drb1956

Reaction score
Handicap
25+
Any of our fellow golfers ever purchase clubs, or have ever played clubs from GigaGolf, based in Florida? Basically an online type clubbuilder(?), that will build a set to your specs. Clublength, shafts, which have limited selection, grips and grip thickness, again with limited selection. No major OEM, but their own limited selection of club heads, and are matched to the shaft you choose. They have an online "sizing" tutorial, so you can fit yourself. So, obviously pricing is not that of the OEM's, but is pretty reasonable, say if someone is looking for a set, or just a club, and can't afford major OEM pricing. I have a set of Reva Hybrid Irons that I purchased in 2020, and they are well made club heads. They feel very solid when striking the ball, and distance is not less than any OEM I have played. The ball gets up easily, and can be played from just about any lie. With shipping, and a timeline of a week once I placed the order, costing me less than $400. The set starts with a 4hi, at 24*, and goes to a PWhi, at 46*. Other than a slightly smaller club face, they play like any conventional iron, or lofted fairway, and the ball gets up easily. Still have not really decided if these are my long term clubs, even after three years, as I have contact issues at times, due to the smaller club face. When I do make good contact, ball does what it is supposed to do. Doing GolfTec in March, to see if this issue can be corrected, or if I should just move on to a more "forgiving" set of irons. I am also having contact issues with driver at times, and fairways. Probably more the operator, than the equipment...

I have not played any of their clubs but wouldn’t hesitate to do so. The newest model is very similar to the Sub70 699 and Ram FX77 both of which are very well reviewed.

I currently have a set of 9 year old TRX v.11 irons, 4-pw, 52,56,and 60 degree wedges, and Power Max KC2 10.5* driver, and 15 and 18* fairways and have absolutely no problems with any of them.
I also bought a Pursuit blade MB510 7 iron, regular flex shaft, and a C510 A-flex shaft with midsize grip 7 iron cavity back. Everything I have ever bought from them has been as good quality as any major brand and and considering my game I see no reason for buying much more expensive clubs.

When I was first starting I did the static online fitting through Giga and thought about purchasing. Ultimately I bought Maltby instead because I don't love the idea of clone clubs, but from everything I read they are well made clones for half the price.

When I got back into the game in 2017 my first set of clubs were GigaGolf, and they were great. I now play Maltby clubs, but mainly because GG doesn’t come out with new releases and I wanted to upgrade. They literally offer the same heads they did in 2017. That being said, I had no complaints about the quality or performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I got back into the game in 2017 my first set of clubs were GigaGolf, and they were great. I now play Maltby clubs, but mainly because GG doesn’t come out with new releases and I wanted to upgrade. They literally offer the same heads they did in 2017. That being said, I had no complaints about the quality or performance.

They have added a players distance iron similar to the 699 Pro from Sub70.

They have added a players distance iron similar to the 699 Pro from Sub70.

Yeah I saw that. Not a club I’d be using unfortunately.

Had some back in 2011. They served me well for almost 10 years.

I did notice they are a little slow to put out new clubs. But, they are good quality up to this point. Hopefully, they will add to their inventory...

When I was first starting I did the static online fitting through Giga and thought about purchasing. Ultimately I bought Maltby instead because I don't love the idea of clone clubs, but from everything I read they are well made clones for half the price.
I don't think of them as clones. I'm probably not looking at them close enough. Just another line of clubs...

I don't think of them as clones. I'm probably not looking at them close enough. Just another line of clubs...
Clone may have a negative connotation from days when there were lots of cheap knockoffs, personally I'm not trying to say GigaGolf is of lesser quality but certainly copied designs. My understanding is that they take popular patents that have expired to replicate and rebrand them, often in the same factories that the major OEMs made them. Between that and no marketing or endorsement costs they are able to make them very affordable.

For example, here's a list of irons from GigaGolf I found from 2016:

TRX Powerslot = Taylormade Rocketbladez
TRX V.11 = Taylormade Burner 2.0
P3 Bro = Ping G30
GX922 = Callaway X-22
GX944 = Callaway RAZR X HL

They're not clones. Clone companies use the cheapest components they can get. Giga uses good quality components. My set has True Temper Feather Flite shafts which is their stock shafts in irons. Plus, they have an albeit limited selection of steel or graphite shafts. My shafts have 'finest quality" stenciled, not a stickered, on the shafts, which denotes an upper level shaft. They're not top shelf, they just go through a few less quality checks than the top shelf True Tempers. The grips, although not a well known name are fine. Just keep them clean and they will stay grippy for a long time. The grips on my clubs are 9 years old and still feel sticky when kept clean.

