Increased swing speed

Lag.....

Last edited:
If you wanna hit it farther
1. Stetch everyday
2. Force yourself to relax. Watch guys like Adam Scott and Rory McIllroy hit teh ball. There is a lot going on there but if you notice things like there wrists and shoulders they are loosey goosey.
3. Dont think swing muscular think swinging a light object like a wiffle ball bat.
Those were the best bits of advice Ive ever gotten.

Excellent advice. My swing coach showed me some stretches and encouraged me to do them every day. I could not get a full shoulder turn when I started lessons. Now I have to be careful about over turning on the back swing. And, it's amazing how much better and longer a shot is when I relax.

This video by Paul Wilson blew me away - I have since tried to incorporate what he preaches in my swing. Still a work in progress but basically he says to keep everything loose and power it with your lower body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpdkuC3H_k

This video by Paul Wilson blew me away - I have since tried to incorporate what he preaches in my swing. Still a work in progress but basically he says to keep everything loose and power it with your lower body
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpdkuC3H_k

Believe this video may answer a lot of questions out there. Paul did a nice job with the demonstration.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Other than working out, I have been working on keeping my lower body stable and having my upper body turn away from it, creating a coil. Last 2 rounds I added 15-20yds to my drives and about half a club to all my irons

More turn and more muscles and more flexibility= more power

Yes, Lag between the knees and hips. Lag between the hips and shoulders. Lag between the shoulders and arms. Lag between the arms and club shaft. All culminating in a well timed release. It's so easy. :)

if ya want some great exercises to help increase swing speed look on you tube for george slupski he has some great videos. and buy a speed swoosh, or just use a driver shaft.

In Ben Hogans book " Five Lessons" he talks about hitting it with all you've got as a way of having a natural swing that turns all the body parts in such away that the swinging will correct any swing flaw. At least that's how I interpreted it. Hitting hard and hitting fast are two different things. If I try to hit hard I swing like a rusty gate with tension all thru my arms and shoulders. By relaxing my grip I turn my arms into ropes that can swing freely. In David Lee's book "Gravity Golf" he describes a natural falling thru the swing and swinging thru the ball as if it were not there. Wow, I have to focus on hitting that ball or it won't get hit.

Back