Has anyone ever dyed their balls?

It's not that thread.

I think it was lost in the great loss of 12. I found a copy of it....but on another much darker and less happy site. I can PM the link to you if you'd like Smalls.

Just pulled them out of the dye and results are disappointing. They have a yellow hue to them, but not what I was going for! Hopefully I can get in touch with runpuddrun and he can give me some better instructions.

I'll use them today anyway. Just not what I was going for.

I do think some balls are going to dye better than others. I put a Pinnacle in there and it came out still white, after sitting in the dye overnight.

Just pulled them out of the dye and results are disappointing. They have a yellow hue to them, but not what I was going for! Hopefully I can get in touch with runpuddrun and he can give me some better instructions.

I'll use them today anyway. Just not what I was going for.

I do think some balls are going to dye better than others. I put a Pinnacle in there and it came out still white, after sitting in the dye overnight.

Like I said...he didn't get really good results from regular buy it at the grocery store dye.....he had to order some "pro" grade dye straight from the manufacterer

I did the same search last night looking for the thread...he had pics of balls and he even did a couple of Hex Blacks as a test for me and they came out great....then he was kind enough to mail me a sample of the dye....but I got busy and never got around to using it....now I cant find the recipe and instructions..I think it must have gotten lost in the great crash of 2012

I think it was lost in the great loss of 12. I found a copy of it....but on another much darker and less happy site. I can PM the link to you if you'd like Smalls.

Thanks, Jman. I checked out the price and it's $16.50 for a pound of powdered dye plus $11.50 to ship it. I don't know if I want to spend $28 to do this! Although I could save the dye once I mix it I suppose.

This is the one he said he used: http://www.ritdye.com/store/professional/neon-yellow-pro-group

Like I said...he didn't get really good results from regular buy it at the grocery store dye.....he had to order some "pro" grade dye straight from the manufacterer

I did the same search last night looking for the thread...he had pics of balls and he even did a couple of Hex Blacks as a test for me and they came out great....then he was kind enough to mail me a sample of the dye....but I got busy and never got around to using it....now I cant find the recipe and instructions..I think it must have gotten lost in the great crash of 2012

I am trying to talk myself into ordering some. I know the HEX Blacks didn't do very good in the store bought dye! Some color to them, but pretty light.

Thanks, Jman. I checked out the price and it's $16.50 for a pound of powdered dye plus $11.50 to ship it. I don't know if I want to spend $28 to do this! Although I could save the dye once I mix it I suppose.

This is the one he said he used: http://www.ritdye.com/store/professional/neon-yellow-pro-group

Guess it depends on how many dozen balls you can do with a pound of dye...LOL

Like I said...I have a little bit of the right kind of dye..just no idea how to do it

Guess it depends on how many dozen balls you can do with a pound of dye...LOL

Like I said...I have a little bit of the right kind of dye..just no idea how to do it

He said this at another place:

I bought the professional neon yellow off their site and barely used any, like 1/2 teaspoon. I'm going to do another batch tonight and use 1 or 2 teaspoons and see what it looks like. I bought a 1 lb tub. I wouldn't mind selling some as it will last me until eternity...

But he didn't say how much water!

Found this in a later post:

Ha, literally takes 5 minutes...Can't golf at midnight either.

I used 1 teaspoon neon yellow RIT (available only online) to about 1 `/1 cups. Heated the water to almost boiling and then put the dye in and then the balls after stirring.

I assume that is supposed to be 1-1/2 cups.

Try it out today, Tim. I think you said you can't golf today anyway!

I am gonna give it a whirl...I will post pics later!

I am gonna give it a whirl...I will post pics later!

Glad you locate the dye for your balls, hopefully you were able to track down directions-I think the Great Backup Crisis of 2012 might have consumed that thread lol

i think light blue would get lost in the sky and would end up being lost more. Lime Green is out of the question. Im pretty sure the best ball for fall is white, as ive never seen white leaves.

Tons of poplar trees here, and their leaves are bright white one one side and shiny silver on the other.

My wife says that now that I did this, I HAVE to try out the professional dye to see if it works.

I just wish I hadn't dyed a dozen HEX Blacks! They are the color that balls tend to get after they've been lost for a long time.

Still useable, but kinda ugly!

I need to go buy a cheap Tupperware thing to do this in...maybe tonight

:quiet:

I wonder how they would look if I dyed my balls blue?

that would make an interesting conversation starter, plus I doubt anyone would try to steal my ball or that other players would mistake my ball for theirs?

that would make an interesting conversation starter, plus I doubt anyone would try to steal my ball or that other players would mistake my ball for theirs?

I've got some blue balls :blob:.... Boz sent me a couple in a recent test pack and I'm anxious to see how they perform.

I've got some blue balls :blob:.... Boz sent me a couple in a recent test pack and I'm anxious to see how they perform.

:bulgy-eyes:. . .haha sounds interesting and I wonder how they look in the rough, I wonder if it would be harder to see than yellow balls in the rough. our fairways turn a nasty yellow brown during the winter so yellow balls get hard to play with so I want to play with something like blue that will stand out

:bulgy-eyes:. . .haha sounds interesting and I wonder how they look in the rough, I wonder if it would be harder to see than yellow balls in the rough. our fairways turn a nasty yellow brown during the winter so yellow balls get hard to play with so I want to play with something like blue that will stand out

I will take a few pics of my blue balls next time on the course. It will be interesting to see how they look in the fairway, rough, sand, etc. I hope I don't lose them right away as I only have a couple to play with.

As humorous as the last couple posts have been, let's remember that this isn't a thread about buying colored golf balls, it's about making your own.

As humorous as the last couple posts have been, let's remember that this isn't a thread about buying colored golf balls, it's about making your own.

well I meant I want to dye by Hex Blacks Blue sorry but I did say that in my original post just wasn't specific enough I guess

Sorry Smalles

I could of so used this article this spring when I was looking for Purple Golf balls for an outing!

Back