Last edited:
They're not clones. Clone companies use the cheapest components they can get. Giga uses good quality components. My set has True Temper Feather Flite shafts which is their stock shafts in irons. Plus, they have an albeit limited selection of steel or graphite shafts. My shafts have 'finest quality" stenciled, not a stickered, on the shafts, which denotes an upper level shaft. They're not top shelf, they just go through a few less quality checks than the top shelf True Tempers. The grips, although not a well known name are fine. Just keep them clean and they will stay grippy for a long time. The grips on my clubs are 9 years old and still feel sticky when kept clean.
I have the True Temper Feather Flites on my Reva Hybrid Irons, and I was able to get Lamkin Crossline Oversize for a $5 upcharge at that time. I don't see them on the site lately, as I have looked at other clubs, and specced them out on the page where you tell them what you want as far as clubs, shafts, grips, etc.. I do see a Winn grip offering. No problems with these clubs to this point, and I did purchase head covers to keep them looking good...

FWIW, if any other OEM used "made for" steel shafts, they would be considered lesser quality.
If made for steel is upper level, what would be considered lower level? Asking genuinly.

my goodness, I have heard that name come in a long long time.

FWIW, if any other OEM used "made for" steel shafts, they would be considered lesser quality.
If made for steel is upper level, what would be considered lower level? Asking genuinly.
What do you mean by "made for"?

Last edited:
What do you mean by "made for"
"made for" is a connotation of a shaft made specifically for a company and for many means a lesser quality than the aftermarket that exists.

"made for" is a connotation of a shaft made specifically for a company and for many means a lesser quality than the aftermarket that exists.
Giga golf, on their website, explains this better than I could. Check the "shaft quality" section on their site.

Giga golf, on their website, explains this better than I could. Check the "shaft quality" section on their site.
I have. Its a made for steel shaft from True Temper.
While I am not sure I would call them clones (I agree with you), I find that website to be incredibly confusing bordering on putting out just bad information. They are talking about web browsers as if the only thing they do is browse a web and no differences, and then moving that to clubs as if the only thing they do is make contact and since a metal wood exists, all metal woods are the same.

From a technical sense, that is so far out there and incorrect, but I understand they are not website designers and don't employ any. Talking about "more recently square drivers", I mean that was over a decade ago haha.

I think for those that are looking for a very cheap alternative, I am glad places like this exist. No, the engineering and materials is not the same as even lower priced OEMs like Tour Edge, but it offers people choices and in the end, choices are good.

I have. Its a made for steel shaft from True Temper.
While I am not sure I would call them clones (I agree with you), I find that website to be incredibly confusing bordering on putting out just bad information. They are talking about web browsers as if the only thing they do is browse a web and no differences, and then moving that to clubs as if the only thing they do is make contact and since a metal wood exists, all metal woods are the same.

From a technical sense, that is so far out there and incorrect, but I understand they are not website designers and don't employ any. Talking about "more recently square drivers", I mean that was over a decade ago haha.

I think for those that are looking for a very cheap alternative, I am glad places like this exist. No, the engineering and materials is not the same as even lower priced OEMs like Tour Edge, but it offers people choices and in the end, choices are good.
I agree! Like I had said earlier, I was not looking for clones, or even thinking that way. I felt that they were just another lower tier club company,(like TopFlite box set?) and read tons of reviews, and did notice some were years old. Most of the reviews were positive, and the pricing is very reasonable. I bought the set of hybrid irons, and so far of good quality. No rattles, nothing coming apart! Got the shaft I asked for, in the length I wanted, the grip I asked for, and they were very timely with delivery. There are a couple of these companies out there. I am a senior at 66, and these are pretty good for me.

I agree! Like I had said earlier, I was not looking for clones, or even thinking that way. I felt that they were just another lower tier club company,(like TopFlite box set?) and read tons of reviews, and did notice some were years old. Most of the reviews were positive, and the pricing is very reasonable. I bought the set of hybrid irons, and so far of good quality. No rattles, nothing coming apart! Got the shaft I asked for, in the length I wanted, the grip I asked for, and they were very timely with delivery. There are a couple of these companies out there. I am a senior at 66, and these are pretty good for me.
IMO, Giga golf is above any box set in the fact a person can get a set of clubs customized to fit them better for close to the same price range as the box sets.

IMO, Giga golf is above any box set in the fact a person can get a set of clubs customized to fit them better for close to the same price range as the box sets.
The magic word-customization!! The error is on the user, as you don't have a certified fitter measuring you. You could go to a certified fitter, and they could give you the measurements on a print out, if you were so inclined. It would cost you a little money, but could well be worth it to know your measurements...

Back