How do we think this look would translate to a putter?
1158A2A4-F83E-4F45-875B-438413437DAC.jpeg

I’ll have to check those out. Thanks!
They are still budget firearms but for what you get they work well and are reliable

Speaking of budget firearms, my EDC is a Bersa Thunder 380 that might be the most reliable gun I own.

W
This is my first Taurus. Do you have one? If so, what do you think of it?
Honestly? I used to be in the firearms business. We had a saying. "Friends dont let friends buy Tauruses". As a plinker, no problem, but I would never carry one CCW.

W
Honestly? I used to be in the firearms business. We had a saying. "Friends dont let friends buy Tauruses". As a plinker, no problem, but I would never carry one CCW.
Interesting. I’ve heard good things about their revolvers. I won’t be carrying it for CCW. I have various semi-auto pistols for that.

I have a Colt Python .357, so hoping to compare the two.

Last edited:
W
100% agree.. Glock double stack or Sig P365XL are my default answers. S&W j-frame if you want something small for the pocket.

Went on a tour of the Staccato factory today in Florence, Texas. No pictures allowed inside. But highly recommend the tour if you live nearby. Very informative and fun!

Last edited:
  • On Fire
Reactions: Bus
My country club allows members to go out in utility carts on Monday morning with shotguns to help eradicate rock chucks.
I’ve never had more fun on a course.
Over 50 removed in three hours.

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpeg
    IMG_0808.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 19
My country club allows members to go out in utility carts on Monday morning with shotguns to help eradicate rock chucks.

Ha! That’s crazy!! A course I used to work for had a top-secret-hush-hush-don’t-ask-don’t-tell-goose-a-rama in the winter. Almost as tasty as a whistle pig. Easy pass. 🤣

Count Me In Tommy Dewey GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

Took a Ruger American 243 and threw a Magpul stock on it w/ a 4-32-50 NV. If needed, I can take a coyote , at night to 300. Most shots are a 150 and in BUT if I had to I can

Well… again I select pic, hit add and nothing

Took a Ruger American 243 and threw a Magpul stock on it w/ a 4-32-50 NV. If needed, I can take a coyote , at night to 300. Most shots are a 150 and in BUT if I had to I can

RAR’s are stupid accurate, even with cheap federal blue box stuff. I bought one off a buddy, cut the barrel to 18” and put an old 2x7 one it. Ended up hunting with it more than anything else. They take a licking.

Stupid question probably but I'm asking it anyway. Can anyone tell me about Canik? I saw 1 pic here posted in 2022 and nothing else. I'm kind of interested in them but having difficulty separating the chatter on the internet from the shills. I'm not seeing very many negative reviews on them... that makes me wonder if there's substance to them and they're really good, or I'm just not looking in the right spot.

I'm wondering about gun safes or residential security containers. I've seen Liberty safes and they look good but are they any better at $2,500 or $3,000 than a Cannon or Winchester from Tractor Supply for $1,100 or less?

Stupid question probably but I'm asking it anyway. Can anyone tell me about Canik? I saw 1 pic here posted in 2022 and nothing else. I'm kind of interested in them but having difficulty separating the chatter on the internet from the shills. I'm not seeing very many negative reviews on them... that makes me wonder if there's substance to them and they're really good, or I'm just not looking in the right spot.
Caniks are fairly well regarded, I think at least some of their models are basically Turkish copies of CZ produced guns.

If you’re looking for an inexpensive gun CZ is clearancing their current models for very reasonable prices. I’ve seen P-09s and P-10s going for ~$300

I'm wondering about gun safes or residential security containers. I've seen Liberty safes and they look good but are they any better at $2,500 or $3,000 than a Cannon or Winchester from Tractor Supply for $1,100 or less?
The biggest thing with safes is more money will get you a longer fire rating and heavier gauge steel which is tougher to defeat.

I got both of mine at estate sales. Both very nice and paid $700 total I think. Definitely worth looking into.

Golf balls make good skeets, but only do this at the farthest reaches of the golf course.

Just picked a MC9 figured it wasn’t hateful cost wise and same as yourself wanted to see if the fuss was worth it. I’m absolutely pleased so far as I’ve ran a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend. Started with about a hundred older tarnished rounds as a way to force a fail and it just ran flawlessly, followed then by another hundred random brands to see what it likes or dislikes and still no failures. For the size it shoots really well, and for what it comes with is a tremendous value and not in a good just for the cost way. If you were to add a couple hundred to the cost at a more even level to the competition in that category it’d still come out ahead of quite a few others in a competitive test.

Like many other things, buy a bigger safe than you think you'll need.

This is my first Taurus. Do you have one? If so, what do you think of it?
I’m a little late seeing this one but I have 2 G2c and a 24/7oss from Taurus each with many hundreds of rounds and I’ve only ever had 1 jam and it was with steel case instead of brass. The 24/7 is probably my favorite pistol, better for me than the Glock 19x, the M&P 9L, and the CZ.

Just picked a MC9 figured it wasn’t hateful cost wise and same as yourself wanted to see if the fuss was worth it. I’m absolutely pleased so far as I’ve ran a couple hundred rounds through it this weekend. Started with about a hundred older tarnished rounds as a way to force a fail and it just ran flawlessly, followed then by another hundred random brands to see what it likes or dislikes and still no failures. For the size it shoots really well, and for what it comes with is a tremendous value and not in a good just for the cost way. If you were to add a couple hundred to the cost at a more even level to the competition in that category it’d still come out ahead of quite a few others in a competitive test.

It's kind of the MC9 I was interested in. Then I saw 1 video on you tube saying "I ran 700 rounds through it and it failed"... with trying to fire out of battery, pulling the trigger and the slide not being fully forward and the striker hitting the primer and seating the slide... so I dunno about that. OOB isn't on my bucket list of things to experience. Yet, the TP9SF or whatever their full size frames are have no issues? I guess they've got kinks to work out with the MC9 maybe.

That's why I'm asking about the safe... a $2,500 or $3,000 safe limits the stuff I can buy whereas a $1,100 safe means I can put more stuff in it. :ROFLMAO:

It's kind of the MC9 I was interested in. Then I saw 1 video on you tube saying "I ran 700 rounds through it and it failed"... with trying to fire out of battery, pulling the trigger and the slide not being fully forward and the striker hitting the primer and seating the slide... so I dunno about that. OOB isn't on my bucket list of things to experience. Yet, the TP9SF or whatever their full size frames are have no issues? I guess they've got kinks to work out with the MC9 maybe.

That's why I'm asking about the safe... a $2,500 or $3,000 safe limits the stuff I can buy whereas a $1,100 safe means I can put more stuff in it. :ROFLMAO:
I have a Cannon and it's served me well for more than a decade.

My wife's uncle built a retirement house a few years back. It has a walk in gun safe that is probably 20x30. One of the crazier things I've seen.

Back