Hirzl Golf Glove - Forum Testing Review Thread

Here is my review of my first round yesterday with the Hirzl "Trust Feel" glove.

Weather - Low 70's and dry with a slight occasional breeze.

Appearance :
At first look, I like the appearance of this glove.
That may seem a little trite, but I think it's very important to like the look of a glove since you see it in every swing.
I really liked the black airtech mesh over the knuckles surrounded by the white Cabretta leather.
The black Kangaroo leather palm was stunning.

Comfort/Feel:
When I first put the glove on, I was concerned that it might be a bit small for me.
I normally wear either an XL or XXL, depending on the brand.
This XL Hirzl felt a little tight for a second or two, but then it relaxed a little and
fit just like a....well...a glove. The dexterity was terrific and the thin kangaroo palm
let me feel the club grips very well. I love the deep cut thumb relief on these.
So many gloves rip out on me right at the inside base of the thumb.
I can see and feel on the Hirzl, that this will never be a problem.
The pre-curved fingers also keep the leather from bunching up when I grip the clubs.

Performance:
Since I was playing in almost perfect weather yesterday, I can't attest to how it performs in wet weather.
That may change today, since the meteorological pundits are predicting showers this afternoon during todays round.
As far as performing in yesterday's terrific weather, the Hizrl was as perfect as the weather.
I was able to grip the clubs with enough pressure to hold on, without having to strangle them.
The Kangaroo palm felt great and never felt like the grip was going to slip.
All day long, the gips felt really locked in.
I think the airtech mesh on the back of the glove provided just enough tension to keep the glove firm on my hand, but had some give when it needed it.

I am looking forward to playing again this afternoon and giving the Hirzl another try.
The score I give the Hirzl after 1 round is... 9.75 out of 10.
I am holding the other .25 in reserve till I get a chance to play in the rain with it.

So far though, I think we have a winner...on our hands. (pun intended)

It's very refreshing to be able to give feedback to the golf community and companies.
I want to thank both THP and Hirzl for giving me and the rest of the testers this opportunity.

Great reviews so far from everyone. The look of the gloves are pretty sweet and I especially like the mesh on the back of the glove as my hands sweat really bad and usually have to change my gloves 3-4 times per round.

Used the Hirzl Trust Control again today, hitting balls with a bunch of different clubs at a local demo day. There was only one shot where I had the club slip, but the club had one of the slick stock grips. Never had another issue in probably 100 swings. I really do feel that it is so trustworthy and comfortable that I don't give it any thought at all.

I'm curious if any of the testers are taking part in the outing? I have hyperhidrosis so I'm very curious about how these gloves hold up to heavy sweating and I know there will be quite a bit of sweating going on at PGA National this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious if any of the testers are taking part in the outing? I have hyperhidrosis so I'm very curious about how these gloves hold up to heavy sweating and I know there will be quite a bit of sweating going on at PGA National this month.

I will have one with me at the outing.

Awesome. I'd love to hear your thoughts about it afterwards.

I played nine holes yesterday afternoon using the Hirzl Trust Control glove.

The best compliment that I can give Hirzl is that I didn't think about my glove at all. It was 90ish degrees, probably 70-80% humidity. I never had a club slip, there were no places where the glove construction caused blister/rubbing issues, and the glove still looks brand new when I put it back in the bag.

For Spank, as a comparison to the SPDR2 which is the glove I had been using, I felt there was absolutely no grip difference between the Hirzl and a fresh SPDR2 (which was the grippiest glove I'd tried before). Because the palm is the kangaroo leather instead of the synthetic material on the SPDR2, I thought you could feel the club better with the Hirzl. I left the glove on while putting and could still feel the club very well, where the SPDR2 seems to deaden the putter feel.

I've used the SPDR2 for maybe 5 rounds and 30 range sessions, and have noticed that I'm losing some of the grip with it now, so that will be an ongoing comparsion as I put more rounds and range sessions on the Hirzl as far as durability is concerned.

So far, so good. Hirzl seems to have a well designed product with this line.

Good to hear, Ad! I'll be watching your reviews closely since we'll be comparing our 2 gloves. You hit it dead on as far as my issues with the Spidr2 are... it feels a little padded and I think the venting could be better. I'm hoping that this glove mimics a lot of the good stuff from the Spidr2 and improves on those 2 things.

I promised some pics and here they are:

First one is of the eye catching packaging
01574f5c.jpg

The glove in use
40717ebd.jpg

Resting after putting in a tough 18
29b49d34.jpg

I will have mine there as well

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

First of all, I want to thank THP and Hirzl for this opportunity to test the Hirzl “Trust Feel “ Golf Glove. I
have mostly use Calloway Tech Series golf gloves for the past 3-4 seasons and have use the bionic gloves
on occasion.

Packaging: Very well design and color scheme. Hirzl claims The Ultimate Glove Experience:
1. 100% Sweat Resistant Palm
2. 2 x More Grip in Dry weather conditions
3. 4 x More Grip in Wet weather condition

I played 9 holes yesterday (Friday) and have been to the practice range three times since receiving the
glove on Wednesday. I also did some range time this Saturday afternoon for about two hours.
The XL golf glove fits very well and is more tacky compared to my usually golf glove. I usually have to
alternate with two gloves every 3-4 holes because of sweaty palms. Yesterday, I did not have to
alternate at all using the Hirzl glove.

