Golf shorts: How short is too short?

That post

aka GolfOrElse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Boycotting
Because I think I want to test those limits this summer.

8"ish. If you can see your thighs, they're too short

8"ish. If you can see your thighs, they're too short
I’m seeing plenty of 7” shorts in my wardrobe refresh searches.

I like to live dangerously.

For me 7"-9" is perfect. 7" is a tad short and 9" is a tad long. I'm 6'0" and 240lb. Height makes a difference I think we have a hard time quantifying. 7" on someone 6'5" is going to be quiet different than 7" on someone 5'6".

Last edited:
Wore 8" yesterday seemed very very fine, color me surprised, I'm trying on 7s today, color me curious, thigh i think 8s are the sweet spot. I'm 6'2".

For me 7"-9" is perfect. 7" and 9" is a tad long. I'm 6'0" and 240lb. Height makes a difference I think we have a hard time quantifying. 7" on someone 6'5" is going to be quiet different than 7" on someone 5'6".
Yeah I never really thought about that part. I’m not tall so 7" on my 5’10” frame is going to be quite different

I like right around the 8" range. Just above the knee.

For me 7"-9" is perfect. 7" and 9" is a tad long. I'm 6'0" and 240lb. Height makes a difference I think we have a hard time quantifying. 7" on someone 6'5" is going to be quiet different than 7" on someone 5'6".
This exactly and leg length matters as well. I’ve got a lot of golf buddies who are 6’3” to 6’5” and they would look silly in 7” shorts but they are fine on me at 5’11”.

My tan lines keep going higher from being at the beach. I need to push the boundaries!

Richard Simmons GIF

After further review, 8" is tut answer.

@That post is wanting to bring these bad boys back...
1713269255976.png

I’m 6’4”. The 7 inch shorts we got at the MC and the 8 inch Dealers are my preference. 9 are okay.

8" is usually where I land. 7" is ok, but pushes (literal) boundaries. If the shorts are short, they need to stretch or they ride up too much if you attempt to move.

Typically wear 7" and could probably get away with 6", too. 5" is probably pushing it a little too far. I am 6'1" for reference. I wouldn't want my shorts any longer than 7" though.

7" is fine.

Other than to discuss / argue with people on the internet I don't really care as long as they don't go all the way over my knee. Then it starts looking a little sus, as the kids say.

Gotta be careful trying to push these limits man. I’m not trying to look like a hairy, tattooed Paige out there.

Back