Honda Classic [Spoilers]

I can't believe how much Rory Sabbatini and his wife have been through. You'd think he'd be so mentally distracted that his game would suffer, but he's on it this weekend. Great to find out more about him.

I can't believe how much Rory Sabbatini and his wife have been through. You'd think he'd be so mentally distracted that his game would suffer, but he's on it this weekend. Great to find out more about him.

You are right about their last few years.

I think most see Rory and immediately think about the idiotic things he has done and said in terms of PR. Clearly there is more to him as a person. He is still tough to like in my opinion for many based on his views, but certainly there is more to him than people know.

You are right about their last few years.

I think most see Rory and immediately think about the idiotic things he has done and said in terms of PR. Clearly there is more to him as a person. He is still tough to like in my opinion for many based on his views, but certainly there is more to him than people know.

Tell you what- I have a MUCH different view of him now than I did 48 hours ago.

I am on the couch. New TV in front of me. Cookies in front of me.

Ready for an afternoon and in the top 10 in fantasy golf.

Tell you what- I have a MUCH different view of him now than I did 48 hours ago.

And I know many will. I think everybody somewhere has endearing qualities. But none of those things that have happened to him make him run his mouth constantly and say the things he has said. Sure it makes me feel bad for him and what he has endured, but he just has certain qualities I dont care for too much.

I am on the couch. New TV in front of me. Cookies in front of me.

Ready for an afternoon and in the top 10 in fantasy golf.

I am on the couch, older tv in front of me, with a laptop and some salt and vinegar chips with French onion dip. Time for a nice afternoon of golf.

And I know many will. I think everybody somewhere has endearing qualities. But none of those things that have happened to him make him run his mouth constantly and say the things he has said. Sure it makes me feel bad for him and what he has endured, but he just has certain qualities I dont care for too much.

He has been humanized to me though. It is much easier to "swallow" some of the unappealing qualities when you know of the endearing ones. Until this tournament I haven't had any association with that side of him. Hasn't he tonned down some of his vibrato since the events they are referring to? Most of his "negative" PR situations occured before almost loosing his wife and his scare with cancer. Either of those events could certainly change a persons outlook on life, and they way the carry themselves.

I mean, look at Bubba Watson. He has made HUGE changes in his PR image the past year or so.

He has been humanized to me though. It is much easier to "swallow" some of the unappealing qualities when you know of the endearing ones. Until this tournament I haven't had any association with that side of him. Hasn't he tonned down some of his vibrato since the events they are referring to? Most of his "negative" PR situations occured before almost loosing his wife and his scare with cancer. Either of those events could certainly change a persons outlook on life, and they way the carry themselves.

I mean, look at Bubba Watson. He has made HUGE changes in his PR image the past year or so.

It depends what you mean. Just at the end of last year he was quoted as saying "Yeah I walked off from playing with Crane. And I would do it again if I am stuck in the same spot. I dont care what people think about it".

That to me says more about his respect of other players and the tour. Im trying to find the exact quote now. I know I have the audio from it somewhere.

Very much in agreement with you!

It depends what you mean. Just at the end of last year he was quoted as saying "Yeah I walked off from playing with Crane. And I would do it again if I am stuck in the same spot. I dont care what people think about it".

That to me says more about his respect of other players and the tour. Im trying to find the exact quote now. I know I have the audio from it somewhere.

Thanks in advance JB

I'm not a fan of his in the least, just something about the funny quirk he carries aound on his face, lol. I don't like having that attitude towards anyone and consider it rare to feel that way towards people, but happens I guess. It was tough to pick him this week, I just had a feeling he'd get it done.

dang it louie ooshuzien. how dare ye withdraw after 54 holes. That's costing me valuable fantasy position.

I hope there's at least some legit reason why he withdrew and not that he decided to quit because he was 10 over, that's bush league. There's some other tour pro who would have happily taken his place on thursday and finished (as well as could use a pga pay day) instead of shrek playing 54 holes then jetting to miami.

I'm not a fan of his in the least, just something about the funny quirk he carries aound on his face, lol. I don't like having that attitude towards anyone and consider it rare to feel that way towards people, but happens I guess. It was tough to pick him this week, I just had a feeling he'd get it done.
I watched him closely yesterday. He was well behaved. He acknowledged the crowd when they cheered. He didn't get upset when he hit a bad shot. He just calmly went about his business. All in all I though he behaved very professionally.

