Getting old sucks: Post your ailments

Stroke affecting right side (much improved since a year ago) and moderate left knee pain.
I’m sorry to hear that!

Yesterday, weeping the floor right after I got up to clean the house before GF arrived in town, my back started to spasm - was stiff all day. Stiff this morning Crawled out of bed. Theragun helps

Last edited:
After a fun day at the trampoline park yesterday we are both feeling it a little. My plantar’s more than her pretend ailment. 😜
630C698E-04F1-4E27-AD17-0D4E10BEAE6F-COLLAGE.jpeg

We’ve got this waiting for us after a long day of running today.
IMG_9774.jpeg

The question of the day is: Where do I start and how long do you have?

First and foremost I had a Brain aneurysm back in Jan. It has affected me in so many ways, (short term memory loss, sense of fear when it’s bedtime, critical thinking *problem solving*) & Meds to counteract the head pain I’m feeling on the daily have caused undue swelling and lack of movement makes me so stiff.

I can go on and on and on, However god gave me another day to wake up. So I’ll push forward and give everyday a shot of recovery.

After a fun day at the trampoline park yesterday we are both feeling it a little. My plantar’s more than her pretend ailment. 😜
View attachment 9259971

We’ve got this waiting for us after a long day of running today.
View attachment 9259972
Animated GIF

Can we at least warn people there are going to be feet in a photo first?

welllllll
1. Right tib'fib has been broken 3 times and some days the ankle just doesn't work... the Achilles is about 30% torn as well
2. Left knee meniscus has a tear but I haven't went with an MRI yet because it still works and is just painful
3. Right pinky finger (5th digit) bends but won't straighten out
4. L3, L4,L5 disc all bulging... some days it feels like they've gotten better others I notice it down my left Sciatic nerve (luckily thats all)
5. Right rotator cuff partially torn with a torn labrum from a dislocated shoulder I put back in by myself like a complete idiot
6. My mind. If you only knew :oops:
I had a torn meniscus several years ago. Walking on uneven surfaces was hell. You should get the surgery done. In and out in less than half a day.

after reading all the responses regarding strokes, brain aneurysm and other ailments I am sorry that you all have to go through those difficulties. Mine pale in comparison and are mostly self inflicted.

I had a torn meniscus several years ago. Walking on uneven surfaces was hell. You should get the surgery done. In and out in less than half a day.
I will get it fixed all at once. I won’t touch the shoulder.

Through the years I've had an assortment of injuries and ailments. As far as those that effect my golf game, I've had 3 back surgeries (one a fusion). That has resulted in somewhat reducing my flexibility. I've also broken both elbows (one twice) and my left arm can no longer be straightened completely. Last fall I tripped over a lawn
mower and landed on the cement driveway on my left knee. There is obviously something wrong with it, possibly torn meniscus, at least it feels like that. I've had
arthroscopic surgery on both knees in the past for torn meniscus problems and it feels much the same. I've had a doctor tell me, after looking at my MRI, that I probably
could/should have new knees and hips but until I can't put up with the pain I don't want any more surgery. So, I hobble around on the golf course and always use a
golf cart. I also have become a fair weather golfer because my back and knees will not loosen up if I play when temps are not at least in the mid 60's. My elbows, fingers,
wrist, knees and back all are arthritic. Unless the weather is warm I suffer while/from playing. I've also had a heart attack and ever since then I no longer tolerate heat like I
used to. I used to love it when it was in the upper 80's and 90's outside but no longer can tolerate those temps for playing golf. I've also been short winded since the heart attack so sometimes that comes into play. I'm almost 75 years old and don't know how much longer God will give me but I'll keep playing golf as long as I can. I still get
around the course for about a 3.5 hr. round so it's not all bad yet.

Back