Trust Feel: I have a small blister on my left glove hand. I have to put a bandage or tape over it before
playing .Yesterday, I did not use any tape or bandage before playing and practicing. The Trust Feel glove
is thick enough that I did not feel the blister. Today (Saturday), I kept the glove on during my short game
session. I usually practice these shots without a glove on.

Durability: This glove seems to be durable and comfortable after several hours of chipping/pitching,
three range sessions and nine holes of play. There are no signs of wear at this time.

So far, I feel the Hirzl “Trust Feel” Golf Glove is as advertised but I have not really been able to test in
wet weather conditions. Today on the practice range, it performed very well in the cool conditions here
in Denver with a light drizzle. This is a very nice, well made golf glove that looks very good. I will
continue to do further testing this next week.

Last edited:
Just got done with another round with the Hirzl glove.
The weather was another great day, so I haven't had the chance to try it out in the rain.
All I can say for today, was the glove performed perfectly and I would not hesitate to buy another one...if this one ever wears out.
Thanks Hirzl....you make a fantastic glove !

HIRZL TRUST Feel

I just played 27 holes and used my HIRZL for the first time. The weather was fairly nice, low 70's and cloudy. We did have some rain this morning before I headed out, but none during play. It wasn't really warm enough for me to sweat, so I can't attest to the sweat proof technology. What I can attest to is that the HIRZL glove is great in dry weather. My glove felt nice and snug during all of my swings and was quite grippy. I did get a wet grip or two after laying my clubs in the grass, but the HIRZL performed just like it should once it got a little wet and I didn't notice any loss of tackiness. I used it from the tee box and all approach shots, but I am still going gloveless around/on the green. I know it's early in testing, but so far I would have to say the HIRZL is a good glove. I am eager to see how durable the HIRZL is. Normally, gloves are starting to wear in the palm for me after a few rounds.

I have a tournament tomorrow afternoon and we have a good chance for t-storms/showers. This may be a good chance for some testing in the rain. More to come tomorrow evening...

I cant wait to see how they hold up for you guys I just changed my glove again today. Worn out already. I dont tahe off my glove to putt it stays on unless I go to Mens room. Sweat becomes an issue then it gets loose. Tired of changing so often. I want to know how many rounds you guys can get out of them. I play 3-4 times a week . Free to walk guys...lol So I need a glove that last.....Hoping your reviews will convince me this is the one.....

If these hold up well for the two that will be using one at the outing, I'm going to order two of each kind they make. I sweat so much and by the turn a Sta-Sof is slick and soaked.

If these hold up well for the two that will be using one at the outing, I'm going to order two of each kind they make. I sweat so much and by the turn a Sta-Sof is slick and soaked.

I know your pain. Playing in Florida weather kills gloves too fast.

I finally got my glove and here are some pics and a few thoughts about the manufactuirng quality and sone initial impressions.
The Packaging
754.jpg

753.jpg

The black,green ande white colors work well together and catch the eye. The title of Trust Control catches the attention of the shopper.
756.jpg

755.jpg

My first thought looking at this glove was this is going to be fun testing it, and it just looks like it will live up to its billing.
760.jpg

Just running my fingers over the palm of the glove it felt sticky. The texture of the palm of the glove felt good and the leather on the back was soft and flexable.
764.jpg

763.jpg

758.jpg

Another thing that caught my attention was there are four strips of elastic on the back to help maintain the stretch of the kangroo leather across the palm. One feature that I am already liking quite a bit is that the elastic on the wrist is at the bottom of the material so it keeps the bottom of the glove smooth ahd tight against the wrist.
Like others the first couple of times of putting it on and taking it off, it felt really tight but after a few times of each it is no longer a problem. I put the glove on and went out in my front yard and swung a club around with the hand with the glove on and I never felt like the club was going to go flying out of my hand. I am not sure about tomorrow but i will be on the course on Tuesday evening in mens league and the weather is supposed to be drizzl and rain so I may have the chance to test it out under some adverse conditions.

great impressions so far, keep them coming :D

Has anyone tried the water jug test yet?

Heading out to play 18 at Nolichucky View GC. It's rained on and off all night and they are calling for scattered showers today. Also 15 degrees cooler temp than normal for this time of year.

Trust Control glove, I'm going to need you today! Full report to come later tonight.

Hey guys, got to demo a few irons today and used the Hirzl in doing so!

I received the Trust Feel and at first putting it on seemed a bit tight. I got the XL but after a few times taking it on and off it felt great, stretched/conformed nicely to my hand. I have to say I love the feel of it, soft and stylish. Much more so than the $5 WalMart glove I was gaming! My biggest concern is tackiness when it comes to a glove. I want to make sure I can keep good contact with the grip and I feel very confident the Hirzl will follow through.

