I built a completely free app for golf tournaments and leagues called Squabbit

orrie

Reaction score
Like the title says, I built a free golf tournament app with live leaderboards, gps, stats, chat and much more. I originally built it for the tournament I run with my friends because all the existing apps were super confusing to use or had exorbitant fees, and then decided to make it available to everyone. It works great for weekend bachelor parties or huge tournaments with 150+ players. It's completely free with no ads or size caps. I just do this as a hobby and I don't make any money off it (it actually costs me a bit of money to keep it running, but don't tell my wife that 😂).

If you get a chance to try it out, I'd love to hear any feedback! www.squabbitgolf.com

One of my buddies randomly found your app early this year when we were planning our yearly golf trip. Used it for 3 rounds and loved it. Super easy to use and did everything we needed it to.

One of my buddies randomly found your app early this year when we were planning our yearly golf trip. Used it for 3 rounds and loved it. Super easy to use and did everything we needed it to.
Awesome! So great to hear!

Welcome to THP! This app sounds awesome!

Welcome to THP, have to check out your app.

:welcome:
I will forward your Link to the manager of our club’s Men’s league.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, and it's great of you to offer your app completely free with no subscription costs and/or intrusive ads. Hope to see you join in some of the forum discussions, this is a great place to talk everything golf!

looks really useful...love to hear the origin story and motivation behind the app too (y)

Like the title says, I built a free golf tournament app with live leaderboards, gps, stats, chat and much more. I originally built it for the tournament I run with my friends because all the existing apps were super confusing to use or had exorbitant fees, and then decided to make it available to everyone. It works great for weekend bachelor parties or huge tournaments with 150+ players. It's completely free with no ads or size caps. I just do this as a hobby and I don't make any money off it (it actually costs me a bit of money to keep it running, but don't tell my wife that 😂).

If you get a chance to try it out, I'd love to hear any feedback! www.squabbitgolf.com
We have an annual trip with 12 guys, 3 rounds with low net and skins for each round then low net for the weekend is the champion

Will this app work for my annual event?

:welcome:, will check out the app

I tried to create a new league and setup team scoring to 'sum'. It made it 'average' instead.

We have an annual trip with 12 guys, 3 rounds with low net and skins for each round then low net for the weekend is the champion

Will this app work for my annual event?
Yes it will!

Just downloaded! Looks great thanks for sharing.

looks really useful...love to hear the origin story and motivation behind the app too (y)
Thanks! Ya it's such a fun hobby for me. It's so rewarding to read new reviews on the app stores of people saying how much fun it added to their events. I probably spend more time working on it per week than my actual job 😅.

It also blows my mind how complicated some people make their tournaments lol. We just do a simple net stroke play which is what I originally built it to do but soon after launching it I realized how many different formats people play with all sorts of variations. Things like use 2 scores on par 3's for best ball, unless more than 2 players get birdies in which case use all birdies and also use 60% handicaps in the 3rd round using the unique Australian course handicap calculation 🤯.

Welcome to THP, I will definitely to check out your app...

I looked at it, and it is really well done! I wish I personally had use for it, or played in a league or a men's group that held tournaments, so I could recommend its use! Nice job!

I looked at it, and it is really well done! I wish I personally had use for it, or played in a league or a men's group that held tournaments, so I could recommend its use! Nice job!
You can use for non tournament/league rounds as well, but I actually wouldn't recommend it at this time because he other apps in this space (18birdies, The Grint) do a much better job. I intentionally didn't focus on this area because the market is already saturated with really high quality apps. That being said, I'm working on improving this area now as well so in a couple months it should be much better.

This is so awesome, and perfect timing too! I organize a family golf tournament every year and have been looking for something like this to use, especially the past few years as we have grown in size. Our tournament is coming up next weekend and I plan on implementing this app. I’ll let you know how it goes after we finish up. Thank you again for putting this out here for all of us to use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so awesome, and perfect timing too! I organize a family golf tournament every year and have been looking for something like this to use, especially the past few years as we have grown in size. Our tournament is coming up next weekend and I plan on implementing this app. I’ll let you know how it goes after we finish up. Thank you again for putting this out here for all of us to use!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome, enjoy!

Thanks! Ya it's such a fun hobby for me. It's so rewarding to read new reviews on the app stores of people saying how much fun it added to their events. I probably spend more time working on it per week than my actual job 😅.

It also blows my mind how complicated some people make their tournaments lol. We just do a simple net stroke play which is what I originally built it to do but soon after launching it I realized how many different formats people play with all sorts of variations. Things like use 2 scores on par 3's for best ball, unless more than 2 players get birdies in which case use all birdies and also use 60% handicaps in the 3rd round using the unique Australian course handicap calculation 🤯.
Those sound very complicated. I run a game on Thursday nights where I switch up the format each week. It's usually a two man but sometimes 3 if I have an odd number like 15 or 21 players. The formats I use are usually Scramble, Shamble (best ball or combined score sometimes), and Best Ball. Occasionally I'll throw in Pinehurst, Alt Shot, Switch, or even a 1 man scramble if I have 13 or 17 players. For the 1 man scramble you can hit a 2nd shot but have to take that one even if it's worse than the 1st shot.

Here's how I do the handicaps.
Scramble 35% A/ 15% B
Shamble- Each player gets 75% of the HC
Best Ball- Full Handicap
Pinehurst and Alt Shot- 60% A/ 40% B
1 Man scramble- 70%

I would love if you could set it up to format those as it would make my life much easier haha. Especially if I could create the league and could change the format for each week in it. Everyone being able to self register sounds pretty appealing too.

Interesting. Page that says 40,000 courses word exiting should be existing. Thanks sharing.

Back