Has there ever been a Tour Player on THP?

Understandably keeping low profiles- could you imagine their PM's if they outed themselves :oops: :oops:
There are a few current and former pro athletes that hang around in some sports memorabilia Facebook groups, particularly baseball players...they will occassionally out themselves and people are usually pretty chill towards them or they get booted real quick-like.

There are a few current and former pro athletes that hang around in some sports memorabilia Facebook groups, particularly baseball players...they will occassionally out themselves and people are usually pretty chill towards them or they get booted real quick-like.
I don't doubt it, but I will also say there's some that would abuse. I had this conversation once with @Jman after sending him a PM that took him a bit to respond to. I won't quote him as it's been a minute, but he mentioned very rarely checking his PM's as the amount of folks who asked for things was out of control.

I don't doubt it, but I will also say there's some that would abuse. I had this conversation once with @Jman after sending him a PM that took him a bit to respond to. I won't quote him as it's been a minute, but he mentioned very rarely checking his PM's as the amount of folks who asked for things was out of control.
underworld: blood wars underworld GIF by New York Comic Con

Yes. I can’t say who.

It’s probably someone we wouldn’t expect like Scottie Sheffler. I could see him coming here and researching mallet head putters after Rory suggested that he switch to one.

I know everybody is wired differently, but that's just beyond my comprehension. The only time I've ever PM'ed mods/staffers is in response to contests or Experience entries when we were told to PM them. The thought of doing it to beg for free s**t or bother them about trivial things is just unbelievable to me.

I'd like to think I would treat a professional athlete the same as anyone else but it's hard not to be a little star-struck. The main thing is not to invade anyones privacy or make them feel uncomfortable. We had a lot of famous people come into the restaurant I worked as a kid and while it was cool to see them their, you learned not to go up to someone who's eating dinner.

As far as golf, from my perspective a tour pro is not that far from the guys on here who are + players. I know they are better but both are so far from my game that there shouldn't be much in common to talk about. Yet, the plus players here seem very cool about accepting everyone regardless of skill and just talking golf. I've never sensed any sort of condescending attitude (unless I'm too dense to have noticed :unsure:). Anyway, I think a lot of that is just the culture on this site.

On another forum with a much different culture, there was a teaching and club pro who had played in PGA tour events back in the Nicklaus days. He obviously had a wealth of knowledge but instead of using it constructively, he instead came off as an a-hole and troll towards others - even those who played at a high level. I always thought it was shame.

It’s probably someone we wouldn’t expect like Scottie Sheffler. I could see him coming here and researching mallet head putters after Rory suggested that he switch to one.

I won't out people i've spoken to in private, but i know one person who did admit to being on forums a bit was Jason Dufner. This was some time ago i believe before his major, but around the time when he was a top player

I won't out people i've spoken to in private, but i know one person who did admit to being on forums a bit was Jason Dufner. This was some time ago i believe before his major, but around the time when he was a top player
Dufner’s great. I’m a big Auburn fan so I’ve followed his career since college.

Boy he wouldn’t like the things I’ve said about him here then hahaha

Maybe he’s also seen the nice things you’ve said about his YouTube content

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

I know everybody is wired differently, but that's just beyond my comprehension. The only time I've ever PM'ed mods/staffers is in response to contests or Experience entries when we were told to PM them. The thought of doing it to beg for free s**t or bother them about trivial things is just unbelievable to me.
I've PM'ed people before, including mods, mostly to say / ask something that I wanted feedback on, but wasn't really a public question / discussion. One thing that's always impressed me here is the speed and thoroughness of responses has been great. Then again, I've never begged for free stuff; like you that's rather beyond me.

Dufner’s great. I’m a big Auburn fan so I’ve followed his career since college.

He seemed like a nice guy, he was posting to clear up some stuff that happened at a tournament some years ago.

This must've been like 7-8 years ago now.

In general i'm not sure the top guys (like JT, Spieth, Fowler, Sheffler etc) are gonna post much , maybe just read

But guys in the 50-100 range, for sure. And their caddies definitely.

Back