So the clubs I demoed all had stock grips and none of which had been used before. I was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt at this indoor range (Dicks Sporting Goods) and I got warm pretty fast. The first thing I noticed was the breathability of the glove. My hand didn't feel hot or sweaty after about 30 minutes of non stop swinging! I mistakenly wiped my brow with my glove hand and I thought for sure I was in trouble then, I wiped the glove on my jeans and I had ZERO slipping issues! It was fantastic!

By the end of my session, the glove didn't wear on my right hand at all like my $5 glove usually causes a blister or callous because I use an interlock grip. No such problems with the Hirzl because it is so soft. I usually tape my right hand fingers too and I don't believe I'll need to do that going forward with the Hirzl.

What I really noticed was that after getting home and eating dinner, I noticed I had the glove in my jacket pocket still. ALL my other gloves, when they dried out after playing that they were literally crunchy dry. Not the Hirzl, now perhaps this is because it is so new and this was my first use, but I guess I don't see that being the case. I had a Nike glove that I really liked a couple seasons ago, and after every round I placed it back in its hard plastic case til the next round. That glove held up very well considering. But I don't think that will be necessary (selective storage) with the Hirzl.

I might get 9 in tomorrow, and I might get 9 in on Thursday in what appears to be forecasted as a very cold rain. If not, then I'll hit the range and try the bucket test!

Thanks again Hirzl & THP!

Hey guys, got to demo a few irons today and used the Hirzl in doing so!

I received the Trust Feel and at first putting it on seemed a bit tight. I got the XL but after a few times taking it on and off it felt great, stretched/conformed nicely to my hand. I have to say I love the feel of it, soft and stylish. Much more so than the $5 WalMart glove I was gaming! My biggest concern is tackiness when it comes to a glove. I want to make sure I can keep good contact with the grip and I feel very confident the Hirzl will follow through.

So the clubs I demoed all had stock grips and none of which had been used before. I was wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt at this indoor range (Dicks Sporting Goods) and I got warm pretty fast. The first thing I noticed was the breathability of the glove. My hand didn't feel hot or sweaty after about 30 minutes of non stop swinging! I mistakenly wiped my brow with my glove hand and I thought for sure I was in trouble then, I wiped the glove on my jeans and I had ZERO slipping issues! It was fantastic!

By the end of my session, the glove didn't wear on my right hand at all like my $5 glove usually causes a blister or callous because I use an interlock grip. No such problems with the Hirzl because it is so soft. I usually tape my right hand fingers too and I don't believe I'll need to do that going forward with the Hirzl.

What I really noticed was that after getting home and eating dinner, I noticed I had the glove in my jacket pocket still. ALL my other gloves, when they dried out after playing that they were literally crunchy dry. Not the Hirzl, now perhaps this is because it is so new and this was my first use, but I guess I don't see that being the case. I had a Nike glove that I really liked a couple seasons ago, and after every round I placed it back in its hard plastic case til the next round. That glove held up very well considering. But I don't think that will be necessary (selective storage) with the Hirzl.

I might get 9 in tomorrow, and I might get 9 in on Thursday in what appears to be forecasted as a very cold rain. If not, then I'll hit the range and try the bucket test!

Thanks again Hirzl & THP!

Nice job Spaceman

I am so looking forward to continued testing by all the people that received gloves. This is a very intriguing product to me.

I am so looking forward to continued testing by all the people that received gloves. This is a very intriguing product to me.

I would think this would be a perfect glove for Florida golf

I got a round in with my glove bright and early yesterday morning. I teed off at 8:30 so there was still dew on the ground. I was by myself so it gave me time to mess around with the glove and some other things I have been working on. First tee was my first swing with the Hirzl glove. I swear this glove really allows you to loosen your grip and feel confident that the glove is not going to slip. Because it was ealry I was not able to see how the glove was affected by sweat. I was also playing at a slower pace because I was all alone on the course. One thing I found very useful with the glove is because it was a dewey morning, I was not once concerned with getting the glove wet, there were a couple times where I got it wet on purpose by putting my hand in the grass just to see if it affected the grip as well as to see how quickly the water went away. This really is where the glove shined for me. First off, you couldnt even tell it was wet. second, it "dried" out rather quickly. The water was just an after thought. Have I mentioned how ridiculously soft this glove is? It feels so good on your hand, its a very confortable glove. Another thing I wanted to try was I put my putter on the ground as I was chipping, which is something we all do, when I got through chipping and picked my putter up I actually used my glove to wipe off any water on the grip. This worked like a charm and the grip felt very dry. I am sure thats not a feature of the glove, but its def something I would use it for. Overall, I am very impressed with this glove so far. I love how soft it is, its super tacky, and water is an after thought. I can not wait til wednesday where I will give this glove a go in some Florida heat

Still no glove in the mailbox for me, I really need it now to. My old glove are almost finished and I don`t want to buy a new before I have tested the Hirzl Glove.

One-T,
That's great to know how well the glove performs with clubs that get wet in the dew. Most of my rounds are in the early morning and I'm looking forward to doing a similar test this coming weekend. Of course the forecast is calling for rain, so I may get more wet glove/grip testing than what I'm bargaining for.

Back