I watched him closely yesterday. He was well behaved. He acknowledged the crowd when they cheered. He didn't get upset when he hit a bad shot. He just calmly went about his business. All in all I though he behaved very professionally.

Good to hear, hope he's learning how to be tight with the fan's that want to see professionals acting nice. Now if he'd just get rid of the dorky hats, haha

Good to hear, hope he's learning how to be tight with the fan's that want to see professionals acting nice. Now if he'd just get rid of the dorky hats, haha

Nothing against Rory, he's just not one of the tour players that I pull for.

Nothing against Rory, he's just not one of the tour players that I pull for.

I'll say one thing for him, he's making an incredibly tough course look pretty easy at this point.

I'll say one thing for him, he's making an incredibly tough course look pretty easy at this point.

I don`t mind Rory but Fowler rubs me the wrong way and I have no idea why. I`m sure he`s a perfectly nice kid.

Let's just look at it this way for a moment. How many of you have ever been on a tee box or green with some really slow players in front of you? {Raise your hands} Ok now how many of you have thought or even said something out loud complaining about it? {Raise your hands} Maybe some old farts just dragging there feet walking to their carts? {Raise your hands} Now if any of you can honestly say you have never been irked, by slow play while playing a round of golf {Raise your hands}. It may not be right or proper to raise an eye brow, cuss under your breath, walk around the tee box like you got fire ants in your pants, or just let out a huge sigh, but we all have done it {Raise your hands} :surrender: I am not a sabertuna fan either (other than what he has done for the skin cancer foundation) however I certainly have popped a blood pressure med or a few beverages after a grueling, hot, slow day on the golf course. I might even have said a few cuss words under my breath at the rude slow people in front of me, who dared not let me go through. {I'm raising my hand}

He wears then because of a basil cell carcinoma (skin cancer) he had removed. I have had two removed and they have to cut them out. Now I wear one of those funny hats :cowboy: in the hot summer months. KellyBo brought me a bucket hat from a tournament she played in at the University of Georgia course that I wear a good bit during the summer months. You fair skin & blue eyed folks better be careful in the sun or you will find out what I know personally. Rory Sabertuna knows it.

Let's just look at it this way for a moment. How many of you have ever been on a tee box or green with some really slow players in front of you? {Raise your hands} Ok now how many of you have thought or even said something out loud complaining about it? {Raise your hands} Maybe some old farts just dragging there feet walking to their carts? {Raise your hands} Now if any of you can honestly say you have never been irked, by slow play while playing a round of golf {Raise your hands}. It may not be right or proper to raise an eye brow, cuss under your breath, walk around the tee box like you got fire ants in your pants, or just let out a huge sigh, but we all have done it {Raise your hands} :surrender: I am not a sabertuna fan either (other than what he has done for the skin cancer foundation) however I certainly have popped a blood pressure med or a few beverages after a grueling, hot, slow day on the golf course. I might even have said a few cuss words under my breath at the rude slow people in front of me, who dared not let me go through. {I'm raising my hand}

I agree with you Gray but we are not professionals. There are many times when I would like to curse coworkers about the quality and speed of their work or clients that are being unreasonable but I am at work and have to act professional. This is his job and he needs to act more professional IMHO.

He wears then because of a basil cell carcinoma (skin cancer) he had removed. I have had two removed and they have to cut them out. Now I wear one of those funny hats :cowboy: in the hot summer months. KellyBo brought me a bucket hat from a tournament she played in at the University of Georgia course that I wear a good bit during the summer months. You fair skin & blue eyed folks better be careful in the sun or you will find out what I know personally. Rory Sabertuna knows it.

Oh, I'm a firm believer in that shape of hat for exactly what he's using it for. I just think the ones he uses are way ugly, lol. I have one that I like to wear and may even hae it the next time in Florida, but it's not red with big letters across the front and beads.

By the way, thats exactly what Liz's father passed away from a few years ago and we have had our own spots removed. Skin cancers are nothing to laugh at or take for granted, they are damn deadly.

Oh, I'm a firm believer in that shape of hat for exactly what he's using it for. I just think the ones he uses are way ugly, lol. I have one that I like to wear and may even hae it the next time in Florida, but it's not red with big letters across the front and beads.

I hear ya bro :thumb:

Sabaweenie looks like a cowboy, pale rider version of Tigger today with his ensemble.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Back