GHIN revision day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at a 2.2 now. I've been hanging around that number for a while now. I think if I can get my putting down, I can hopefully get that number down a little and try to reach 0. That's my ultimate goal, but it seems like it's a long way off.

After all this talk about checking your rounds, I went and looked. Looks like two of my best scores will be falling off and if I can't match, I'll be going up as well. Oh well it was nice to have an 8.9 across the summer.

Tap, tap , taparoo...

My next four rounds coming off, in this order: 82, 84, 84 and 79. This could be bad!

I do track what scores are falling off the bottom as I enter scores but that is only a snapshot of a much larger landscape of "the handicap".

I have tracked my scores for several years and the same trend appears every year. It is kind of puzzling but my monthly average scores in May or June are typically the lowest of the year. July and August the scores start to rise. But the index rises slower since I still tend to shoot some low scores as well as high scores. This year April to August averages are: 78.4, 76.9, 78.8, 79.2, and 80.7. The index for the 15th of each month April to August: 5.2, 4.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.7.

The only good thing is that my average score for corresponding times is generally a tiny bit lower each year than the previous year.

I wish I were more consistent, that the index stayed more constant, that my scores were less volatile but for me anyway, that is the nature of the beast.

It is good for my weekend games when the index is falling and bad when the index is rising since the index is a lagging indicator of the game. It shows how you played the previous period, not how you are performing now.

My dream of being single digit is getting closer. I've been on a tear lately and have dropped 1.7 in a month. BAM! Went from 11.3 to 10.6.

Back to 12.2 but there's trouble looming on the horizon if I don't start playing good golf again

Me too mike. Up to 13.5, but slope changes mean I need to play better going forward or its going up. Not that it matters that much.

Posted via tapatalk.

8.3 to 8.4.

My expectations for the day just dropped. :)

Tappin' from the iPhone!

15.6 to 15.2.

This is probably the best season I've had in 20+ years.

The uphill slide continues...5.6

Rounds posted this year: 165

Down to 10.6 from 11.3. Okay need to get better. I aspire to be so good. I practice. And yet i still am not quite there. Golf... What a game.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Down from a 7.7 to a 7.6! Small but significant as it is my new career low!

16.7 & down from a 17.4 thanks to some better golf but in large part to a solid 85 that included my first 39 for nine holes.

I really haven't put in any remarkable scores, so my efforts to become scratch appear to be at least another season out.. That said, consistency in terms of scoring has been solid, leaving me at a 2.3 up from a 2.0.

The best part? I get another stroke in my money games!!!

Down to a 10,1 with a couple of 80's posted..

I don't yet get how the revisions are done. I have gone from a 7.6 to an 8 to 8.2 now. My last three scores listed are 77, 79 and 77. But I also did finally post the 87 I shot in Hawaii back in July. Oh well. Just need to keep getting better.

Down to a 5.3

Down to a 5.3

Nice buddy! That putter has to have made a massive difference for you. You roll the piss out of that thing.

Nice buddy! That putter has to have made a massive difference for you. You roll the piss out of that thing.

It has for sure, but finding the fairway has done wonders as well.

Well it looks like I am going to have to reevaluate my goals. My goal was to get down to a 2.5 by June of 2013. Well after posting 5 very good scores at Bandon Dunes (one of which was my PB a 72 @ Old Mac, that after the rating and slope made it a -1.7) I am down to my all time low of 2.2 down from 3.8 (my previous low). It is weird to see that low of a number as my handicap. I started off this season as a 7.2 and was a 12 handicap as recent as the start of last season. Maybe I might be able to get to my ultimate goal of scratch sooner than I thought.

Last edited:
For coming second in an outing today i am cut to 14

From 5.3 to 5.2. Playing a couple of tough golf courses in the next three weeks though and I'd like to put up some good scores on them.

Nice move from 8.5 to 8 based on 3 solid rounds. Nothing important falls off the next 3 rounds so hopefully I can get this in the 7's before 10/1.

3.7 today. Last 3 rounds have been 74,71,74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back