I built a completely free app for golf tournaments and leagues called Squabbit

Those sound very complicated. I run a game on Thursday nights where I switch up the format each week. It's usually a two man but sometimes 3 if I have an odd number like 15 or 21 players. The formats I use are usually Scramble, Shamble (best ball or combined score sometimes), and Best Ball. Occasionally I'll throw in Pinehurst, Alt Shot, Switch, or even a 1 man scramble if I have 13 or 17 players. For the 1 man scramble you can hit a 2nd shot but have to take that one even if it's worse than the 1st shot.

Here's how I do the handicaps.
Scramble 35% A/ 15% B
Shamble- Each player gets 75% of the HC
Best Ball- Full Handicap
Pinehurst and Alt Shot- 60% A/ 40% B
1 Man scramble- 70%

I would love if you could set it up to format those as it would make my life much easier haha. Especially if I could create the league and could change the format for each week in it. Everyone being able to self register sounds pretty appealing too.
Haha that is pretty complicated too. You can do pretty much all of that in Squabbit (Pinehurst is called Chapman in the app). For 1 man scramble I think you could just set it up as a scramble and only add one player to each team.

Just create a league and then you can add events to the league. In each event you can choose the format you want to play for that event.

Haha that is pretty complicated too. You can do pretty much all of that in Squabbit (Pinehurst is called Chapman in the app). For 1 man scramble I think you could just set it up as a scramble and only add one player to each team.

Just create a league and then you can add events to the league. In each event you can choose the format you want to play for that event.
I'll look into it.

Like the title says, I built a free golf tournament app with live leaderboards, gps, stats, chat and much more. I originally built it for the tournament I run with my friends because all the existing apps were super confusing to use or had exorbitant fees, and then decided to make it available to everyone. It works great for weekend bachelor parties or huge tournaments with 150+ players. It's completely free with no ads or size caps. I just do this as a hobby and I don't make any money off it (it actually costs me a bit of money to keep it running, but don't tell my wife that 😂).

If you get a chance to try it out, I'd love to hear any feedback! www.squabbitgolf.com
Cool concept. I spent a decent amount of time setting up an upcoming golf trip with 8 guys. We are doing individual match play within 2 different pools and then overall. Got it all setup and interested to try it out

This is awesome! I have a guys golf trip in September and this sounds like the perfect thing for us!

This is awesome! I have a guys golf trip in September and this sounds like the perfect thing for us!

Yes I am excited to try it out. This could be a great solution. Curious to give it a try in 2.5 weeks and see if I set everything up correctly.

Yes I am excited to try it out. This could be a great solution. Curious to give it a try in 2.5 weeks and see if I set everything up correctly.
Awesome! Let me know if you run into any issues or if it's missing any features. I crank out tons of new features every week. If you're interested I usually post weekly with all the new stuff I'm coming out with to the Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/squabbitgolf/.

Also if it's any peace of mind there have been thousands of tournaments run on the app so it's super stable.

Awesome! Let me know if you run into any issues or if it's missing any features. I crank out tons of new features every week. If you're interested I usually post weekly with all the new stuff I'm coming out with to the Facebook profile https://www.facebook.com/squabbitgolf/.

Also if it's any peace of mind there have been thousands of tournaments run on the app so it's super stable.
Cool. You won't get complaints from me with it being free. We are doing a round robin match play type setup. I setup each round to have handicap based on the low handicap.

Will that be based on the low handicap of each individual match or the lowest of all players playing?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Cool. You won't get complaints from me with it being free. We are doing a round robin match play type setup. I setup each round to have handicap based on the low handicap.

Will that be based on the low handicap of each individual match or the lowest of all players playing?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
It will be low handicap of each match. Also feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have any other questions, I will likely respond quicker.

Have my upcoming tournament set up, it was really easy to do, now the hard part….. waiting…. We kick off next Saturday, the 29th. Very excited to test this out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This app is incredible. 16 guys in our AZTHP league used it today with zero issues.

Showed the pops and calculated the skins both net and gross in real time.

Also really easy to post the scores to THP for updates and looks professional.

Highly recommend for events

It was an easy interface and awesome to see my name get further and further ahead. :ROFLMAO:

This app is incredible. 16 guys in our AZTHP league used it today with zero issues.

Showed the pops and calculated the skins both net and gross in real time.

Also really easy to post the scores to THP for updates and looks professional.

Highly recommend for events
Awesome, so glad you guys liked it!

As others have said…really happy with how well this app worked for us. We’ll be using going forward.

As others in the AZTHP group have posted, this app is excellent! Once it's set up for the event, it's as smooth as silk(for our purposes) and it save s a TON of work for our league volunteers when calculating skins and strokes. Live scoring is on point. This will be a permanent fixture in or league going forward. Thank you so much for sharing with us @orrie.

ohh..excited to check this out!!

As others have said…really happy with how well this app worked for us. We’ll be using going forward.
So glad to hear it! I'm adding tons of new features every week as well. I just finished the Apple watch app so now you can check distances to the pin, measure shot distances and enter scores from the watch. That will be dropping in a new update tomorrow. Android WearOS app will be coming next week.

Just returned from a 8 man golf trip in Vegas.

I suggested we use squabbit, which of course, no one had heard of. Haha.

It was flawless, and incredibly simple to set up and use.

Auto calculating skins, cap, and scoring was awesome.

Also, I love that the stats window starts with biggest blowup hole. Lol.

While skeptical at first, by the time we were halfway thru the first roud, everyone became a huge fan, and commented many times how awesome the app is. There are now 7 new fans of the app.

As has already been said. Thank you @orrie for making this available to the community. It's a wonderful app.

We will be using it again for league on Saturday. Great app

We’re going to try the app tomorrow for just a foursome of 6/6/6, low score and low team total

@lockstockrye and I used this for our matches in Palm Springs and it worked out really well. Easy to keep things up to date.

Back