I am so glad that this thread has gained some interest by folks on THP. The same thing happened when I started a thread about Golfsmith. Some really nice comments came forth. It is amazing in the golf world the things that have touched us, or we have made memories with in this journey.. Now, if the same could be said about my game...

Last edited:
Used them several years ago after a set of mine was nicked. Ordered them for the interim while I was bit "economically challenged". TRX v11's at the time. Online 'customization' was fine. They contacted me after receiving the order that the grips I wanted were out of stock/backordered. "Would you like to upgrade at no cost?". So that was good. Clubs were fine and served their purpose until I ordered the Hogan Blacks a couple of years later.

I check the webpage every so often- it's disappointing that they never seem to update any of the clubs, or so it seems. Drivers seem trapped in tech from several years ago.
Would I recommend them to someone these days? Maybe- but not at the top of the list. Plenty of options out there these days with newer/better lookin tech and similar prices.

They're not clones. Clone companies use the cheapest components they can get. Giga uses good quality components. My set has True Temper Feather Flite shafts which is their stock shafts in irons. Plus, they have an albeit limited selection of steel or graphite shafts. My shafts have 'finest quality" stenciled, not a stickered, on the shafts, which denotes an upper level shaft. They're not top shelf, they just go through a few less quality checks than the top shelf True Tempers. The grips, although not a well known name are fine. Just keep them clean and they will stay grippy for a long time. The grips on my clubs are 9 years old and still feel sticky when kept clean.
My TRX irons had UST Mamiya shafts made for GG. I liked them.

Used them several years ago after a set of mine was nicked. Ordered them for the interim while I was bit "economically challenged". TRX v11's at the time. Online 'customization' was fine. They contacted me after receiving the order that the grips I wanted were out of stock/backordered. "Would you like to upgrade at no cost?". So that was good. Clubs were fine and served their purpose until I ordered the Hogan Blacks a couple of years later.

I check the webpage every so often- it's disappointing that they never seem to update any of the clubs, or so it seems. Drivers seem trapped in tech from several years ago.
Would I recommend them to someone these days? Maybe- but not at the top of the list. Plenty of options out there these days with newer/better lookin tech and similar prices.
Yeah, my only real knock against them is they almost never release anything new.

They have great pictures, although they could use more, of the clubs. I think the **** downs in China have hurt the small companies product development and manufacturing quite a bit.

Yeah, my only real knock against them is they almost never release anything new.
This is true. But as the tech becomes more common, they will have to upgrade their inventory, or they will get left behind.

They have great pictures, although they could use more, of the clubs. I think the **** downs in China have hurt the small companies product development and manufacturing quite a bit.
This is nothing new...

B14A7F02-C658-4E60-9AF4-C607946A09B5.jpeg
I got these. Gonna pick them up tomorrow. I know they say PowerBilt, but when I checked them out online, it sends me to GigaGolf. Did GigaGolf take over or what? By the way, that’s not rust, just a reflection.

View attachment 9158115
I got these. Gonna pick them up tomorrow. I know they say PowerBilt, but when I checked them out online, it sends me to GigaGolf. Did GigaGolf take over or what? By the way, that’s not rust, just a reflection.
To be honest, those look more like the Power Built TRX boxed set irons than the Giga Golf TRX ones.

1676653322051.png vs 1676653369658.png

Interesting I think Head is selling clubs under the Powerbilt name.

Attachments

• 70F3BC5D-3C81-457C-B583-9E3A7D80C93B.png
    70F3BC5D-3C81-457C-B583-9E3A7D80C93B.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 8
When I was first starting I did the static online fitting through Giga and thought about purchasing. Ultimately I bought Maltby instead because I don't love the idea of clone clubs, but from everything I read they are well made clones for half the price.
I have purchased both Maltby and giga golf irons. Both companies have their name on the club head so either they are both clones or not. Neither has their own manufacturing facilities. Actually the same could be said for all the big names of clubs. Mostly all golf club heads and many shafts are made in China.

Back around 10-11 yrs ago I bought a couple of their Reva hybrids. Think I had the 4h with a graphite shaft and the 6i with the Feather Flight Steel shaft.
I really like the 6i. I am someone who always looks for launch in that 6i spot and this one delivered in spades.
I think it was something like 30-31* if I recall correctly so it was a little shorter than I wanted it to go and was replaced by a Cleveland Altitude 6i which was 26*.
But I enjoyed that Reva when I had it. fun club. i have often thought of buying the 5i and using it as a one off club.
There is another component hybrid iron out there called the Integra iDrive. The idrive and the Reva are pretty much the same component head.

Giga Reva
1707532188239.png

Integra iDrive
1707532222011.png

I think Giga uses open source designs with altered graphics primarily. Maltby does their own design work and testing.

Back around 10-11 yrs ago I bought a couple of their Reva hybrids. Think I had the 4h with a graphite shaft and the 6i with the Feather Flight Steel shaft.
I really like the 6i. I am someone who always looks for launch in that 6i spot and this one delivered in spades.
I think it was something like 30-31* if I recall correctly so it was a little shorter than I wanted it to go and was replaced by a Cleveland Altitude 6i which was 26*.
But I enjoyed that Reva when I had it. fun club. i have often thought of buying the 5i and using it as a one off club.
There is another component hybrid iron out there called the Integra iDrive. The idrive and the Reva are pretty much the same component head.

Giga Reva
View attachment 9241757

Integra iDrive
View attachment 9241760

I had the Reva 4h and couldn’t hit it with any consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, the season has started. Anyone playing GigaGolf clubs? Just a thought, as I will start my 4th season with the Revas(hybrid irons) in my bag. Trying a new ball this weekend, and I am anxious to see how well this ball plays off my hybrid irons. Just curious if anyone has purchased from Giga, or if those that have had Giga in their bag, are playing them this year? I do enjoy playing my HI's, and hope to continue for the coming years. Wondered if anyone else is on that train?

Back