Golf shorts: How short is too short?

I think these 8 inch Callaway shorts are a nice easy transition into showing thigh.
Can we go shorter?
IMG_9839.jpeg

5"

Anytime you do a double take Looking at someone's shorts.

I have 6" that feel long
Strap it up and go for 5!
Big Brother Pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

8 and my phone srays put. 7 and often when I sit my phone slides out. 8's for me.

With 5 and 6 I'd be worried something else might show up when you sit

9-11 inches seems like the popular range today. Of course with some individuals, anything less than their long pants inseam is living dangerously.

9-11 inches seems like the popular range today. Of course with some individuals, anything less than their long pants inseam is living dangerously.
Augusta National , Cypress Point, SF Golf Club and more traditional policy golf clubs do not permit men to wear short pants while playing golf.

Augusta National , Cypress Point, SF Golf Club and more traditional policy golf clubs do not permit men to wear short pants while playing golf.
Just curious, do they use a measure tape or something if unsure?

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
To clarify, I was describing the popular inseam length in the apparel industry.

just don't be this guy

To clarify, I was describing the popular inseam length in the apparel industry.
I know you were, and I pointed out that if one wants to be traditional he needs to save his short pants for the basketball court, play his golf wearing long pants, and like it.

We had a guy in my old golf league that would wear shorts with maybe a 3-4" inseam.

I had to actually go out and buy a pair of trousers the other month when I got invited to play MPCC because of the no shorts rule. Shorts are all I wear.

I had to actually go out and buy a pair of trousers the other month when I got invited to play MPCC because of the no shorts rule. Shorts are all I wear.
I’ve heard stories about those kinds of surprises upon check in at places. I learned to google it juuuust to be safe, or make a phone call. They won’t chastise you for being respectful (and unable to locate it on their website if they have one)

Back