Great TV/Movie quotes

What we've got here is failure to communicate

squeal like a pig boyyy

Release the Kraken (old school version)

50% of the time, it works ALL the time.

Not sure if this one has been posted, but one of my truly favorite quotes. Alec bringing it with the God Complex.

" Boy ........ I'm gunna bar-b-q your A$$" ...... Jackie Gleason in Smoky and the bandit .
Man there are tons of great lines in that movie ...... LOL

dont forget to shake the bush... outstanding!

A little digging here, but there are some new members who might like to share some of their favorites too.

Tombstone:

Curly Bill: Hey Johnny, what did that Mexican mean by a sick horse is going to get us?
Johnny Ringo: He was quoting the Bible, Revelations. "Behold the pale horse". The man who "sat on him was Death... and Hell followed with him".

Jackass 3D:

Johnny Knoxville: [dressed as Santa Claus] Santa did have a few drinks last night, so this ain't gonna feel too good.

prepare the wave motion gun

Baseball been betty betty goood to me

Great choice JB...I love Alec Baldwin.

WARNING THIS CONTAINS FOUL LANGUAGE

Prediction?......Pain

Random Quotes from Serenity:

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: You all wanna be looking very intently at your own belly buttons. I see a head start to rise, violence is going to ensue. Probably guessed we mean to be thieving here but what we're after is not yours. So, let's have no undue fussing.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: [to Inara] But you fog things up! You always have. You spin me about. I wish like hell you were elsewhere.
Inara Serra: [sighs] I was.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Half of writing history is hiding the truth.

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Define "interesting".
Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Inara Serra: Mal, what are you doing here?
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: You invited me.
Inara Serra: I never thought for a second you'd be stupid enough to come!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Well that makes you a tease.

The Operative: I'm sorry. If your quarry goes to ground, leave no ground to go to. You should have taken my offer. Or did you think none of this was your fault?
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: I don't murder children.
The Operative: I do. If I have to.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Why? Do you even know why they sent you?
The Operative: It's not my place to ask. I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: So me and mine gotta lay down and die... so you can live in your better world?
The Operative: I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... any more than there is for you. Malcolm... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: But it ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of flyin' is? Well I suppose you do, since you already know what I'm about to say.
River Tam:I do. But I like to hear you say it.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Love. You can know all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as a turn in the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

I think the best quote is from Reservoir Dogs when Mr. Blonde says: “Are you gonna bark all day little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?”

I think the best movies quotes are the ones you can use over and over again in many different social situations. They are even better if they make people laugh.

Shrek 2

Shrek: "Donkey, you HAVE the right to remain silent. What you lack, is the capacity."

Donkey: "I'm sorry, the position of annoying talking animal has already been filled."

BOONDOCK SAINTS:

Conner: "I'm strangely comfortable with it."

"Hooker!"- TJ Hooker

There are a lot of new people here and maybe they would like the chance to share some of their favorite quotes.

Here is one from The Big Lebowski:

The Dude: "Yeah, well. The Dude abides."
The Stranger: "The Dude abides. I don't know about you but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' 'er easy for all us sinners. Shoosh. I sure hope he makes the finals."

Cool Hand Luke - Dragline as he is watching a sexy girl wash a car. " My Lord, whatever I done, don't strike me blind for another couple of minutes."

And the most famous of all - Captain of the prison - "What we got here is... failure to communicate."

Back