Has anyone ever dyed their balls?

I'm impressed.

there was this bachelor party once.........nah, i think i'd just buy some srixon yellows or something. this seems like too much work for me. i golf to get away from work and honey-do stuff.

LMAO I was reading the thread title and just thought how badly derailed this thread could go

I think it was Duffy Waldorf (sp?) that had his daughter draw on his golf balls .

I'm attempting this right now.

Once I get the time down I'll post pics or video.

I wonder what the best colour for seeing balls in the leaves would be? Yellow and white both suck b/c of the yellow/white/brown leaves. Bright orange might work, but I'm thinking a sky blue would work well. Will have to get some next time my wife brings me to Michael's. Looks like it works pretty well.

An hour and 40 minutes so far in the dye. I used Lemon Yellow, as that was the only yellow they had. I added 6 teaspoons to four cups of water at the beginning, then added a teaspoon of orange after an hour to try to make it darker.

Upon further review, I found online that Callaway balls are better for a lighter shade. So this could take a while and more dye, most likely.

Six hours and I added more dye to make it a total of 15 teaspoons of yellow and three of orange. Just going to let it sit overnight and hope it darkens up by tomorrow morning.

I guess they are right that Callaway balls dye light.

I wonder what the best colour for seeing balls in the leaves would be? Yellow and white both suck b/c of the yellow/white/brown leaves. Bright orange might work, but I'm thinking a sky blue would work well. Will have to get some next time my wife brings me to Michael's. Looks like it works pretty well.

I don't think I would care for blue balls.

An hour and 40 minutes so far in the dye. I used Lemon Yellow, as that was the only yellow they had. I added 6 teaspoons to four cups of water at the beginning, then added a teaspoon of orange after an hour to try to make it darker.

Upon further review, I found online that Callaway balls are better for a lighter shade. So this could take a while and more dye, most likely.

There is another thread with this in it....somebody was dyeing balls various colors early this year and found he had to order Rite PRO Optic Yellow dye to get it right.

There is another thread with this in it....somebody was dyeing balls various colors early this year and found he had to order Rite PRO Optic Yellow dye to get it right.

I believe it was Runpudrun's thread titled do you ever paint your balls, and then there was the other thread called "do you ever wash your balls"-this one blew up fast haha.

It was a cool concept, I'd never heard of dying golf balls prior to that thread

I believe it was Runpudrun's thread titled do you ever paint your balls, and then there was the other thread called "do you ever wash your balls"-this one blew up fast haha.

It was a cool concept, I'd never heard of dying golf balls prior to that thread

You are right it was Runpudrun's thread.....he even sent me some dye....after the split with the ex and stuff it's probably in a box somewhere...need to find it and give it a try

You are right it was Runpudrun's thread.....he even sent me some dye....after the split with the ex and stuff it's probably in a box somewhere...need to find it and give it a try

Yellow HEx Blacks would be awesome

Yellow HEx Blacks would be awesome

I found the dye....now I gotta find the thread to get his instuctions.....he did some Hex Blacks in a test and posted pictures of them

I found the dye....now I gotta find the thread to get his instuctions.....he did some Hex Blacks in a test and posted pictures of them

Awesome, keep us updated!! I'd love to hear your results

I cant find the dang thread with the instructions in it...dang it

His screen name is runpuddrun if that helps boys.

yeah we figured that part out...just can't seem to find the dang thread

Heck he started me thinking about it cause he tried to dye some tonight.

i think light blue would get lost in the sky and would end up being lost more. Lime Green is out of the question. Im pretty sure the best ball for fall is white, as ive never seen white leaves.

Have I ever done what :bulgy-eyes:!

I think he just posted in an existing thread (some random thread, maybe what golf stuff did you do today, just thought of that one). I looked at his started threads and there is nothing. I also looked at his previous posts, and it must have been over 500 of his posts ago, because nothing shows up under his profile.

Back