the usability of the app since once you get past the home page, the UI is still the same clunky, unfriendly, click heavy UI it originally was and still is (though thank goodness you do provide an option for us to disable the home screen, but then it raises the question, what was the point of it?)

Finally got to test mine out tonight. I'm still learning the software but so far, unlike most, I love it.

My only issue is when I can get te new strap. I didn't mid adjusting it after every swing, but it would be nice to not have to. Oh and a request for te next update....can we get the follow through added to the swig view. I think it would help some us dissect our swings a little more.

New iPhone update is out but seriously...........Swingbyte, you guys need to test your updates!!! Why no default portrait for the home screen? From a UI perspective, no one expects an app (short of a game) to start off in landscape mode. And even then, the home screen doesn't rotate to portrait, but you have to go into some other screen, rotate it to portrait from there then go back to the home page to have it in portrait............but then you have the last button cut off. Obviously, not tested properly for what is such a simple UI change. You really need to stop defaulting every page to landscape. I'm betting most people would prefer the default to be portrait.........or even better, put in a setting and let users decide if the default screens should be portrait or landscape. BTW, in my opinion this new "home page" adds zero value to the usability of the app since once you get past the home page, the UI is still the same clunky, unfriendly, click heavy UI it originally was and still is (though thank goodness you do provide an option for us to disable the home screen, but then it raises the question, what was the point of it?)

There's actually quite a bit of testing that goes in to each release, though some things do slip through because of the number of platforms that we're testing against, and how quickly we're pushing updates out. The point of the new home page is for folks that don't use Swingbyte as often as THP'ers do (and we're quite grateful for the frequent use!) to have some guidance once they pick it up again.

It seems that you've found a back door into portrait mode on the home screen - it wasn't meant to be shown that way. Thank you - we'll take care of it in the next release.

And - I think all phone (i and otherwise) users will be happy with our next update - we're cutting most extraneous clicking out.

Thanks,
Alex.

I got to use one of these today. A member at my golf course asked me if i wanted to try it. it was cool to see my swing speed change when im "going after it" to when im using a stock swing!. it was also cool to see my swing plane. I found my swing was a little inside on the takeaway and that i swing a little harder than i previously thought.

Finally got to test mine out tonight. I'm still learning the software but so far, unlike most, I love it.

My only issue is when I can get te new strap. I didn't mid adjusting it after every swing, but it would be nice to not have to. Oh and a request for te next update....can we get the follow through added to the swig vi

ew. I think it would help some us dissect our swings a little more.

Adam for the moment get yourself some double sided tape, minimal slip.

we're still finalizing what's going to part of the premium service, but one thing is for sure - there will always be a free tier to the online service, and some amount of history will be available online, as well as all of the summary data.

as far as new straps shipping, we have a batch of new straps, and any replacements that are requested now are being shipped new ones; i need to check on when the cutover is to new devices shipping with new straps.

the updated attachment piece is being tested by a few members right now, their feedback will help determine how quickly we can get it out.

Thanks for the reply! I'm looking forward to receiving the swingbyte and integrating it into my range sessions (and maybe even to collect data during the occasional round or two).

Adam for the moment get yourself some double sided tape, minimal slip.

I was actually thinking about a little friction tape on the shaft. A small strip where the band wraps the shaft and it shouldn't move.

I started using my swingbyte a few days ago and I have to say I love it.
The info shows that I'm still coming over the top too much but I am hitting down on the ball which is something I have been working on.

My only gripe (apart from the slippage issues) is the fact that I'm not sure what some of the numbers mean and although there is a brief description, it doesn't give any numbers to aim towards.

If there could be some stock swings to look at then I could compare my swings and numbers to these and look for progress.
Any chance something like this could happen?

I started using my swingbyte a few days ago and I have to say I love it.
The info shows that I'm still coming over the top too much but I am hitting down on the ball which is something I have been working on.

My only gripe (apart from the slippage issues) is the fact that I'm not sure what some of the numbers mean and although there is a brief description, it doesn't give any numbers to aim towards.

If there could be some stock swings to look at then I could compare my swings and numbers to these and look for progress.
Any chance something like this could happen?

Hey Marc - that's coming in the web piece. We're beta testing now, and will hopefully open the doors soon.

Thanks,
Alex.

So Alex,

Are the new improved bands out? If I order off the website do the new units come with the new bands?

Kind of depressing to find out the "in 1300 at&t locations" may be a bit premature. I drove 100 miles to find out no place in Harrisburg, Pa has it.

Hopefully ordering online doesnt pan out to waiting forever.

Kind of depressing to find out the "in 1300 at&t locations" may be a bit premature. I drove 100 miles to find out no place in Harrisburg, Pa has it.

Hopefully ordering online doesnt pan out to waiting forever.

You drove 100 miles just for this.......without calling a multinational telephone company to see if it was in stock?

Order online.

Back